SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
it's difficult if not impossible to flee because of Lake Michigan.

What idiot comes up with this stuff? That is the dumbest thing I've read associated with this event yet and that includes the talking heads with no knowledge of firearms.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And it seems he has an appetite also.
Room service receipt says 2 guests.

Proof of an elaborate conspiracy...

Or maybe, he's just booked at a double-occupancy rate and that's reflected automatically in the charge-to-room system?

And really, what difference does it make relative to Paddock himself? Does having an accomplice make him less morally culpable?

Exactly! Notice that he only ordered one item each, except soda. The guy was a loner! He didn't have an accomplice!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Given the timeline info, it seems the unarmed hotel security guard played a very significant role.

At 1015 the guard approaches the door and Paddock fires thru the door. No more gun shots after 1015.

So that stopped Paddock from shooting people below.

Since there were no more shots, that indicates Paddock killed himself at 1015. Other active shooters have committed suicide as soon as police arrived on scene.

The guard was able to tell police exactly which room Paddock was in.

If multiple police had gone down the hall before the guard, there would have been more opportunity for Paddock to spray fire into the hall with those multiple targets.

The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's the turducken of clues.

That made me laugh out loud!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

What idiot comes up with this stuff? That is the dumbest thing I've read associated with this event yet and that includes the talking heads with no knowledge of firearms.

I saw a brief snippet the other day of some moronic newscaster speculate to her fellow newscasters that this may have been his way to avoid some possible IRS tax problems. In context it was stupid enough that her co-anchor's jaw literally dropped and he stumbled out with something along the line of "um..well..he's dead...so..."

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It's a mystery, wrapped in a riddle, baked into a delectable enigma crust.

It's the turducken of clues.

This one will be served with a side dish of crow.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
I believe most of us would agree that our CCW's wouldn't be effective ....

I would hope that anyone having the slightest familiarity with guns would agree that spraying the front of a high rise hotel with a handgun would be extremely unwise at best. I was discussing this exact point yesterday and my opinion is that it wouldn’t be a good idea even for officers armed with patrol rifles and nonmagnifying sights (Aimpoints, EOTechs, etc.) to try to engage someone firing from 300 to 400 yards and 30 stories up. We should assume that many other people in rooms all around the shooter’s would be at their windows wondering what was going on. Without precision fire, there’d be a better chance of hitting one of them than the criminal.

quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
and even having Security post Snipers wouldn't work.

Counter fire from a law enforcement sniper could work if it were precise enough. I’d bet a nickel that in the future more LE snipers will be stationed at such events that are overlooked by high rise, and not-so-high rise, buildings than was common before this incident. And I’d bet another nickel that a lot of LE snipers this morning are wondering if they should reevaluate the likelihood of having to engage someone beyond the typical LE sniping distance of <100 yards, not to mention the need to calculate trajectories of bullets fired at extreme up/down angles.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Looks like he had been planning something like this for a while.

Link

Stephen Paddock had his sights set on Lollapalooza in Chicago and even booked 2 rooms in a hotel that overlooked the massive outdoor venue ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ as a source ... of anything ... ?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People seemd bound and determined to point out, over and over and over, that the guy has been "planning this for a while".

OK, got it. He didn't wake up last week and say to himself, I'm gonna kill a bunch of people. He said it last year, or two months ago.

SO WHAT?????

Why do people keep saying this again and again??? What's the significance of him planning this for a while?

Got it- he'd been planning this for a while. Got it.

Got

It

It changes nothing, means nothing. A blind man could see that there was planning involved in this. I guess what it comes back to is what I've been saying- given the dearth of evidence regarding this guy's motives, people have to keep parrotting what we already know, as if repeating these things will illuminate their meanings.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://youtu.be/YEBUNMVP_8k

Big Grin

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

You left out the even dumber part, where he wrote, "And here is the scariest part." Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26398 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Leftist a-holes:
"Don't Ask Me To Pray For Victims" -
Harvard Professor Calls NRA a "Domestic Terrorist Organization"

A Harvard University professor called the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” Tuesday morning, adding that “Congress must act” on gun control.

“We have to have the courage to call the NRA exactly what it has become - a domestic terrorist organization that places profit above the lives of the American people,” Dr. Jonathan Walton declared during Morning Prayers, according to a blog post by The Memorial Church at Harvard.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...rrorist-organization

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The NRA is not responsible for a severely mentally ill citizen.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
That Harvard professor is mentally ill as well.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Report This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
She was a hungry hooker.

They all are.... Wink

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
That is the dumbest thing I've read associated with this event yet and that includes the talking heads with no knowledge of firearms.

Oh, I don't know...

Hannity last night stated that tannerite is the same as napalm.

Of course he has vast experience with such things as he's "carried a gun his entire adult life."

Roll Eyes

Hey Sean! This is a Fox News Alert...you're an idiot.

Posts: 20108 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does it matter?

Nada.

Sorry for the drift.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing of the kind, just an interesting tidbit. No conspiracy talk, no elaborate planning jive, just a piece of paper. I'm actually surprised the guy didn't order a six pack of beer, given the photos the media runs of the shooter.

Nobody knows anything. And most likely, based on past shootings, we'll never know. The information we get is filtered through the FBI, local LE, and the mainstream media. Mistakes will be made, assumptions will be made by all parties. For example, the official timeline the media is running with says that the guy checked into the hotel on the 28th. The room service receipt is dated the 27th. I guess someone made a mistake somewhere or misinformation released. Par for the course.

Columbo is not going to arrive to solve this thing. The FBI has already shown incompetency in the past, local LE might be getting there, and of course we know the mainstream media. This will all fade into a distant memory for the masses, just like past shootings. We'll barely talk about this weeks from now, Trump will be back at the top of the news, hammered relentlessly by the media. The real truth to this tragedy died when the asshole stuck a revolver into his mouth.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Leftist a-holes:
"Don't Ask Me To Pray For Victims" -
Harvard Professor Calls NRA a "Domestic Terrorist Organization"

A Harvard University professor called the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” Tuesday morning, adding that “Congress must act” on gun control.

“We have to have the courage to call the NRA exactly what it has become - a domestic terrorist organization that places profit above the lives of the American people,” Dr. Jonathan Walton declared during Morning Prayers, according to a blog post by The Memorial Church at Harvard.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...rrorist-organization

More Cambridge lunacy the epicenter of liberalism.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Nothing of the kind, just an interesting tidbit. No conspiracy talk, no elaborate planning jive, just a piece of paper. I'm actually surprised the guy didn't order a six pack of beer, given the photos the media runs of the shooter.

Nobody knows anything. And most likely, based on past shootings, we'll never know. The information we get is filtered through the FBI, local LE, and the mainstream media. Mistakes will be made, assumptions will be made by all parties. For example, the official timeline the media is running with says that the guy checked into the hotel on the 28th. The room service receipt is dated the 27th. I guess someone made a mistake somewhere or misinformation released. Par for the course.

Columbo is not going to arrive to solve this thing. The FBI has already shown incompetency in the past, local LE might be getting there, and of course we know the mainstream media. This will all fade into a distant memory for the masses, just like past shootings. We'll barely talk about this weeks from now, Trump will be back at the top of the news, hammered relentlessly by the media. The real truth to this tragedy died when the asshole stuck a revolver into his mouth.

Yep ... my thoughts also ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Report This Post