SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
28% down is pretty good.

It certainly shows people aren't starved for the sport after going without a preseason. There also isn't a lot of new content on TV, so that tells me people just don't care. I can't imagine why it wouldn't continue to decrease as the season goes along. Well, assuming they don't inflate the numbers, which wouldn't surprise me.

Last nights game was between two pretty popular teams too. Dallas is rated as the team with the largest fanbase in the country. Tonight’s Steelers-Giants game should be really telling as they are both in the top 5 teams with the largest fanbase and it’s the first MNF game of the season. I’m really hoping the numbers are as down as last nights game.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the first time in, well, probably forever that I haven’t watched NFL football on opening weekend. I did turn on the Dallas/LA game for less than 5 minutes, but only to see asshole Kroenke’s $5b stadium empty of fans. Don’t have any desire to watch a game at all going forward.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s sucks they’ve all gone SJW. I’m more upset about the MLB than the NFL. I just moved to FL last year and am close to a lot of spring training facilities. There was supposed to be a minor league team playing just 5 miles from my house too. The season got cancelled over covid but I was really looking forward to next season. I can’t support those assholes either though so I guess I’ve got to go watch high school games instead.

Huh...
I don't want to argue with you but it seems to me the NFL is much worse about all of this stuff than MLB. It started in the NFL with the riots in Ferguson and has kept getting worse.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
It’s sucks they’ve all gone SJW. I’m more upset about the MLB than the NFL. I just moved to FL last year and am close to a lot of spring training facilities. There was supposed to be a minor league team playing just 5 miles from my house too. The season got cancelled over covid but I was really looking forward to next season. I can’t support those assholes either though so I guess I’ve got to go watch high school games instead.

Huh...
I don't want to argue with you but to me the NFL seems much worse about all of this stuff than MLB. It started in the NFL with the riots in Ferguson and has kept getting worse.

I suppose it depends on what you consider worse. I’m not sure why it matters anyway who is worse. They both, along with the NBA and NHL, support the terrorist organization BLM. Baseball has painted BLM on their fields and they’ve cancelled games over police shootings and they’ve knelt during the anthem. In my mind there’s no acceptable level of an entire organization supporting BLM. Players in the NFL have been protesting longer but the MLB made up for a lot of lost time this season.

BTW when I said that I’m more upset about the MLB I meant that I’ll miss watching minor and Major League Baseball more than I’ll miss the NFL. Not that they were worse. I understand though how the way I wrote that could be confusing. I’m plenty mad about the NFL.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
28% down is pretty good.

And 2019 was "terrible", ratings wise, as well. Sooo, 28% less than that. They made their bed, so sad, too bad. Wink

Yeah, anybody know what percentage the ratings went below the 2017/18 numbers? That's the number that will give the real picture.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This story warms the cockles of my heart...Yes, my cockles are warm reading this:

Colin Kaepernick rips NFL's 'propaganda about how they care about Black Life'

Never attempt to appease these slimebags. Never. You will never satisfy them no matter what you do, no matter how far you debase yourself kneeling, crawling, begging for their approval. Stand tall and reject their nonsense.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick is the biggest fraud. He started kneeling so he could blame his possible removal from the team on his political stance. He didn’t actually get let go either, he quit. He had a year left on his contract in SF but opted out of it. When he started kneeling that season he actually had a contract that was through 2020 but he wanted it reworked so it was changed to only one more year and gave him the option to leave. He could have still been playing in SF but he wanted out of that contract. He left them, not the other way around as he and the media tells it.

He got into serious talks with Baltimore and his girlfriend started talking shit about the organization and calling Ray Lewis, who was fighting for Kaepernick (and is black and is probably the Ravens biggest star player of all time), a racist on social media so he lost that chance.

He then got a chance last year to go to a private workout by the NFL. The NFL wanted him to be drafted so badly they did something they’d never done before and set it up for him. Almost every team attended the workout, but at the last minute Kaepernick pulled out and moved the workout to a high school field.

