SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
My gf made my choice for me, very nice gift she got me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Is that two bottles of Blanton's?

I haven't had the CdO in long time I forgot how good these are. The second third really shines.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yup 2 bottles. On top of the 2 she got me for Christmas.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Hats off to your girlfriend, my wife of 17 yrs together for 24, wouldn't know a Bourbon to buy me and definitely not a cigar to buy for me.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have a bourbon cart at her house (she set it up for me) with a humidor full of my favorite smokes. I made it easy for her, but it was all her idea. Idk where the hell she managed to find so much blanton's and she wont tell me where either. But I'm glad she knows where to get it.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say thanks to all of the regular posters who keep this thread going. As I have said before, I am still learning.

I have a day at the crashpad in Memphis today. Found a good (?) B&M a few miles away. Picked up a few sticks. I have smoked a couple of My Father's and enjoyed them. Anyone have any experience with any of these? What should I expect? Thanks guys.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Tall glass of Blanton's and a cote de or. Got the weber goin for some mothers day burgers.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Both gifts Jay, correct? Enjoy!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Yeah both were gifts. The oliva v is good. Full flavored. I haven't had the other 2.

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. That Oliva is about to get lit!

Plato

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Is that your last one? Or is that a sigh of contentment?

Plato

posted Hide Post
The Oliva is a great cigar. Medium to full body leaning towards the full side. Good flavors and ages very well. The tend to get very smooth and creamy with age.
My Father Connecticut is mild to medium bodied. Good flavors for a Connecticut that pairs extremely well with a hot cup of Peet's Major Dickasons blend coffee in the morning or whenever. I have not aged one to see how they do.
The Alec Bradley I have not had.

I am smoking a CI Blend Lab YH-738. This is a lancero that was blended by a former employee. This is in my top 5 favorite Blend Lab sticks. Medium to full body with hints of salted pretzel throughout the burn.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Petr thanks for the input.

I finished that Oliva and would have put it as full-bodied but then again my cigar palate is still being trained. Your comments about it getting smoother and creamier with age seem spot on - meaning that I thought it could have been smoother.

Looking forward to the My Father Connecticut.

Plato

posted Hide Post
A good medium bodied stick to try is the Fuente Cuban Corona, Between the Lines, Curly Head, most Fuente's I have found to be medium bodied but those stand out in my memory. If you can catch a good deal on Montecristo, the White Series is another good one. Liga Privada too. If you want to start getting into full body cigars, be sure you eat first before you smoke them. I tend to enjoy the full bodied ones and most of the sticks I have shown or wrote about are stronger. As far as mild sticks go, Ashton Magnum, Man O War Virtue and most Connecticut fall into this category for me. Don't get me wrong, any cigar smoked too fast or on an empty stomach can turn one "green" in a hurry.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Furlough enjoy the smokes

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
First cigar at the backyard fire pit tonight. Perfect night, mid 50's nice little crescent moon. Had a little Buffalo Trace to go with it.

Gotta figure out what stick it was, band doesn't say. Got it the other day with some other sticks the shop owner suggested. it was pretty decent. first of his picks, not so much.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
So work has been a bit crazy lately and when I've had a chance to smoke, I've been doing something else and couldn't really post.. Here's what I've smoked over the last couple of weeks.

My first Norteno. It was great!

Always a good smoke.

I love the Nica Rustica. This was the first I'd tried of this size.

This was my first Cuatro Cinco. I'll be adding it to my humidor.

I've never had the Smoking Monks before, so I don't know how the Perdomo compares. This was quite good with black dark roast coffee.

My first Protocol. It was very good. I got it in a trade, and hadn't heard of it before I got it.

Padron 3000. I've only ever had one or two Padrons. They were all anniversary series. This was quite good, and I'll be adding it to my rotation.

I also got this in a trade. It was good, but I don't know what it was.

The Immortal is always a solid smoke.

This was my first Steel Horse. Wow! What a fantastic cigar. As good as any of the other Flatheads I've had before. I'll be adding them to the humidor without a doubt.

My first Viaje. I don't know how the rest compare to the Throw Down, but this was very good.

JdN Antano 1970. Very good burn, but it left me wishing for a bit more.. I'm not sure what the issue was, but this was the first of the belicosso size I'd had.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Viaje fan. When summer is just about over start looking for the Zombie releases. The maduro (red label) and the antidote are great smokes. I dont like the criollo too much(green label) nicaraguan criollo has an ashy/earthy taste i dont like. Most of their seasonal releases are great too, like the stuffed turkey (dark meat and light meat) and they have a christmas release (forget the name) thats excellent too.

ETA: the christmas smoke is called holiday blend, theres a summer smoke called fireworks and the other zombie smoke thats really good is called 10 gauge super shot, they are 3 and a 1/2 X54 ring and come in a box that looks like a shotgun shell box.

posted Hide Post
Goat, you have been enjoying some great sticks!