SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Davidoff Primeros (natural)

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Padron's and Melanio's never miss for me. I recently picked up a 10pk of Joya de Nicaragua Dos Cientos. I had one a month ago and it was pretty damn good.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the $15 special from BestCigarPrices.com coming next week. Should be interesting. Smile

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by furlough:
And nice Cohiba TMats! How was it?

It was a treat, and I smoked it down to the nub, but truth be told, I’ve had many Dominican cigars (and a Nicaraguan or two) that I thought were just as good.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Smoking a Kristoff Corojo Limitada tonight.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a day of busting my ass around here, I'm smoking a Ramon Bueso Olancho 2005

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A friend and I were conversing and the subject of cigars came up. I traded the bulk of my stash within a year of going cold turkey after a heart attack in '06. But I admitted to having smoked 3 cigars since, the most enjoyable was a very well and long aged Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story. When asked what I unloaded in the trade I went back and looked and found this list and pictures. Oh my! Big Grin

I did keep one humidor with a selection of my favorites that I have kept properly humidified and stored since along with my Xikar cutter. Smile

Sealed boxes (all receipt dated) were keep in a separate sealed humidified chest:
Don Diego Privada #4 EMS
Bock y Cia Corona (3 boxes)
Bock y Cia sampler (10 smokes)
MonteCristo Habana 2000 Magnum
Arturo Fuente Double Chateau (3 boxes)
Partagas #10 (2 boxes)
JR Principales Oscuro

open box:
Partagas #2 EMS

nice two drawer lockable 100 cigar humidor with dual humidifiers and a dial gauge full with assorted cigars including samples from:
Partagas
MonteCristo
A. Fuentes
Licenciados
Bauza
El Rey Del Mundo
Romeo y Julieta
Flor de Allones
Consuegra
Casa Torenao
LaFinca
DeCabanos
JR

MonteCristo zippered leather humidified 10+ cigar travel case (nice)
3 finger leather slide cases for up to 50 gauge (1 brown, 1 black)
Cigar Saver tube case
Florist green foam and 1/2 pint of propylene glycol for humidification solution

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Smoking a Davidoff Late Hour, an amazing smoke. Perfect burn, wonderful flavor. It's on the upper end of sticks that I will purchase and a real treat. These are every bit as good as an opus X and more readily available. I've 3 more in the humidor and will enjoy celebrating memorable life events with them.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Smoking a CAO Short Perfecto tonight. If you're not aware, this is basically an AF Short Story homage cigar. Same shape and size and Cameroon wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler instead of Dominican. A bit toned down and earthy compared to the spicier Short Story (which is one of my favorite sticks of all time.) I don't smoke as often as I used to and because of that I actually think I might enjoy this CAO more than the AF SS. And a couple bucks cheaper.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Rocky Patel Decade Cameroon with some Jefferson’s Reserve. It’s about perfect temperature tonight here — around 82 degrees.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
At the mountain retreat this weekend; 7100’ up.

Having a Macanudo Inspirado Orange with a Guinness Nitro Cold Brew. I hope you all have a safe and secure Memorial Day weekend.

Remembering all those who paid for our freedom and their families left behind.

SigFan

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I've been really into these lately. La Faraona in Ybor City, FL. All rolled by hand on site at their shop where you can watch them roll. Owner of the shop is a Cuban lady, really friendly and frequently at the shop smoking a cigar.

I've also been introduced to the v cut and much prefer the draw compared to a straight cut.

I'm thinking an electric humidor is in my future.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My favorites for years have been Oliva Series V and Melanio Maduro. I recently saw Oliva had a 135th Anniversary cigar and I couldn't resist, now to wait a while for them to age a bit. I got bundles of Maduros, too, that were rejected for box pressing, Robusto and Toro, sure look like Melanios!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
A buddy sent me his cigars because he gave them up. Many of them are pretty dry, but in cello and probably salvageable if I put them away for a while. The 3 tubed Cubans are actually in pretty good shape. The frayed and tattered Cohiba breaks my f’ing heart, breaks my heart, boys.

Untitled by John Thomas, on Flickr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Might be worth buying a $10 corn cob pipe to smoke that Cohiba. A box of those is now $1600 If you could find them.

Bleak times for Cuban cigar smokers.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
It’s a little over 100 degrees, but I’m enjoying an Avo Heritage with a cold Guinness.

Hope y’all are well and happy. Have a great weekend!

SigFan

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Had a great cigar over the weekend that was part of a super premium 5 pack sampler, a Partagas Legend Leyendo toro. I just ordered 5 more so I could share with my brother. Outstanding cigar

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had that blend, but have smoked a few Partagas before. I'll have to look around for it.

I have been smoking a lot and not posting about them. I know, shame on me. However a few that really stand out that I have smoked a fair share of are as follows in no particular order.

1 Espinosa Comfortably Numb volume 3
2 Espinosa Knuckle Sandwich Maduro
3 Romeo Y Julieta Eternal
4 Plasencia Alma del Fuego red
5 Bella's Artes by A. J. Fernandez
6 Perdomo 10th anniversary maduro
7 Southern Draw Manzanita

All of these are relatively inexpensive with the exception of the Plasencia and the Southern Draw, and each have their own uniqueness to them.

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s been several years now because I didn’t want the temptation of going back to cigarettes, but Ashton maduro was my go to.

Posts: 904 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I was up in New Jersey visiting a lifelong friend this weekend.

Her sister had a huge party - DJ, wood-fired pizza and a guy rolling cigars. Nicaraguan tobacco and really well made. A great smoke for the price!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post