SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to... Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
If an Aztec and a Matador collided in an accident, they'd be less ugly. A proper tie. Razz

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2026 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rucker:
Citroen 2 CV - or Deux Chevaux as it is called in France.

Always thought this was the ugliest ever.

Ah yes, the French: Fast trains, great wine, good food, beautiful Women and damn ugly cars.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was reported that the Aztek was the safest car ever to crash into a lake or river, because the fish would throw it back.

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Maybe not the ugliest, but my 1980 Chevy Citation probably gets an honorable mention.

Those were such POS cars. I have one brother that always makes auto buying bad decisions, and he had one. I rode in it and the suspension was horrible. Felt like the front and back of the car were fighting each other. I can remember seeing the sporty Citation X-11 on the showroom floor.

A few of my dumb car buying brother's greatest hits: 4 cylinder Plymouth Voyager van, leased a Mitsubishi turbocharged compact semi sporty car, and a Saturn. He takes me on a ride the day he got the Saturn and I told him the truth: return it and buy a Honda Accord. He didn't listen.

I was eating in the company lunchroom when a coworker was beaming about their new Azteck you could see out the window. I kept my mouth shut and stifled my giggles.

Posts: 7492 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighthouse Keeper
posted Hide Post
My vote is for the 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, or the equally ugly 1970 Plymouth Superbird. Yuck.

I can’t believe I’m doing this, but in hindsight the Aztek isn’t [cough!] that bad. Look at all the junk it seems to have either inspired, or at least pre-dated into production. There are a lot of very Aztekesque (yuck again) cars on the road these days.

Posts: 840 | Location: America's High-Five | Registered: December 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post

Here’s another shot of this beauty.

My dad had an AMC Pacer back in the day. It was blue, and I remember it broke down on us once. The other thing I remember is the doors weren’t of equal length, and I don’t remember why that was.

Retired Texas Lawman

Posts: 1184 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I thought you all might need to take a break, clear your palates --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8371 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Maybe not the ugliest, but my 1980 Chevy Citation probably gets an honorable mention.

wife had a 1980 Buick Skylark when we met, (built on the same chassis) that was uglier than the citation

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10440 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:

Here’s another shot of this beauty.

My dad had an AMC Pacer back in the day. It was blue, and I remember it broke down on us once. The other thing I remember is the doors weren’t of equal length, and I don’t remember why that was.

it looks like a giant pimped out maverick

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10440 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renault Le Car. Butt ugly and an absolute POS.

Posts: 418 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The VW Thing.

A remake of the WWII Volkswagen Kübelwagen. Germany's answer to our Jeep?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The Vega wasn't great, but not awful for the time. On the other hand, the Vega Station Wagon was so ugly even Robert Redford couldn't have gotten a date in one.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think I found another winner. Of what I am not sure...

Posts: 9180 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Aztek all day long...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoC:
The SsangYong Rodius 2005MY is also a candidate...

A chinese Aztec?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Nissan Juke, though I admit I had one for nearly 2 weeks as a rental and it was a fun car to drive. I also fit in it at 6'5"!

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3478 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SsangYong is not Chinese, but South Korean...

Posts: 48 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The mid-1970s were a low point in car styling thanks to the government-required energy-absorbing bumpers, but Ford could still have done better than this. 1976 Elite

Posts: 28029 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The mid-1970s were a low point in car styling thanks to the government-required energy-absorbing bumpers <snip>

I think things went to shit in 1958 across all the major brands and didn't recover until at least 1962 (GM) to about 1964 (Ford, Chrysler) 1958 in particular produced the ugliest domestic vehicles in automotive history, especially after the halcyon years of '55 to '57.

I do agree that the 70's and early 80's were not a fun time for cars in the US. Between mileage, smog and safety regs, it was about as soulless as a mayonnaise sammich on white bread.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge Jeep guy, but I simply cannot fathom the thought process behind this.
The 1963 Jeep Surrey.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post