SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I smoked one of the Black labels tonight,

A Cameroon Maduro...

Holy crap, what a good smoke.

Lots of leather and smoke. And smooth! One light, and it burned nice all the way.

Not complex at ALL, but damn, not a bad smoke.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
File this under..."Shut up and take my money!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Thats a nice humidor. A couple things come to mind though. First, what happens when the motor goes out or the actuator breaks? Second, i kind of like to display my humidors, since they put such nice finishes and stuff on them.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
That squeak opening it would drive me crazy.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
OK guys, update on the Bobalu stuff.

They have two stores - one down near 6th street and one up north that is the "factory store".

I roll into the factory store today and damn...there are actual people rolling actual cigars.

The building is large, but most of it is dedicated to the making of cigars. They have a smoking area on the right, a humidor on the left and the rest is no kidding factory. As in, hand-rolling everything.

Stacks of leaves everywhere, and on tables there are Cuban women rolling cigars. They say they are Cuban, but hey, I watched that Seinfeld episode! Anyway, I watched a few sticks get rolled from different "desks".

The guy at the counter (don't think he was the owner) came into the humidor with me to explain what they did and what they offered.

Very friendly and knowledgeable guy. They have cigars that run the gamut - super mild to kick you in the face.

I told him what I wanted (I have a party coming up and wanted something for new smokers) and he pointed me to some Connecticut Shades. Nice.

I wanted some more for people that liked cigars and I got a couple of Cameroon Maduros and a double Maduro. They had a buy 5 get one free, so I ended up with 6 sticks.

Total cost was $40 for these.

I enjoy trips to their 6th street store. I like their triple Ligero stick. Normally see a few APD in there smoking.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of them. Let us know how they are.

I'm smoking a Montecristo churchill this evening.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So THIS happened at the B&M today -

I now own the rarest Crux cigar known to man! Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoke it or age it?

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I like the drew estates sign in the reflection.

I would smoke it, I don't like having one offs. You never know how they smoke now, or if you age it etc.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Smoke it!

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Burn that sucker! You never know when your ticket gets punched so don't miss out.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah!

I smoked it last night!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
How was it?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I love Crux, and the PB5 is one of their limited sticks. This particular cigar will always be in my Top 10.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
You know...ever since seeing this thread, it's cost me a pretty good bit of money. I LOVE IT!!!! Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Hey Jay I saw this and figured you might want to know about it.

http://www.newhavanacigars.com...ab-bag-sampler-8.htm

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Dam! Sold out, but thanks anyways.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Jay,
My Brick and Mortar carries Viaje . Their website is not always up to date, but if you let me know what you are seeking I will check there tomorrow and see if they are available (and pricing)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys dry-box? I was talking to Yarchin about an issue I was having with some Cubans having too tight of a draw. Doing some research and I found this post on another forum I frequent.

Any successes/failures?

Dry Boxing your Cigars

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I have with cubans. The smaller vitolas seem to have draw issues, I'll put three in a leather (cedar lined) cigar case on wednesday, and they will smoke great on the weekends.