SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    East Coast March Blizzard
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

East Coast March Blizzard Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
SONOFABITCH.

I just KNEW we weren't going to get through this nice, relatively warm and snow-free winter unscathed. They are now calling for 12-18 inches of snow Monday night into Tuesday for the Philly region!

Anyone else not ready for this?

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
We're going to get it Tuesday morning, 10"-16" predicted at this time with 40-60 mph winds.

I'm so ready for spring.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's weird as down here in South Florida it's been hot all winter......was 84F today and sunny.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Got my milk and bread. I'm good. Cool Razz

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Near 95+495 in MA. Town a bit north is in Winter Storm Watch. Two cities on the same parallel as us east and west are both in Blizzard Warning.

I'm glad I didn't drain the fuel out of the Ariens!

Stolen from the internets, but is almost the spitting image of my garage:

m

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Is western PA supposed to get any? doesn't look that way from what I can see.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yup, coastal Maine is looking at 12-16 Tuesday into Wednesday.

At the moment it's 0.8 degrees and blowing a gale. I've stuck my snout out the door exactly twice today. Once to let the chickens out and again to shut them up, refill their water and collect the eggs.

Tomorrow ain't looking much better.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
It looks to be mostly coastal, but the models aren't quite lining up yet. Should have a real good picture late tomorrow.

For those in New England, it's following a similar track and pattern as Nemo did in '13.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I've been following the storm. We are either going to get hit hard or only 6". Looks like Tuesday will be the worse if it keeps on track. We had a few inches yesterday.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4014 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not worried, it'll be whatever it will be and once the storm passes roads will be cleared and things will be back to normal. It's March so it's unlikely whatever amount we get will last long.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Best PA forecast of anyone:
www.epawaweather.com

Early prediction:

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing! You guys are having worse weather than the Yoop!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
We hit 92 today.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Well, we have plenty of firewood stacked up and covered. Mrs. did her shopping today so we are in good shape. If it really gets bad I can forego my workouts at the fitness center and do it in the basement. Got one of those all included machines that has been collecting dust for a few years.

Don't know how much we are predicted to get here in N. VA but however much, it is TOO DAMNED MUCH.

Did I say that I hate snow? Grew up in N. Idaho and saw a lot of it. Then spent about 12 years in Germany, and lived through some of the worst snow seasons they had in decades. Nothing like field exercises in January, temps below zero and 2 feet of snow.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Somewhat reminds me of what hit us back in March 1993...we ended up with over 2' here in southeast Tennessee...the drift at my back door was 6'...it freaked the cats out when I opened the door to let them out Eek

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...Storm_of_the_Century

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just don't want it to kill my crocuses. Seems like I only get them three days a year, last few years. They trigger a happy space in my brain that isn't often activated.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
We hit 92 today.

When I walked outside this morning and felt that friggin hurricane force wind we've been having, I swear it was -92 Big Grin Eek Red Face

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Above average temps here in Utah, hopefully the warm weather we are having will be coming to the Philly suburbs soon.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Somewhat reminds me of what hit us back in March 1993...we ended up with over 2' here in southeast Tennessee...the drift at my back door was 6'...it freaked the cats out when I opened the door to let them out Eek

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...Storm_of_the_Century

Yep, that was a wild one. I lived in Pa. at the time. What I remember most was the wind. It was snowing sideways, for a long time.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post