SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Diesel uncut torpedo tonight. Eh. I wouldn't run out of my way for another when A.J. has so many other great choices.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
Don't for get to post an "in" if you'd like to be entered into the karma I'm drawing Friday..

In please if I'm not too late.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Ok guys.. I know I said I'd draw the karma yesterday, but things got a little hectic. I've got 4 names in the pot (I counted Appliance Brad's 11:23pm post) so the chances are really pretty good. The names were numbered in the order you guys entered (1-4). My wife chose number 3, so I'm sending Mkueffer some sticks. MKueffer, email me your address and I'll get these out to you. Thanks guys for playing.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance, Goat

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Goat,

Glad you enjoyed the stick!

quote:
Smoked a gar From Ronin today while mowing the lawn. I've had the Saison before, but this one was better.. I think it was the torpedo size that made the difference.. I've only had the robusto before. Notes of toast, nuts, and a greasy note towards the end. Thanks Ronin!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Goat,

quote:
Smoked a gar From Ronin today while mowing the lawn. I've had the Saison before, but this one was better.. I think it was the torpedo size that made the difference.. I've only had the robusto before. Notes of toast, nuts, and a greasy note towards the end. Thanks Ronin!

I didn't catch it till your quote... It was a grassy note, not a greasy note.. It was a good stick.

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LOL...Thanks for the correction. I read that and was thinking, "did I miss a bacon note in that stick?!?" Eek

quote:
quote:
Goat,

quote:

I didn't catch it till your quote... It was a grassy note, not a greasy note.. It was a good stick.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Okay folks, shit hits the fan, what is in your cigar “go bag?”

Maxperdition Bag
Knob Creek and collapsible stainless cup
Cedar lined 3 stick cigar case
Quality beverage opener
100% Deet
Tri-flamed torch for lighting
Single flamed torch for touch ups
Punch
Xikar cutter
Flashlight
Extra butane
Glass cased stick…just in case!
Extra Matches
Ash Tray
Fixed Blade Knife

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Winning!!!! Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin you have your star wars toys from when you were a kid in their original packaging don't you.

After all day at the baseball fields I got to get a meal and watch some college football.

Having a TATUAJE TAA 2014 cigar is smoldering like a 2x4.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Liga Privada T52, Bells Third Coast Old Ale(2014 vintage) and watching the stream from Burning Man.

Posts: 11285 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Smoked the Ruination that Petr gave me in the pot o' gars while mowing the lawn and raking some gravel out of the ditch. Boy are these tasty!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

posted Hide Post
Those age very well and the flavors keep getting better. That one had 10 months of age on it from when I got it, I do not know when it was originally boxed though. Glad you enjoyed it!

SHTF, I only have a 5 count vault so the shit better not last too long!!! Cutter, lighter and matches, butane, my Benchmade is on me all the time, flash light and water. As for the sticks, what ever I grab. Won't be too choosy but my junk sticks are down below so I will not have them. Most likely Man O Wars, Diesels, maybe a Tatuaje and a Blend Lab. The good stuff is down below too. I wouldn't want to smoke them at this time anyhow.

Unless the SHTF consists of a last minute notice of going to Vegas for the weekend, then this is all null and void and nothing but the best with no knife so the commies at the airport can't take it!

posted Hide Post
I couldn't wait any longer!

posted Hide Post
Woody, nutty, slight pepper and a touch of cocoa. Medium bodied on a fairly hungry belly. About halfway through it.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I was going to ask if it was any good or just a gimmick. I think they should have made a real finger trap.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4795 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just texting my brother about this. At $11 it is a toss up. I think some age would help out a little but it may lose some of the pepper. The further it burns, the more pepper is present. It is not a bad stick, not a great stick, but is good. Though I tend to compare a lot of sticks to the La Gloria Cubana Serie N at $6 each is a winner everytime. $10 and above and things get dicey as far as value. The Man O War Ruination at $10 is worth every penny and the CAO Flathead sparkplug or camshaft is an even better value in the $5-$8 range. Would I recommend this stick? Sure! It kind of reminds me of a Tat or Pepin stick, but it takes a bit to get to that point.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Help me pair this? Any thoughts before I light up? It just does not seem to be an IPA type of stick...

"The Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary Torpedo is dark and box-pressed, with superb construction. Its lush draw is laden with coffee bean, cocoa and earthy flavors that grow in power as the cigar is puffed."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Help me pair this? Any thoughts before I light up? It just does not seem to be an IPA type of stick...

"The Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary Torpedo is dark and box-pressed, with superb construction. Its lush draw is laden with coffee bean, cocoa and earthy flavors that grow in power as the cigar is puffed."

Ronin, do you have any porters? I'm guessing the rich flavor (without the overpowering flavors of a stout) would work well.. I also enjoy brown ales with my maddy cigars. Let us know how it is (I've got a couple in my humidor).

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
All I've got in the fridge right now are IPA's, they just don't play well with sticks, and it's too early for bourbon. (insert joke somewhere)

French pressed a Guatamalin coffee - firing up now, will let you know soon!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