SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
No way I could know the reason he moved frequently. That's what the bunch at the FBI BSU are experts at. It's a red flag the police will investigate.
The guy was 64 years old. You're suggesting that having two dozen or so residences in 64 years is a "red flag".

Man, you guys need to step back for a minute and think about what you're saying. We're taking these scraps of information we've discovered about the man and assigning significance to them. This is exactly what 24 hour cable news is doing. They're trying to create a narrative out of incidental information. Please, just stop and think about what I'm saying.

It's just a guy who went nuts. Maybe he was nuts a for a while, but Jesus Christ, this is not the act of a sane person. It's just not. He was crazy. After all is said and done, I think that's all they're going to find.

Yes I am.

Is he/was he nuts? Think that's a gimme.

Anything that is outside the boundaries of normal, will be looked at. Average person moves somewhere in the range of 10 times in their life. BSU will be neck deep into this one.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oy

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
toyb-shtum

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I'm sorry a single life was lost, but with 500+ people wounded it's a blessing that it's not in the hundreds.

Out of the many injured, it is safe to say that a percentage of them were non-shooting injuries. People were basically stampeding, stepping over each other. Think of The Who concert in 1979 at Cincinnati's Coliseum.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
LVMPD presser ongoing. Over now. Last one until tomorrow morning.

59 dead, 519 injured.
Blood donation response was overwhelming
MGM is giving rooms at Bellagio, coordinating flights of family coming to LV.
Security at Mandalay Bay helped keep event from being worse
GoFundMe set up by LVMPD at $2.3M. one donor gave $400k

New number to call to locate loved ones.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31481 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
The guy was a realestate investor who currently owned at least 3 homes, I don't see the multiple residences as an indication of anything.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
signed.

Signed

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Report This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
LVMPD presser ongoing.

59 dead, 519 injured.
Blood donation response was overwhelming
MGM is giving rooms at Bellagio, coordinating flights of family coming to LV.
Security at Mandalay Bay helped keep event from being worse
GoFundMe set up by LVMPD at $2.3M. one donor gave $400k

New number to call to locate loved ones.
I

I am still heartbroken over this, but these examples of humanity are very encouraging.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
No way I could know the reason he moved frequently. That's what the bunch at the FBI BSU are experts at. It's a red flag the police will investigate.
The guy was 64 years old. You're suggesting that having two dozen or so residences in 64 years is a "red flag".

Man, you guys need to step back for a minute and think about what you're saying. We're taking these scraps of information we've discovered about the man and assigning significance to them. This is exactly what 24 hour cable news is doing. They're trying to create a narrative out of incidental information. Please, just stop and think about what I'm saying.

It's just a guy who went nuts. Maybe he was nuts a for a while, but Jesus Christ, this is not the act of a sane person. It's just not. He was crazy. After all is said and done, I think that's all they're going to find.

Yes I am.

Is he/was he nuts? Think that's a gimme.

Anything that is outside the boundaries of normal, will be looked at. Average person moves somewhere in the range of 10 times in their life. BSU will be neck deep into this one.

I lived in 21 different homes before I was 7 years old. Different "HOMES", (meaning different families. To include 4 foster homes and an orphanage.

After that, I have lived in 41 (yep, forty-effing-one) different places counting my home I currently own.

But then, I am Jewish, so maybe there is something about this "wandering Jew" crap.

But, rest assured, I am well grounded and solid in my brain.

I have lived all around crazy most of my life, and I am about as un-crazy as one can be.

So, I guess you need to start all your "got it all figured out" over, cuz your missed one...

Or maybe I don't like such "profiling" from people who really have no idea WTF they are talking about.

People have lost their lives for no good reason, and thousands of people will be dealing with snakes in their heads for years.

And because I understand that, I am not a very nice person to deal with in regards to people who haven't a personal clue about such matters.

And I apologize for drifting the thread...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43918 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Not that the public would be given the information...but if the weapon(s) used were NFA items you better believe the ATF would know every single bit of info there is on them within a few hours max.

To take a quote about Terry Bradshaw "ATF couldn't spell cat if you spotted them the C and the T."

yep,

the NFA registry is not exactly accurate

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
signed.

Signed

She was fired

http://www.latimes.com/nation/...69657-htmlstory.html

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
With the authorities at this time saying they can't find anything about this dude that would indicate he would have done this, I wonder if he got set up by someone else and killed before the SWAT team got up there.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
The local news here in DFW reporting he was a multi-millionaire who lived for 14 years in Mesquite Texas. (Just a coincidence he also lived in Mesquite, Nevada).

They reported that he owned an entire apartment complex and managed it while he lived in Mesquite Texas, along with managing several other real estate properties.

They interviewed the manager at the Mesquite airport. Apparently he owned two planes, and had a pilots license and flew out of the airport quite often. She said the most memorable thing about him was that he was "unmemorable" in all aspects. Truly a "gray man".

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
With the authorities at this time saying they can't find anything about this dude that would indicate he would have done this, I wonder if he got set up by someone else and killed before the SWAT team got up there.
Yeah that's what happened

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
quote:
signed.

Signed
She was fired

http://www.latimes.com/nation/...69657-htmlstory.html
petition is to disbar her. sign it already.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Report This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
Yeah that's what happened

Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. Just some dude at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ruby, Oswald, you get the picture

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
They're now reporting that the shooter had around 16 guns in the hotel room. Many of them were ARs, including "four Daniel Defense DDM4 rifles, three FN-15s, and other rifles made by Sig Sauer". At least one of the ARs is believed to have been fitted with a Slide Fire bump-fire stock. At least two of the rifles were emplaced on tripods. Some of the rifles had scopes. Rifles were chambered in .223 and .308.

All the guns are being examined to determine if they've been modified for full-auto fire.

The guns and ammo were brought into the hotel in a number of suitcases. One report said as many as 10 different suitcases.

A quantity of ammonium nitrate was located in his vehicle.

Posts: 32549 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
Grassy Knoll = Two Broken Windows.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I guess I can can get to this guy being some form of crazy. The argument against this is that he wasn't nuts because he planned and executed things so methodically. OK if this is so, then what I keep wondering is why he had so many guns? I've heard he had anywhere from 10 to 23 weapons in the room with him. How would a sane (or practical) shooter think that he (alone) would ever have a chance to use that many weapons? I can see the sense in having backups of your primary guns, ARs for instance, but 2 or 3 would have been more than enough. To hope to use 10 or more with the every lawman for miles rapidly descending on you makes zero sense. It seems contradictory to what I would think was sound planning and reasoning.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post