SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games)
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NFL starts new season sitting for National Anthem. Update Pg 91 (And it continues with 2018 Pre-Season games) Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Hope RGRacing reads and comprehends your post.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I thought formula 1 was a refuge from the US pro league BS. Hamilton was on the podium today wearing a T shirt over his driving suit with "Arrest the cops that killed Breonna Taylor" on it. The cars also have "social justice" slogans on the them.

I'm only objecting to using sport as a political platform as I haven't analyzed the Breonna Taylor situation.

Posts: 7458 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Football, both NFL and college have changed in the past few years. Without the SJ BS, the games contain more commercials and way, way more penalties.

We ate out last night and the place had the Clemson/Wake Forest game playing on the 10 or so TVs. Nothing but commercials and penalties. Unwatchable.

Add the Social Justice crap and I'm done.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure I've posted about this before...

mcrimm, that reminds me of a time not long ago when my wife and I were awaiting a program that had been delayed by Yet Another Eggball Game. I looked up from my book, tablet, what-have-you at one point to see me wife watching the game. "What's this?" I thought. So I watched her watching the game. Eventually she asks me "Do they ever actually play?" "Sure they do," I replied, "watch."

Eventually they got their lines formed up, the ball was snapped, and they played... for all of about ten seconds--maybe. Then it was back to the ref establishing the new line of scrimmage, players wandering around aimlessly, coaches talking to players, etc., etc.

"There," I said, "they played." "That's it?" she asked. "That was it. Now you understand how five minutes of play remaining really means about twenty minutes."

She just shook her head and remarked "And they say soccer is boring?"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I thought formula 1 was a refuge from the US pro league BS. Hamilton was on the podium today wearing a T shirt over his driving suit with "Arrest the cops that killed Breonna Taylor" on it.

Sucks when anyone dies, but she was not a unknowing pawn in the drugs being dealt in the area and her home.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ors-home/5706161002/

quote:
Moreover, it states that Jamarcus Glover, a convicted drug dealer and Taylor's former boyfriend, picked up a package at her home Jan. 16 while police were watching him.

The report further says:

It was Mattingly, the officer who was shot at Taylor's apartment, who asked the postal service whether Glover was receiving packages at Taylor's apartment. Jaynes wrote in a March 12 sworn affidavit for a search warrant that he had verified that Glover was receiving packages at Taylor's home through a postal inspector (a Louisville postal inspector later told WDRB news that wasn't true).
Glover listed Taylor's home as his address on a Chase bank account, and a search warrant for the account was executed on March 19, sixdays after her death.
Glover listed Taylor's phone number as his when he filed a complaint against a police officer in February for towing his red Dodge Charger for a parking violation.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8kcFR_uQwiw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Thanks for the link Motoboy. He articulated my feelings much better than I could have. Unfortunately the Commissioner is too dense to understand. I for one won't be watching any football.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Report This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the link Motoboy. He articulated my feelings much better than I could have. Unfortunately the Commissioner is too dense to understand. I for one won't be watching any football.

My wife worked during the years Pete Rozelle was in charge. He never allowed any conduct that is seen today. She hated Goodell .

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Pretty sure I've posted about this before...

mcrimm, that reminds me of a time not long ago when my wife and I were awaiting a program that had been delayed by Yet Another Eggball Game. I looked up from my book, tablet, what-have-you at one point to see me wife watching the game. "What's this?" I thought. So I watched her watching the game. Eventually she asks me "Do they ever actually play?" "Sure they do," I replied, "watch."

Eventually they got their lines formed up, the ball was snapped, and they played... for all of about ten seconds--maybe. Then it was back to the ref establishing the new line of scrimmage, players wandering around aimlessly, coaches talking to players, etc., etc.

"There," I said, "they played." "That's it?" she asked. "That was it. Now you understand how five minutes of play remaining really means about twenty minutes."

She just shook her head and remarked "And they say soccer is boring?"

I’ve spent most of my life playing and coaching football at various levels and there is a lot of stuff going on in the 45 seconds or so between snaps that someone who understands it can enjoy watching. It’s interesting to see the replays from various angles and watch blocks and such.

