SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
Okay, so I thought about this the other day after seeing 'something'.

What would you consider the ugliest car (or truck) ever made. Does it look like a Dust Buster? Fish bowl? Tennis shoe? Does it have a horse collar on the front or did they forget to put a trunk on the back? Who would buy an angry mole-rat sitting in a canoe?

Thought we could have some fun with this one as long as nobody checks the pictures just before dinner time. Wink

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
AMC Pacer!

Posts: 13683 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Aztek.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5488 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Aztek.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Aztec

0:01

Posts: 4217 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ford Edsel. Grill looked like a toilet seat.

Picture is worth a thousand words:

Posts: 17284 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be a follower or conformist here, but I gotta say Aztek too.

Posts: 1830 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Pontiac Aztek is pretty awful, but my vote has to go to the Fiat Multipla. It's like the hideous lovechild of a 1990s minivan and a Fiat 500.

Posts: 32563 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
..did they forget to put a trunk on the back?

I've always theorized that the designers made one of those clay models. Then on the night that the final design was settled on and set to go to the next phase of production, a janitor knocked it off the table and onto the floor, then picked it up and put it back without telling anyone.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
AMC Pacer!

Satch Carlson said it was an awful car but a great terrarium.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1089 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Mitsubishi put out some minivans back in the early 90’s that were ugly as all get out.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The VW Thing.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13411 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Here’s a contender...

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10499 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Aztek.
^^^Yep. Proof that the design team at GM was indeed doing lines of cocaine on their desks when designing this thing. Of course the AMC Gremlin and Pacer give the Aztec a run for its money.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The VW Thing.

Awe come on, I love that 'Thing'. Road to high school a whole bunch in one just like it. And the bikini top made those rainy Florida days quite entertaining. However, the (working) beer tap hood ornament made it a classic. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Edsel has stood the test of time in the ugly department.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
^ Yeah, things like that and the Reliant Robin aren't going to win any beauty contests. But there's the eye of the beholder and retrospect. The 1958 Chevy was ugly compared to the '55,'56 and 57, but looking back, they're beautiful compared to all the potato on wheels on the road today.

Posts: 21124 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Citroen Mehari

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2095 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
The Yugo.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2579 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
AMC Gremlin deserves to be on the list.

Posts: 3473 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post