SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Inspired by Ronin's picture. With a sam adams fat jack.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

This evenings selection a Tatuaje Reserva broadleaf.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
I just got a humidor as a gift. I'm looking for a suggestion for a box of cigars to fill it. Price range $100-$120. I like oily, fairly heavy cigars - any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Don't buy a box, buy in three and five packs. You will have a variety to choose from.

Also a few tips

Season the humidor, boveda makes a pack for this, or search the web for other methods.

What size is the humidor? A 50 count box will run best about 2/3 full so depending on ring gauge anywhere from 25-35 cigars. To start with I suggest no less than 10, then buy more than you smoke regularly and you will have it full in no time.

I was coming in here to post that Emerson's has Tatuaje TAA back in stock in both boxes and five packs.

http://www.emersonscigars.com/...aspx?idproduct=12484

Edit Petr I love TaT broadleaf reserve, I am excited they are releasing all vitolas in broadleaf this year.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
fau, I agree with GA Gator. I just got into this recently and it took me 6 months until I was confident enough to buy an entire box of the same cigars. Fill that thing with a variety of sticks and figure out what you like.

Also I have been slacking on the cigar pics, so here we go.

First off, I went to Club Macanudo in NYC. Very nice, and the cigar menu is extensive. Also...pricey. But what can you expect from a place just off Fifth Avenue and Central Park.

I had a Macanudo Estate Reserve II. They say they have the only remaining cigars in this collection. What the hell, why not.

Got home a couple of days ago and decided that the Monte Cristo White had aged enough.

Wow, what a nice cigar. I got at least three different flavor profiles during the burn.

And finally, my Alec Bradley mystery box showed up from JR Cigars. The way they advertise the deal it looks like you will get a mix of cigars. But I got a box of 20 of the same cigars. No problem.

But I can't even find these on their website. A standard Alec Bradley label with an extra 1995 ring.

Anyone know what these are?

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I searched quite a Bit and I cant find any info on those ABs either. You might have to ask JR cigars what they are, If they turn out to be really good you may want to find more.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
That's a good idea. I put a few in the humidor before I left on this trip. I'll try one when I get back and see how they are.

I'll probably call JR anyway just to hear what they say about them.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1784 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Now I'm curious to know what they are, it's not often that we can't identify a stick. They might be pretty old.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
They are likely JR exclusive, might be the same blend might be a different blend either way fire them up and enjoy them.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Nat Cicco Anniversario 1963 Liga No. 4

Stopped at Cigar Merchant in Toledo Friday and picked up a handful of stuff. This is th efirst of them.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a breakfast of bacon and eggs from the cast iron pan, I am now enjoying a cup of Peet's Major Dickasons and a Diesel Hair of the Dog Salomon.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tbh I have a funny feeling that it is a cigar that Alan Rubin quick released to get rid of it due to the FDA legislation. A lot of manufacturers are doing that now, like AJ Fernandez and all of his new blends he just released.

This was the reply I got about the Alec Bradley. I asked "my guy" at the cigar shop. He knows his stuff, but could be wrong about these also. Your best bet would be to contact Alec Bradley or JR Cigars.

posted Hide Post

All aboard the Midnight Express!

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post

Anyone see these yet? Same old ligas with a new band?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
2015 TAA tonight. Definitely worth letting these age a year at a time.

To add - really noticing a difference in the enjoyment of my
cigars after dry boxing them for three days or so.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Update on the Alec Bradley mystery box.

I called JR Cigars and they were surprisingly evasive. I could not get anything out of them.

So I e-mailed Alec Bradley and got this response:

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to contact Alec Bradley Cigars! Over the last few months we have been placing mystery boxes across the country- a little guerilla marketing effort, if you will. The Alec Bradley 1995 is one of these secret projects and JR was one of our partners for this project. With that said, the cigar is a proprietary blend of mostly Nicaraguan & Honduran tobaccos. Due to the secrecy of the project, I am unable to say more than that. I hope you enjoy them, as, for the time being, they won’t be easy to find. Again, thank you for your inquiry and Live True!

Best,

Jonathan Ross Lipson
Director of Sales and Marketing
Alec Bradley Cigar Co.

So there you have it. I think I'll smoke one soon and let the rest age for a while.

Plato

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Nice score! I'm puffing a Black Ops maduro at the moment. Nothing outstanding but for a $2 smoke it's really good.

Posts: 13829 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Kind of quiet fellas.

What is everyone smoking this weekend?

Plato

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
It's a Davidoff themed weekend for me!

Tonight it is the Escuro, tomorrow while watching football I will be enjoying a "Year of the Monkey".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12404 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
You know what, that sounds like a good idea! I have a few Churchills sitting around doing nothing, so tonight is a good one for that. Tomorrow might be a Double R.

Plato