SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I kinda dig the Thing myself, but I'll cheerfully throw in the 1988 Nissan Pulsar of unlamented memory.

http://www.oldparkedcars.com/2...issan-pulsar-nx.html

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
AMC Gremlin deserves to be on the list.

No doubt.

Q

Posts: 26540 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Isetta

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16263 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Reliant Robin

Should be called the Rolling Robin.

Q

Posts: 26540 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Kind of surprised the Pontiac AssWrek hasn’t had a mention yet.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I don’t care about batteries, technology, how advanced, etc. this thing looks like a bag of smashed assholes.

The Tesla Truck:

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AzTek and Gremlin get my vote. I thought the Yugo was not only ugly, but a monumental POS as well.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16141 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Aztek.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did y'all forget the AMC Matador? Just wondering.

Posts: 17157 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nissan Juke

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Subaru Brat

Posts: 7425 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
The Yugo.

Seems to me the Yugo looked a bit like the VW Rabbit. Yugo's bigger problem was that half of the first batch that hit the US couldn't get their engines started. The mechanical performance and reliability was terrible.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first answer was the same as the first post, the AMC Pacer. But as usual, the much worldlier SigForum has topped me by a mile.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The most amazing part of the Robin video above is that somebody managed to put 33,000km on it. How on earth did those vehicles ever get off the drawing board? You'd need to line the backseat with your fat friends just to safely drive it.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Did y'all forget the AMC Matador? Just wondering.

Nah... it was like the Ford Maverick, they weren't ugly, just unsure what they were supposed to be. "Lets take a muscle car , a touch of sports car accents, throw in some other stuff then shrink it down closer to compact size..."

Y'all be hatin' on AMC! They were some beautiful 70's cars. (and by beautiful I mean odd and like nothing else)

Posts: 21127 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The Pontiac Aztek is pretty awful, but my vote has to go to the Fiat Multipla. It's like the hideous lovechild of a 1990s minivan and a Fiat 500.

Agree. The Aztec is bad, but the Multipla is on a whole different level.

The first time I saw one, I thought: "someone actually made a Powell Motors Homer."

Of course, if you are going to drive a Multipla, you might as well do this with it:

https://youtu.be/1ZLXUDac7Xg?t=138

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
1950 Hudson.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5059 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nissan Murano Cabriolet

Tech & modern convenience aside, I'd almost rather have an Aztec instead.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15405 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Of course, if you are going to drive a Multipla, you might as well do this with it:

https://youtu.be/1ZLXUDac7Xg?t=138
At least one passenger required. Big Grin

Posts: 107774 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
There's some really ugly stuff in this thread, but as far as cars one actually tends to see on the road, I always notice the Nissan Cube for how damn ugly it looks. To me, it's like a pug humped a Mini Cooper and this is what happened:

Or maybe this character from Family Guy, but cross-eyed:

Posts: 17236 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post