SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a stick on my back deck after my son smoked some chicken thighs on the Traeger served with smoked potatoes, corn on the cob, green salad, strawberries, and golden kiwi fruit.

Sitting on a "high chair" my son got me as I'm having increasing difficulty getting up from normal height seating in my old age. My cane is my protection here. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16507 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Good photo!

In the genre of “cheap little cigars”, I enjoy the “Black and Mild” brand. Specifically, the “Original” variety with white plastic no-crumbs tips. They’re described by the maker, John Middleton, as “pipe tobacco” cigars. I smoked a ton of Middleton’s Cherry Blend pipe tobacco when I was a college student on a tight budget. Back then it was 49¢ for a pouch good for two or three days.

Quite tasty, these little cigars provide a short 15-minute smoke. They burn slowly, but reliably, with an easy draw. I smoke one a day, with coffee, for my mid-afternoon break from computer programming tasks.

About $1.50 each plus sales tax at local stores.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9429 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Bump

Anyone having any good cigars this holiday. Had a Diplomatico #2 few days ago when temps reached 60. Too cold last few days.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey Gator,

Good to hear from you, this thread used to be pretty active; now not so much.

I’ve got a UF-13 hookup at my local B&M so that’s pretty much my go-to. Hope all is well with everyone!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12398 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks for bumping this!

I smoked one of my precious Liga Privada #9s the other night.

Great stick!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1783 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been revolving around Plasencia 149, Espinosa Knuckle Sandwich maduro, Bellas Artes, Southern Draw Manzanita, and a few others. Every now and then I'll snag something different, but the previously listed sticks are cheaper, easily available, and in my wheel house for flavor and strength.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Enjoying another great The Tabernacle tonight. This one is the Cuban Seed variety, a milder smoke than my favorite campfire choice of the Crown leaf version (which if you like strong cigars is a must try).

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
If you have Instagram, I post a lot of the good ones I enjoy here:

Screen Porch Cigars

I have some sticks from Hooten & Young that I've been looking forward to trying. May test drive one of those today.

Posts: 697 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Was down in the big city yesterday and picked up a handful of my favorite Hemingways. It's been a little chilly to be sitting outside for an hour smoking, but I did enjoy one when I got home. Perhaps I'll start a little campfire later today and spark up another.

Posts: 20546 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Background to this celebratory cigar.

Fall of 2020 to winter of 2022, I was sick (nothing fatal is treated properly).

Jan 2023 start treatment (so far it’s been successful)

Feb 2023 sleep more than 4 hrs for first time in years.

Mar 2023. Weight loss stops. (Lost 50 lbs)

May 2023 I start working out.

12/31/2023. I ran a 10K

Celebrating with a Cuban Trinidad Coloniales circa 2005. Just awesome cigar great way to celebrate.

Taking the wife to dinner later.

Over all down. 70 lbs. All my bloodwork is great. No meds for BP, Cholesterol, ED, etc….

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Well done sir!

Congrats and enjoy the well-earned stogie!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1783 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year, all.

Sounds like great year, GA Gator, best to you.

I enjoyed a 2012 Ramon Allones Specially Selected for NYE last night.

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, smoked an El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme, aged for approx. 12 years. Last night was the first time in several years I had one, I only have 3 left Frown.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Davidoff Late Hour, Winston Churchill.

Posts: 2835 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year you guys.

I discovered Aganorsa cigars in the last year. It’s been unseasonably mild up here, and I enjoyed an Aniversario Maduro Gran Robusto a couple days ago.

I also enjoy Plasencia 149s as petr mentioned above.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Was down in the big city yesterday and picked up a handful of my favorite Hemingways. It's been a little chilly to be sitting outside for an hour smoking, but I did enjoy one when I got home. Perhaps I'll start a little campfire later today and spark up another.

Re: “It's been a little chilly to be sitting outside for an hour smoking“

You might consider the little “Black and Mild” pipe tobacco cigars that I described in my Nov 14 post. They’re pretty tasty in their own way, and, being a 15 minute smoke, you wouldn’t freeze your fingers off. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9429 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
No doubt this has already been discussed here, but I don't wanna scroll through 360+ pages.

Who do you like as an online cigar merchant?

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15527 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
No doubt this has already been discussed here, but I don't wanna scroll through 360+ pages.

I have purchased from Cigars International.

Posts: 13286 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://mikescigars.com/

Posts: 24203 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.jrcigars.com/

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post