SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Also tried some Cohiba black labels, didn't like them. Had a lighter wrapper Cohiba and didn't like that, either.

I'm finding that I don't like the Connecticut wrappers. They taste harsh to me, I'm a fan of the maduro and habano wrappers.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of Fuente Sharks today; typically come out towards the end of the year so I keep a reoccurring appointment to remind myself to ask my B&M about them.

I’ve got a few sticks for sale in classifieds, will be adding some accessories soon.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, are you looking for the Heaven and Earth rare black? I thought they were maduro but doesn't say it on the box. They are dark though.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ie6Dtij7Vr31McwQA

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Petr…

Actually what I am looking for are these, in the Salomon shape and the purple ribbon.

https://www.fuenteagedselection.com/bbmf

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't think the ones I posted were the ones you were after, but I didn't remember exactly what you were looking for. I'll keep my eyes open though.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
At a company Christmas party, I was given a Gurhka Abuelo, in a glass tube, with a red wax seal much like Maker's Mark. Is this a stick worth regifting? I don't smoke.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
At a company Christmas party, I was given a Gurhka Abuelo, in a glass tube, with a red wax seal much like Maker's Mark. Is this a stick worth regifting? I don't smoke.

Regift to someone who is a casual smoker. With a few rare exceptions, Gurkha does not have a reputation as being an enjoyable smoke.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Any of you guys familiar with this humidor? Local B&M has it, considering the purchase but don’t want to get it if it not quality.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I do not. However, I don't think it would be a Prometheus like Fuente uses either

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I do not. However, I don't think it would be a Prometheus like Fuente uses either

Yeah it’s not. I’m going to pass on this one. I came into a little bit of “FU“ money and I’m looking to get a new humidor… The owner of the brick and mortar I go to also has this that he’s willing to give me for a pretty amazing price. I am seriously considering this…

The cigars, are obviously not included!

2007 LIMITED EDITION PROMETHEUS 15TH ANNIVERSARY - MACASSAR EBONY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
I would definitely opt for the Prometheus! It will hold its value or may even increase over time.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would definitely opt for the Prometheus! It will hold its value or may even increase over time.

Pulled the trigger! Going to let it season for a couple of weeks with ‘84’ humidipacs and then will post a pic with it filled up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the pictures. Just be careful with that much humidity at one shot, it may damage/warp the wood or over humidify the interior.

https://www.prometheuskkp.com/...-humidor-maintenance

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking forward to the pictures. Just be careful with that much humidity at one shot, it may damage/warp the wood or over humidify the interior.

https://www.prometheuskkp.com/...-humidor-maintenance

Thank you for that! I’m pretty sure I’m OK, these packs made by Bovada are designed to slow release the humidity into the humidor and not overwhelm. That is why they recommend leaving them in there for about two weeks.

I’ll definitely keep an eye on it though, don’t want anything to happen to my new investment!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Ronin,

My cigar smoking friend has a method: when he gets new cigars, he always stores them in his coolidor for 2 weeks before smoking them. I was in Ybor City, FL last month and brought him back some sticks from a couple of small shops and a couple of sticks from a small shop in Houston, TX. He set them in the coolidor for 2 weeks and said it was torture to not be able to smoke them and have to wait for so long.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year fellas!

Had a trip in December with a long layover in Maastricht, Netherlands. I have a cigar shop I go to every time I am there and I snagged some good stuff this time around!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
The Melanios are one of my favorite, cuban or not. Always keep a box or two. I literally just ordered a box of the Nubs Oliva Melanios from JR to try out along with some toros last week on sale.

I had hope for the Alma Fuertes but they didn't really do it for me.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I am a huge Melanio fan as well. I talked with the guy in the cigar shop for 20 minutes (it must have been a slow day and he was bored) and he suggested the Alma Fuertes so I grabbed a couple. Have not tried them yet - still burning through my backlog of other sticks.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
The shop guy told me that the Netherlands is trying to discourage cigsr smoking so starting tomorrow (Jan 1st) all boxes of cigars will be either orange or yellow like packs of cigs. The store owners know that no one will want to buy something so ugly so their workaround is the plastic “box” of Melanios that I got. He said he wonders how long they can get away with it before some government busybody steps in and says No More.

Plato

Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Enjoying this nice Serie V at Nicky Blaine's in downtown Indy this evening.

Plato