SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to... Login/Join 
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Well, there is this 56 Nash Rambler.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5057 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
You guys just can't appreciate the ugliest of all ugly cars-----------The Nash Metropolitan!

https://www.google.com/search?...imgrc=GJN9XjbfsIXilM
The Nash Metropolitan looked like a 55 Chevy on diet pills.

I actually don't mind the Metropolitan
Former coworker saw one at a car show, that had a big block Chevy in it. Whole car torqued over at idle.

Spotted an immaculate one while waiting on my kids after school a couple weeks ago. Convertible, and I didn't have my new phone yet, so no camera to grab a pic.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15398 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Mercedes Ponton gets my vote.

I think the Mercedes G- class are ugly too.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3873 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
Citroen cornered the ugly market back in the '60's...

The DS and follow up the SM had some of the most sophisticated technology from hydraulic suspension to road following headlights, the SM was pretty good looking. Made famous in Burt Reynolds movie

Posts: 2310 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am late to the party but a few pages back, I saw that someone posted the AMC Gremlin.

My dad had one when we were growing up and he loved that car. It was black and yellow.

I was really, really young but I remember going to the drive in that car.

Dad had it fine tuned and that thing got along pretty quickly.

The one thing about the Gremlin it was distinctive looking not like the cars now.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mrapteam666:
I am late to the party but a few pages back, I saw that someone posted the AMC Gremlin.

My dad had one when we were growing up and he loved that car. It was black and yellow.

I was really, really young but I remember going to the drive in that car.

Dad had it fine tuned and that thing got along pretty quickly.

EDIT
I just found a great article from Motor Trend magazine

https://www.motortrend.com/veh...hat-werent-terrible/

Terrible Cars That Weren’t Terrible: The AMC Gremlin

The best part is the price:

the Gremlin's best attribute may have been its price. AMC put the bare-bones two-seat Gremlin on the market for $1,879 (about $12,500 in 2020 dollars), while the four-seat model listed for $1,959 ($12,950). For comparison, a 1970 Volkswagen Beetle listed for $1,839 ($12,150), while the Pinto listed for $1,919 ($12,680) and the Vega started at $2,090 ($13,800).

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Mercedes Ponton gets my vote.

I think the Mercedes G- class are ugly too.

As impractical, over the top,and ruined by 'celebrity' as they are, I love me a G-Wagen
The Ponton, 9ne of the lesser attractive MB sedans, but I'm an admitted MB-fanboi so I'm a wee bit biased.

The R-Class, though. Not a looker at all. Would still have one in AMG guise.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15398 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post