SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America…
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America… Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Great way to start a Monday with a big smile!

Now, let's hope they lose again and don't medal at all!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless women athletes age differently than men I have to question how you are ranked #1 in the world and your soccer team is filled with old athletes. The captain is 36, that’s old by most athletic standards. I think it’s odd as well that your captain is a substitute. She came in at the 60 minute mark last game. What the fuck? I get that leadership doesn’t mean you have to be the best player but for fucks sake shouldn’t you be in the starting lineup?

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

I get that leadership doesn’t mean you have to be the best player but for ****s sake shouldn’t you be in the starting lineup?

I don't know jack about sports, but the best leaders aren't always the best players, and the best players aren't always the best leaders. . .

I think the us soccer team is all about who are the most woke players; not who are the best players. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
To show how utterly absurd this has become, I saw this headline:

Quinn is first openly transgender athlete to secure Olympic medal after Canada's semifinal win over USWNT

So I'm thinking that they have some dude who claims to be a woman on their team.

No, they have a woman who now claims to go by her surname of 'Quinn' and says she is 'non-binary' and wants to be called 'they'. They are calling this person a transgender and celebrating that she is the first openly transgender (not counting the 1980's Russian 'women') to win a medal.

Total absurdity.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I played competitively up to the college level for one year and then I ran out of talent and skill and that was that. Better hit the books. True leaders aren’t always the best athletes but I’ve also never been on any team where the team captain wasn’t one of the better players. It’s hard to motivate the team when you are on the bench. That what coaches are for.

So the team captain is a sub. That seems odd as fuck.

They are hyping the trans angle on Quinn in some lame rationale that it’s ok to be a trans woman competing in the Olympics. They are completely ignoring that nobody cares about a biological woman identifying as a man but playing with other biological women. That’s not the problem. The problem is if Ronaldo decides he’s a woman and takes up competitive woman’s soccer.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
So Congrats to the Canadian woman. They played to there plan today with a sense of unity that the American woman didn't have. It’s strange, that after 20 years of cheering on American woman’s soccer, I found myself pulling for the Canadians today and every team that the U.S. squad has played thus far. Like many Americans, I don’t like being told that I’m rascist, privileged and the reason this country is broke. Well fuck. Better broke than woke!

The truth is when politics enters sports, it ceases to be sport & a becomes nothing more than a circus where clowns wear pretty colors & numbers.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Go for the bronze! AUS Women Soccer team!!!

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Best news I heard this morning! Now I hope the U.S. WS team gets lost coming back to the U.S.
Maybe, just maybe, they should have been spending more time on soccer preparation and less time on activism. Just a guess.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
It's difficult to hear someone complain about equal pay when they lose. Just sayin'

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
It's difficult to hear someone complain about equal pay when they lose. Just sayin'
The equal pay thing has been debunked. They were offered the exact same deal as the men’s team and turned it down for a different deal.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ didn't realize that. THanks

We need that pawn shop meme with the words: "Best I can do is send you home with a Bronze."

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I’m going to dispute the thread title. These team members disgrace themselves.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Now is the time to drop Rapinoe as a spokesman for Subway because I'd like eat their subs again. I haven't stopped in a Subway since that stupid decision.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Since the purple haired woke activist started appearing in the Subway Sandwich commercials, I've switched to Jimmy Johns.

I hope they don't win one medal. First time I've ever NOT rooted for the US Team. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

We need that pawn shop meme with the words: "Best I can do is send you home with a Bronze."
This guy does a pretty good job of explaining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLeAWuRbObQ&t=515s

Basically the men get healthcare from their professional teams in Europe so it wasn't important to them. Women wanted healthcare, time off, family leave and a bunch of other things so they got slightly less pay but all those other things and more.

It's disingenuous to compare just pay and the women know it. If you watch the video they actually make more money also unless the men win a medal then the men will make more.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Since the purple haired woke activist started appearing in the Subway Sandwich commercials, I've switched to Jimmy Johns.

I hope they don't win one medal. First time I've ever NOT rooted for the US Team. Regards 18DAI

There's a few posts like this.

I find it sad that we've gotten to the point where WE, AMERICANS, won't support our Olympic teams representing our Country.

Pathetic that these little twat-shits put their cunty political statements above the sport that they are supposed to be focused on. Hell, they can't even be original. Sorry kids, Tommy Smith and John Carlos pulled that piddley shit back in '68. (Personally, those two should have gotten the shit spanked out of them back then, very publicly and painfully. That would have stopped this bullshit today.)

I also would like to point the finger of culpability at Coaches and Team USA in general. If they would hammer the point of "you're here to play 'X' Sport, shut the fuck up and PLAY. Anything else, and you're gone. The next in line is taking your place. Make your statement on your time, Not America's.

I too, am watching less and less of the Olympics and find myself WANTING our "team" to loose because of faggoty-assed protests, whining, crying, flailing of the arms... Which, in the end, does no good. Case in point- has anything changed since those two made their political statement on the Olympic Platform in 1968?
Yeah, I thought so...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm glad they lost. Leave the politics out of the game.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:

This guy does a pretty good job of explaining it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLeAWuRbObQ&t=515s

Basically the men get healthcare from their professional teams in Europe so it wasn't important to them. Women wanted healthcare, time off, family leave and a bunch of other things so they got slightly less pay but all those other things and more.

It's disingenuous to compare just pay and the women know it. If you watch the video they actually make more money also unless the men win a medal then the men will make more.

It's disingenuous to compare the two. First of all the men bring in more viewers. More viewers = more ad revenue = higher pay.

All these people crying about income inequality between the two teams took 5 minutes of zero thought to assume the high moral position but never took the time to watch the women play and actually help them bring up their viewership. That's the world we live in today. Spend 5 minutes bitching about _______ but won't take the necessary steps to actually remedy the problem or close the gap.

Onto the argument about equality: it should be based on talent. When the women can beat opponents that the men face then they can get the men's pay. USWNT dominates on the world stage because the USA has always placed an emphasis on women's soccer. It's one of the best funded programs and they start grooming girls for soccer at a young age vs. other countries. Soccer isn't the #1 sport in America, not even close so the percentage of our youth that plays competitively pales in comparison when compared to say Brazil or Portugal. Straight up: international youth smokes American males in terms of skill and dedication to becoming an international superstar. The USWNT doesn't face anything like it. Period.

I have a friend whose niece plays golf. She got a scholarship to college because she was a golfer. I've played with her and even shooting from the women's tees she couldn't break 100. Must be nice to get a scholarship for what most guys can do casually golfing while drinking a sixpack or two.

Posts: 790 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The women want more time off? For what? You are calling yourselves a professional athlete and you want to be excused from practice and games? Time off - that's what the off-season is for. And that's why you will never be taken seriously as athletic professionals here in America.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post