SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How are you fixed for ammunition?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How are you fixed for ammunition? Login/Join 
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I am about to join the club of rifle owners. Never really saw the need until my state legislature went off the deep end. A friend gave me 200 rounds, and since I don't shit quarters I'll have to buy a box every payday for the foreseeable future.

Congrats!

Posts: 449 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Need more .338

Posts: 53225 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have a crapton of .22 and a Beretta Neos, I need to buy a .22 rifle

Posts: 5348 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I have a crapton of .22 and a Beretta Neos, I need to buy a .22 rifle

BigSwede, you should get yourself a Ruger 10/22. Tons of different options and accessories for them.

Posts: 449 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
I second this suggestion, reliability and accuracy have been strong points for the Ruger since its inception. Price used to be, as well, maybe not so much these days.

A bunch of years ago they made what they called a "full-size" version, longer barrel and stock. I was going to buy one, but a promised bonus at work wasn't paid, so I passed. You could check and see if this model is still available, since it was definitely more comfortable for an adult to shoot.

I'm still not a fan of .22lr, but of all of them that I'm familiar with, Ruger is the one to get.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9174 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Update: Ammo seems to be cheap again. Locally I'm seeing Blazer Brass cheaper than I've seen it for a couple of years.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10938 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
since I don't shit quarters I'll have to buy a box every payday for the foreseeable future.

I suggest paying for the rifle ammo in cash if possible. No sense leaving a trail of your accumulations.

Posts: 3161 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suggest paying for the rifle ammo in cash if possible. No sense leaving a trail of your accumulations.

Why is that?
I buy it wherever I can find it cheapest, which usually means online.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24171 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For people in certain states, it makes sense to avoid using the CC for such purchases.

But, if you've already made at least one credit purchase verifiable as ammunition, it doesn't really matter, and that's the case with me. They (whoever 'they' may be) already know that I'm loaded for bear. This is especially true, since I'm the one who urges the members of this forum to stock up.

Posts: 107715 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
In CO members case this is the reason:
https://kdvr.com/news/politics...es-credit-cards/amp/

No sense providing the state government with information that they have no business gathering.

Posts: 3161 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
In the last few weeks, I ordered 3k rounds of M193, 1k rounds of 115gr 9mm Magtech steel case range ammo. Went to True Shot locally a few days ago and bought 300rds of 147gr subsonic and 1k rounds of Aguila Super Extra Velocity .22lr.

With the shipping, I could've afforded at least another case of 9mm at True Shot here, which I didn't know was either a thing, or more accurately, the place to buy ammo in bulk. And yes, I used Ammoseek and sorted by overall cost with shipping. Anyways, I've resolved to stop down there once a week and buy at least a couple boxes. It's a twenty minute drive, so that's not bad. Figure I'll pick up some 77gr of whatever they have next in 5.56, at least a couple hundred rounds.

I have two storage tubs filled, and I mean filled with ammo I brought back from New York last year. Stuff my father acquired, or got issued/alotted and then just let sit. Most of it is duty 12ga, .357, and .40 stuff. I need to get some Stack-On containers or whatever other storage stuff figured out and get everything sorted and organized. I have no idea what all I actually have on hand, but at about 5k rounds of assorted 5.56, I feel like I at least have a small stash put together that can last me a while if supply just immediately dries up. I bought a .22 AR conversion kit, so I plan to mostly use that at the range and end the trip with a magazine or so of 5.56 to blow out the crud.

quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Update: Ammo seems to be cheap again. Locally I'm seeing Blazer Brass cheaper than I've seen it for a couple of years.

Yep, time to lay in a good supply. I've watched 9mm ammo go down about ten cents a round in the last six weeks or so. It's cheap enough that I'll feel silly if it gets more expensive again and I don't buy, and if it gets much cheaper, then I still won't feel bad about having it.

Posts: 17198 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post