SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And the award for the ugliest car ever made goes to... Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Someone went to the Phillipines, saw all the jeepneys, and thought: "I can do that better".

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Detective Joe Mannix olds

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54880 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I'm a huge Jeep guy, but I simply cannot fathom the thought process behind this.
The 1963 Jeep Surrey.
http://img.favcars.com/willys/...rs_1_1600x1200.jpg[/

That flat fender, low hood, full window Jeep could be a 1951. We had one. I wish I still had it

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6352 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys just can't appreciate the ugliest of all ugly cars-----------The Nash Metropolitan!

https://www.google.com/search?...imgrc=GJN9XjbfsIXilM

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Pontiac Aztek

Posts: 13387 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I'm a huge Jeep guy, but I simply cannot fathom the thought process behind this.

That flat fender, low hood, full window Jeep could be a 1951. We had one. I wish I still had it

Funny stuff. Jeeps are beautiful, but what do I know? I've only been driving and working on them since mid 1977. Big Grin Sometime along the way, a guy asked me what year it was. Funny stuff. My answer was "which part?" Anyone looking at the pile of parts, loosely bolted together, who expects it to all be a single year, is a fool at best.

Jeeps have a reputation for changing constantly. Some have better or more useful parts. So when that model gets a bit older, we find one wrecked and scavenge the better parts and bolt them to our jeep. It doesn't make it a newer model, just makes it work better. Jeeps aren't then newer, just more useful to us.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pontiac Aztec

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Pontiac Aztek. There have been uglier cars, but most were from small manufacturers or were niche products. The Aztek has enough people involved and was from a large enough manufacturer that it shouldn’t have happened...but it did. For me it wins because there are so many people who should have prevented it from being a hot mess, but it still came out hideous.

- Bret

Posts: 2470 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hlb14:
Pontiac Aztec

This in the FUGLY green or yellow color some of them came in.

Posts: 21339 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7290 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 64dodge:
Renault Le Car. Butt ugly and an absolute POS.
Not when compared to their earlier efforts. Smile And it is with great sorrow I admit my parents had one of these when I was young.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
A 1963 IH Travelall.

I bought a used one just after highschool in 1974.

I believe it had a 345 V-8 and a 4 speed with a granny gear.

It was two tone brown.

It had so much slop in the shifter and it road like a boat on the water. Sway and Sway.

Sold it 6 months later. My older brother borrowed it once and took it out on the sand in Huntington Beach, CA.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Saw five of these following each other today:

They were white and reminded me of the Storm Troopers from Star Wars. You can trick-or-treat without a helment. Too bad you'd have to still look at it during the other 51 weeks.

Posts: 9225 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see its a Toyota but which one. Toyota has some uninspired designs on the road.

quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Saw five of these following each other today:

They were white and reminded me of the Storm Troopers from Star Wars. You can trick-or-treat without a helment. Too bad you'd have to still look at it during the other 51 weeks.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoC:
The SsangYong Rodius 2005MY is also a candidate...

It's like the hatch door popped up and they couldn't close it, so they built windows to stick under it.

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one. Either the aztec, Nissan cube or honda element

Posts: 2758 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Renault Le Car. Butt ugly and an absolute POS.

[drift] disagree....I had one, it was a blast to drive & did amazingly well as an econo-box between PDX/Eugene & Boise for the first 50,000 miles.
At that point all the little plastic pieces that could fall off DID fall off & then the real POS issues began to show themselves. The REAL POS was the 'car of the year' 4 door Renault/some US brand 'co-designed' that followed it.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I agree with every vehicle on this list, amazing so many belong to the AMC family.

I'd be remiss if I didn't add the Smart Car. There is nothing smart about that thing.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38053 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
Pontiac has made some doozies over the years. 1973 Grand Am.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8359 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Collins:
You guys just can't appreciate the ugliest of all ugly cars-----------The Nash Metropolitan!

https://www.google.com/search?...imgrc=GJN9XjbfsIXilM

So ugly it's actually kinda cute...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post