As someone who doesn’t watch racing or soccer or basketball I’m sure there is a lot going on that I wouldn’t notice or appreciate in those sports.

It’s sucks they’ve all gone SJW. I’m more upset about the MLB than the NFL. I just moved to FL last year and am close to a lot of spring training facilities. There was supposed to be a minor league team playing just 5 miles from my house too. The season got cancelled over covid but I was really looking forward to next season. I can’t support those assholes either though so I guess I’ve got to go watch high school games instead.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Motoboy, thanks for posting that powerful video. It's sad that so many will still support these athletes who have never done anything worthwhile and will never know the real meaning of sacrifice, honor and courage. All these pro sports have been dead to me for several years and now college sports is as well.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motoboy:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8kcFR_uQwiw" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

RIP Sergeant Garrett Mongrella, KIA in the Battle of Khafji, Desert Storm. You left us too soon Marine....Godspeed My Good Friend! Frown

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
28% down is pretty good. I was worried because we were out a good bit yesterday and there weren't many people out and about like the past several weekends. I was worried that a lot of people were home watching the NFL. Hopefully this trend continues, it's the only possible way to change this nonsense. Don't watch, don't record.

‘Sunday Night Football’ Season Debut Ratings Fall From 2019 As LA Rams Score Hometown Win Over Cowboys

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Don't watch, don't record.
Don't even have your DVR on that channel when the DVR is off, because the DVR is still receiving the signal, and if it's receiving the signal, you are "watching" that program as far as the provider is concerned, and this information is used for ratings. That's why you can turn on your DVR and "rewind" the program.

At least, this is the way DirecTV is set up, and I'm sure it's not unique.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107611 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
For the first time in a looooooooong time I’m not wearing any Browns gear on an NFL Sunday.

I also am not watching a single game.

I think I am finally done with the NFL. I’m tired of this. Good riddance to these assholes. I want to see them broke and unemployed.

I went back to find my fist post in this thread. It was almost exactly 3 years. I haven't watched since and I don't miss it all. We used to have the NFL on in our house ALL day and through the Sunday night game. My wife and I each had fantasy teams (I usually had 2 or 3 every year).

They sucked all the fun out of it for me and I just can't find joy while watching their leftist preaching. I turned on College Game Day this weekend and had to turn it off about 10 minutes into it. More leftist woke shit now in my college football. Looks like we will be done with college football too.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
28% down is pretty good.

It certainly shows people aren't starved for the sport after going without a preseason. There also isn't a lot of new content on TV, so that tells me people just don't care. I can't imagine why it wouldn't continue to decrease as the season goes along. Well, assuming they don't inflate the numbers, which wouldn't surprise me.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I would watch a bug on a plate, a squirrel in a tree, before I would watch the NFL or any team in it, ever again. I don't need football, any more than I need a hernia, or a hangnail. The "bois" can go back to the 'hood and do what they were doing before they became the overpaid, overpraised, over promoted, useless cretins they were before the public charitably subsidized their lifestyle and their "sport." "Fowty-too! Sheeut!" I don't need to pay someone who represents an avowed, publicly stated intention to kill me and destroy my family, my home and my country. Time to man up, cowboy up, stand up, pick up a musket and go to the wall. It's the Alamo.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Hopefully all of you are this serious about all professional and college sports that have taken the same political stance. If you’re on here talking about how you’ll never watch another NFL game but you’re still watching baseball or hockey then you’re contributing.

Hollywood too. And music. And books. Make sure you are as diligent about all your entertainment sources. Picking just one that you never watched anyway isn’t going to teach anyone anything.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I used to love watching sports, but these assholes pushed me to the "fuck-you" point over the last coupla' years.

Mrs. vinnybass & I watched Anglo crime shows on Britbox & Acorn yesterday. No sports, no racing, no problem.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
... No sports, no racing, no problem.

Exactly where we are now. Couldn't care less about sports.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
28% down is pretty good.

And 2019 was "terrible", ratings wise, as well. Sooo, 28% less than that. They made their bed, so sad, too bad. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post