SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America…
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America… Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
They got their asses beat again by the Swedish team. I hope they never again get a chance to stand on any podium of victory, ever. again!
 
Posts: 366 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
I have mixed emotions about the loss.

While I hate the kneeling and disrespect they have, I have rooted for the team for a long time.

I never like seeing the USWNT lose.


You guys can flame on me but I coached women’s soccer for 15 years.

When I search my emotions what I find is sadness of what has become the political position of the USWNT…

I won't flame you because I've always rooted for US athletes. At the same time, there are two countries within our borders right now. They don't represent the US one even if that's what's printed on their uniforms.
 
Posts: 7589 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
At the same time, there are two countries within our borders right now. They don't represent the US one even if that's what's printed on their uniforms.


That's the sad truth right there.



"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
 
Posts: 4867 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Sweden keeps winning so the US finishes second in Group G. Then they will have to play the Group F winner (Brazil or the Netherlands) in the knockout round. Either of those teams stand the best chance of winning and knocking the US out of the competition.


We often meet our destiny on the road we took to avoid it.
 
Posts: 2316 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Inspiring: US Women's Soccer Team To Boycott Scoring Goals Until Racism Is Defeated
July 21st, 2021 - BabylonBee.com


TOKYO—People were stunned after the U.S. women's soccer team lost to Sweden in the Olympics this week by a score of 3-0—until the team revealed they are boycotting scoring any goals until racism is defeated.

"Yeah, we didn't score any goals against Sweden last night, but that was totally on purpose," said star player and beloved activist Megan Rapinoe. "This isn't the time to score goals—when America is still racist. We totally could have beaten Sweden but we decided as a team that no goals will be scored until complete equality has been achieved in America. Also, we demand a hefty raise."

Onlookers were stunned during the second half of the game when Rapinoe dribbled the ball all the way to Sweden's unprotected goal and whispered "This is for you, people of color," before kicking the ball straight into the air and running headfirst into the goalpost.

"This may be one of the most powerful performances in the history of sports," said Teen Vogue's sportswriter who has never watched sports.

The U.S. Women's team is demanding to remain in the Olympic tournament and promises to continue its streak of zero goals. Inspiring!

https://babylonbee.com/news/in...l-racism-is-defeated



NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
 
Posts: 8108 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee is a national treasure. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin



Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus
 
Posts: 7005 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know from anyone who watched the match if the two countries' National Anthems were played before the match and what did the team do if it was played.



"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
 
Posts: 1461 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I'd like to know from anyone who watched the match if the two countries' National Anthems were played before the match and what did the team do if it was played.


They stood during the anthem and then took a knee before the kickoff for about 10 seconds. According to the media.



Soccer players kneel to start new era of Olympic activism



“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
 
Posts: 29175 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Inspiring: US Women's Soccer Team To Boycott Scoring Goals Until Racism Is Defeated
July 21st, 2021 - BabylonBee.com


TOKYO—People were stunned after the U.S. women's soccer team lost to Sweden in the Olympics this week by a score of 3-0—until the team revealed they are boycotting scoring any goals until racism is defeated.

"Yeah, we didn't score any goals against Sweden last night, but that was totally on purpose," said star player and beloved activist Megan Rapinoe. "This isn't the time to score goals—when America is still racist. We totally could have beaten Sweden but we decided as a team that no goals will be scored until complete equality has been achieved in America. Also, we demand a hefty raise."

Onlookers were stunned during the second half of the game when Rapinoe dribbled the ball all the way to Sweden's unprotected goal and whispered "This is for you, people of color," before kicking the ball straight into the air and running headfirst into the goalpost.

"This may be one of the most powerful performances in the history of sports," said Teen Vogue's sportswriter who has never watched sports.

The U.S. Women's team is demanding to remain in the Olympic tournament and promises to continue its streak of zero goals. Inspiring!

https://babylonbee.com/news/in...l-racism-is-defeated


Maybe you know it, but the Babylon Bee is a satirical paper like The Onion.




The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
 
Posts: 50139 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bama, glad to see they at least respected our flag and anthem. Some of them have taken a knee during the playing of it in the past and I just wanted to know. I'd be willing to bet all the soccer teams will do the take a knee thing throughout the games.



"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra
 
Posts: 1461 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

Maybe you know it, but the Babylon Bee is a satirical paper like The Onion.


I do know it. And find it more reliable than The NY Times or Washington Post.

Guess I should have gone with my first inclination…

Today, schadenfreude is spelled “US Women’s Soccer”



NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
 
Posts: 8108 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It seems that in actuality they are NOT the U.S. Women's Soccer Team, but rather the 'US Womens' Soccer Team... Roll Eyes


____________________________________________________________

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
 
Posts: 4819 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
It seems that in actuality they are NOT the U.S. Women's Soccer Team, but rather the 'US Womens' Soccer Team... Roll Eyes



Or a Women's Soccer Team From America, No further Details (NFD).
 
Posts: 706 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The International No Sandwiches Being Made Pseudo-Sports Organization
 
Posts: 93867 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Personally, I hope they never win another game again. And I never say that about any team, not even the Bears. Fuck them.
 
Posts: 5394 | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Personally, I hope they never win another game again. And I never say that about any team, not even the Bears. Fuck them.


Maybe that would set them straight?


_____________________
 
Posts: 12649 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The Babylon Bee's other story

https://babylonbee.com/news/to...ld-boys-team-in-wigs


We often meet our destiny on the road we took to avoid it.
 
Posts: 2316 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
The Babylon Bee's other story

https://babylonbee.com/news/to...ld-boys-team-in-wigs


Big Grin

"Unfortunately, their plans may have hit a snag, as the New Zealand team is entirely made up of fully grown trans women bodybuilders."


~Alan

Acta Non Verba Trump Stands Alone...but he fights
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

"My guns are always loaded."
~R.G. Justified

"Surrender be damned. I have not yet begun to fight." ~JPJ

"I aim to misbehave."
 
Posts: 26503 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
It would be fun to watch the outrage of Rapinoe and the fans of women's soccer to have the entire team replaced with more capable trans-peoples, because trans- counts for more points than just being a woman, or even a lesbian, so the wokesters wouldn't have any ground to stand on based on their rules of the diversity game.




 
Posts: 4486 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
One can always ask a high school boys soccer team to wear blouses… we know they would play better and end up winning the whole thing. Big Grin
 
Posts: 2766 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America…

© SIGforum 2021