SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Off-duty FBI agent allegedly shot a man accidentally after gun falls on dance floor in Denver bar
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Off-duty FBI agent allegedly shot a man accidentally after gun falls on dance floor in Denver bar Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted
Video at link. For some reason I cannot get it to post.

https://www.denverpost.com/201...gh-spirits-shooting/

An off-duty FBI agent allegedly accidentally shot a man in the leg early Saturday after the agent’s gun fell from his holster on the dance floor of Mile High Spirits, according to a Denver police news release.

“The victim was transported to the hospital with a good prognosis,” the news release read.

The name of the agent wasn’t released because he hasn’t been charged, said Marika Putnam, a Denver police spokeswoman.

The man who was shot remains in the hospital Saturday afternoon.

“He appears to have non-life threatening injuries,” Putnam said.

Video of the incident obtained by Denver7 shows a man alleged to be the FBI agent dancing while surrounded by onlookers and then executing a backflip. During the flip, the gun appears to fly out of the man’s holster. The man in the video jumps to pick up the firearm and appears to fire the gun in the process. The man puts the gun back away in the back of his pants and holds up his hands as onlookers appear shocked and scared.

“When the agent retrieved his handgun, an unintended discharge occurred,” the release read.

The agent was taken to Denver police headquarters and was released to an FBI supervisor. The incident is being investigated by the Denver police homicide unit. Charges will be determined by the Denver district attorney’s office.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
IF he was off duty, wtf was he doing in a bar, let alone on the dance floor with a gun?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
IF he was off duty, wtf was he doing in a bar, let alone on the dance floor with a gun?

Let alone doing backflips....

Posts: 17170 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
P320? Big Grin

Posts: 2487 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Let alone doing backflips....

Then putting his booger hooker on the trigger.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Two things stand out here....

"...then executing a backflip..." - Because that's just funny and strange. And don't they use retention holsters?

"The man in the video jumps to pick up the firearm and appears to fire the gun in the process" - because it sounds like it wasn't a drop-fire incident. The agent accidentally fired the gun. Apparently they don't teach how to pick up a gun without pulling the trigger at Quantico.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

If one is required to be armed off duty, one should take greater care to avoid venues where mass quantities of alcohol are consumed, not consuming alcohol oneself, and, most importantly, not doing backflips with a holstered gun.

Posts: 27973 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m sure he has a great runtime though.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
So he shoots someone, puts his weapon away, and walks away like "my bad", showing no concern for the person he shot? WTF?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Panic at the disco.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5151 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't have to be psychic to know what happened after the gun hit the floor. He would want to retrieve it as quickly as possible before anyone saw it or it got kicked across the floor. Then, in haste, and human nature and anatomy being what it is, he wrapped all of his fingers around the gun, as one instinctively wants to do with any object.

Posts: 27973 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
WTF?!?!?!

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/ueO1mFzr92Y

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20831 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“Hey everybody, look at me!!

Posts: 26922 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
So he shoots someone, puts his weapon away, and walks away like "my bad", showing no concern for the person he shot? WTF?

Pretty much. He thinks he is on an episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
“When the agent retrieved his handgun, an unintended discharge occurred,” the release read.

Yeah, "an unintended discharge occurred." More like, "The retard negligently pulled the trigger and fired his weapon into a crowd of innocent bystanders."

Remember, kids, "Only the police can be trusted with firearms." Roll Eyes

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21850 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
At least he was professional enough to not shoot himself.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"I'm the only one in the room qualified to handle a .40"

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Dumbass, for a lot of reasons.
Add to the list, carrying an unsecured weapon at the base of his spine while doing backflips, likely while being somewhat intoxicated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9527 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
My friends...this video will go down in FBI history and be played for generations.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Report This Post