SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
What about anti-depressant medications? The Columbine shooters had been on anti-depressants of some kind. I know that SSRI's and other meds can totally screw up one's thinking and emotions.

Sandy Hook, I am pretty sure that kid was on meds. I would expect that many if not most of these crazy mass shooters were not in their right mind because of meds. Hopefully any information on what this guy was on will come out, and not be suppressed.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I am sure that the heavy hand of Big Pharma would try to quash any mention of meds and side effects involved in mass shootings. Better to blame the gun than on what makes them billions.

The young man at Sandy Hook had well known mental disparities, but was getting no treatment, IIRC.

Virtually nothing is known about this fellow right now, enogh to draw any conclusions about his mental health and personality, nothing that is too far from normal. Indeed, he seems stable, functioning rationally, pretty well adjusted on the surface from what is reported.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I am
going to throw out a big pharma conspiracy nonetheless.

Fixed it for you.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I have a new theory to go with my tie. No info is released so they can let the left bury themselves first. Seems like DJTs style. Or they got nothing as Para states. Probably that version.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about anti-depressant medications? The Columbine shooters had been on anti-depressants of some kind. I know that SSRI's and other meds can totally screw up one's thinking and emotions.

Sandy Hook, I am pretty sure that kid was on meds. I would expect that many if not most of these crazy mass shooters were not in their right mind because of meds. Hopefully any information on what this guy was on will come out, and not be suppressed.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I am sure that the heavy hand of Big Pharma would try to quash any mention of meds and side effects involved in mass shootings. Better to blame the gun than on what makes them billions.

Correlation does not equal causation. It's not surprising that the type of disturbed people who commit these kinds of acts have been treated for mental illness. They're getting meds because they've been identified as "crazy," not going crazy because they've been given meds.

Besides that, what about the millions of people who take these medications and somehow don't end up killing anyone?

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Report This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Erins facebook is down but her photography website is still up.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yelp is pruning her site, but google is not.

Yet.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
Looks like he's been sending "large sums" of money overseas.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...s-officials-say.html

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
offenders.

That's pretty kind...

You might find a dictionary useful. It's a big book with a lot of words printed in it.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ever heard of correlation causation? It's probably what they are being treated for, not the medication they are using.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You actually think I was being serious?

Of all the people you will encounter online, I am one of the least likely to accept any sort of conspiracy theory. That's no joke. I am in probably the top one percentile of people who reject such nonsense outright, and enthusiastically.

Such crap always comes from loons or children who want to make the banality of the truth more interesting than ever it will be, by fabricating fairytales out of whole cloth.

I can see my post may be a little confusing...I was referring to bustabuddy's post, not yours. Should have just copied his original post. I am in agreement that the only real motive here is that the shooter was mentally deranged and unfortunately, he took 59 people with him and scarred hundreds more.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Surefire 100 rnd mag or was it a 90 rnd mag? Can't remember which one they made. I have the 60 rnd mag and it's short.

Looked it up. 100 round magazine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I think that one thing can be said for sure, regardless of if any of his other guns were modified in a different way or if they were grandfathered pre 86 full auto, I think it is safe to say that Slide-fire and other similar bump stock or other trigger manipulation devices are not going to be legal for much longer. In the quest for some's desire to get around and skirt the law regarding full auto capability, these unregulated products were a problem just waiting to happen. None of them are going to survive this and IMHO, good riddance. I support the vast majority of firearms related products out there, but have never supported any of these.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
Marine steals truck to transport injured to hospital

My guess is he needed to steal a truck so he could help out and haul his cajones at the same time. Semper Fi you glorious thief.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Report This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Video tour of the shooters room (prior to the shooting) Couldn't get it to embed.

A video, shot in 2016 by a guest at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Vegas shows the exact room where Stephen Paddock, the suspect in Sunday’s deadly Las Vegas shooting stayed.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10...s-shooter-had-video/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I check 3 large net sellers about the 'slide fire' stock. All 3 showed out of stock, with no backorder.

No I don't need one, just looking.

Posts: 6167 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Fox just reported that Paddock owed $270,000 in legal fees from his failed slip and fall lawsuit at the Cosmopolitan.

I wonder if we've found the motive.

Even if you're well off, $270k is a dent in the lifestyle.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31445 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Fox just reported that Paddock owed $270,000 in legal fees from his failed slip and fall lawsuit at the Cosmopolitan.

$270.00
Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock gambled and lost in 2012 slipping lawsuit
"The case was eventually tossed in 2014 – and Paddock still owed $270 in legal fees when he opened fire Sunday night."

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:

He lost a lawsuit so he kills 50+ people? C'mon man...
The guy was fucking nuts.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:

The case was over with 3 years ago when he lost arbitration in 2014. Why wait that long to go nuts over the legal bills?

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Report This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Reading the story about the situation at the hospitals after the victims started arriving made my eyes misty. Kudos to all of the police, firemen, first responders, those on scene in the field as the bullets rained down, and to all of those at the hospitals who did as much as they could to save so many.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
Marine steals truck to transport injured to hospital

My guess is he needed to steal a truck so he could help out and haul his cajones at the same time. Semper Fi you glorious thief.

Possibly, but he made at least one more trip to get more victims. The firing had probably stopped by then, but he definitely seemed to be trying to help.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2106 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Report This Post