SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
This is my first one. Definitely not my last!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This evenings selection.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Lately

I've had a Tat J21, Espinosa Laranja, and a LP T52. T52 was meh+ the others were very enjoyable.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So this found its way into my Locker -

Tatuaja K222 Reserva

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Brie storm passed and now it's sunny and cool out on the porch. Got a Flagstaff IPA and Man o War Virtue in hand.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

For this evenings selection I chose this Armada. I wasn't happy with the smaller vitola but this one is nailing it!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin very nice. Enjoy those!

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
First one right now - milder than I had expected. We'll see.

Also picked up box of Monster Skinny Monsters. Not sure where to start!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
It's based on a J21 and Conjonu. Nethier of those blends are more than med+ but they have great flavor.

They will be great with a little age.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Bad news gents...

FDA regulates cigars

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I was just sitting here thinking that I don't have enough government in my life.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This is really bad. The guys at my B&M are in mild to moderate panic mode right now.

The full document

https://s3.amazonaws.com/publi...r.gov/2016-10685.pdf

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
This is going to push the little guys out of business for sure. Sad day.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I dont understand the language of it. Can someone interpret it?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
I dont understand the language of it. Can someone interpret it?

This should help-

http://www.cigaraficionado.com...cigar-industry-18788

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Basically if I am reading this right the biggest issue is every new blend/line will have to register each one and the fees could be several thousand to million each right? Uncle Sam is saying F you pay me.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
So we will end up with black market distributors like how cubans are obtained.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have to go back and read, but I thought I had read this this applies to only the B&M stores. Online is excluded...can that be right?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I think this is going to come down hard on vaping, and flavored cigars.

From the halfwheel synopsis online is going to be less affected. Also it seems like new blends and new product lines are going to be harder to bring to market. This last part is bad news for some cigar suppliers those that put out a lot of limited edition stuff.

I'm not to worried about it.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yes to the drew estate flavored cigars. Back when it was sold to Swisher sweets it was suggested that they anticipated that regulation on flavored cigars was coming and Swisher was going to be better equipped to navigate the new regulations.

I wouldn't worry to much about B&M they will adapt. I could see them no longer carrying flavored cigars or carrying vappong supplies. Any new regulations have to be written and as long as they don't tax the shit out of them like Canada and put crazy tariff s on imports we will survive.

Chi Chi, get the yayo