The fact is he knows he’s a second rate QB that couldn’t live up to his rookie season hype and his own ego. He won’t risk playing for another team because he knows he can’t preform. So he intentionally screws up every opportunity.

Even several of his biggest supporters turned their back on him after the workout fiasco.

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
But they DO care about black lives..just not yours, Colon.

quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
This story warms the cockles of my heart...Yes, my cockles are warm reading this:

Colin Kaepernick rips NFL's 'propaganda about how they care about Black Life'

Never attempt to appease these slimebags. Never. You will never satisfy them no matter what you do, no matter how far you debase yourself kneeling, crawling, begging for their approval. Stand tall and reject their nonsense.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
When he talks or issues statements, all I hear in my head is Charlie Brown’s teacher.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
FUCK the NFL, fucke every one of them I hope that they all die in a plane crash, players, coaches, owners and anyone who supports them. ALL OF THEM. No fucks to give anymore for those piece of shits.

My daughter and former son-in-law both had to wait over 10 days to get Covid test results to take my grandson for cancer treatments. But the fucking NFL is so goddamn important they can get the results back the same fucking day.

https://bleacherreport.com/art...head-of-week-1-games

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
28% is a good start, need to get the viewership down another 28%.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I wonder, just how much viewership do they need to lose before they admit they swallowed a cowpie.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I had the Panther's as my avatar for years. I am boycotting this year, and will probably do so moving forward. I can and will not support the BLM pandering and bullshit to make themselves feel better. The long hiatus from sports just shows you how little it actually matters. I'm still watching college for now. If they do anything, that's out too.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder, just how much viewership do they need to lose before they admit they swallowed a cowpie.

Never happen. They will inflate numbers or find something to blame. It will never be their fault or the fault of the movement. Behind closed doors is another issue. I'd wager some owners already know, but they have to keep their mouths shut or risk losing their team.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
When these players stop making the money they're used to making, they might get a clue. Or maybe not.

One thing's for sure, if viewership continues to decline, advertisers won't be so willing to continue to spend millions on their commercials with the NFL. Then they'll really feel it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Inflating numbers won’t be as easy as some of you act since the leagues don’t control those numbers. And advertises care a lot about those numbers. That’s the only real reason the numbers exist.

A massive long term drop in viewership matters. I doubt the NFL or MLB or NHL will ever publicly admit anything, and I believe advertisers who for the most part are all in on the SJW craze will stay quiet too. But eventually, behind closed doors, those advertisers are going to tell the leagues and the channels that carry them that they aren’t going to pay as much for the airtime or stadium naming rights or the sign behind the batters box. The next time Fox bids on showing the World Series, they bid less because the advertisers won’t pay what they paid the year before.

It’s a long term thing and like I said before if you’re only boycotting the NFL but quietly ignoring MLB, NHL and NBA then you’re certainly not helping. After they’ve all gone SJW the best way to show them it’s their political stance is to punish them all.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm still watching college for now. If they do anything, that's out too.

They are also participating in this SJW crap.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I told myself I wasn't going to watch, but I did. Flame away if you want, I enjoyed it. First sports I've watched in 6 months, it was a needed break from all the other BS. I was fully prepared to turn it off immediately due to BLM crap and the fact my team caved on the name.

I record the games then watch an hour or so after start so I can skip the commercials. I don't know what happened before kickoff, thank goodness the recording started one or two minutes before kickoff. It was a great game Skins came back for 17 down with 27 unanswered points. I'm going to give week two a shot, hopefully the broadcast will be free of SJW stuff again for week two.

Personally I really need this escape, hate away if you will. I feel conflicted, but in the end I need some sense of normalcy, and I got it Sunday.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you're going to let them bugger you, you'd better lube up.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
When these players stop making the money they're used to making, they might get a clue. . . .

I imagine such pay cuts will result in cries of racism or some violation of "rights". Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post