SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America…
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

U.S. Women’s Soccer Team disgraces America… Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
When the Anthem is played it is normal to face the Flag, or if one is not visible to face the music source. Facing an available Flag is the priority.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I look at it this way , if you don't want to put your hand over your heart then that's fine with me . Be respectful of your teammates that do . When you kneel , which is directly against established protocol then you are deliberately trying to be disrespectful and provocative .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Couldn’t have been happier to see that they had lost. I don’t like rooting against the US but I’m glad Rapinoe ends her career with a loss.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Couldn’t have been happier to see that they had lost. I don’t like rooting against the US but ...
Rooting against Rapinoe and that team isn't "rooting against the U.S." Quite the opposite.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Couldn’t have been happier to see that they had lost. I don’t like rooting against the US but I’m glad Rapinoe ends her career with a loss.

Not just a loss, but a loss she could have prevented if her last act as a soccer player hadn't been a failure.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Kinda surprised this hasn't been posted, not for the weak of heart. Thanks, Nike Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Spectator Life
Sport
Matt McDonald
Why everyone is delighted the US women’s soccer team is out
7 August 2023, 11:31am
From Spectator Life
(Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)

Americans awoke on Sunday morning to find themselves bathing in wave after wave of schadenfreude. In Melbourne, the unthinkable had happened: the US Women’s National Team had been defeated – and eliminated from the football World Cup.

The online criticism was unrelenting. ‘They really are equal to the men’s team,’ said The Spectator World’s Stephen L. Miller. ‘Any men’s team that was as cocky as this US women’s soccer team and got eliminated this early in a shocking upset would get absolutely obliterated by sports media,’ tweeted radio host Clay Travis.

The US women are already widely disliked internationally for appearing cocky

After a languid and leggy group stage performance that saw the team fail to win for the first time since 2015 and go through to the knockout stages in second place, America’s ladies looked much more positive in regulation time against Sweden. But a gargantuan performance from Swedish goalkeeper Zećira Mušović kept the US at bay – and after 120 minutes it was time for penalties.

To the delight of many, Megan Rapinoe was one of the three to fluff her lines for the US. After coming on in extra time for Alex Morgan, who had a weak penalty saved in the opening match against Vietnam, Rapinoe skied her effort well over the bar – a dispiriting final kick of her career. Then for Sweden, Lina Hurtig’s shot was initially saved by Alyssa Naeher, but the ball rebounded off the woodwork and was shown by the video assistant referee to have fully crossed the line: the US were out.

The US women are already widely disliked internationally for appearing cocky – many fans hadn’t forgotten their wild over-celebrations of the 13 goals they put past Thailand at the start of the last World Cup. The Fox Soccer adverts promoting the tournament didn’t exactly help matters – with actors hamming it up to play national stereotypes of the US’s chief rivals brainstorming ideas to beat America.

‘The entire world is gonna do whatever it takes to stop the US,’ one woman says. ‘Good luck with that,’ replies Alex Morgan to camera.

But events since the last tournament have seen the team’s popularity decline domestically. First it was the complaints and lawsuits about the pay disparity between them and the men’s team. The team also came under fire for not singing the national anthem enthusiastically enough or, in some cases, at all.

Add to that Rapinoe’s decision to embrace her role as a culture-war lightning-rod: the purple-haired winger was a constant and vocal critic of the Trump administration and knelt in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick.

More recently, she’s drawn fire for endorsing trans women competing in women’s sports – perhaps an indicator that her role as an advocate for the LGBTQIAA+ community is more important to her than standing up for her fellow female athletes. ‘Show me all the trans people who are nefariously taking advantage of being trans in sports. It’s just not happening,’ she told Time magazine. ‘Never mind Lia Thomas, Laurel Hubbard, CeCe Telfer, Terry Miller, Andraya Yearwood, Juniper Eastwood, Keelin Godsey, Gabbi Ludwig or Athena Del Rosario,’ my colleague Amber Athey pointed out last month.

‘On a positive note, Ms Rapinoe wants to pack the [US team] with biological males, so they should win everything going forward,’ joked Piers Morgan after the defeat. The end of US women’s soccer dominance is upon us – which, whisper it, is probably good for the game overall.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/ar...-soccer-team-is-out/

Page 1 of 1

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
The US women are already widely disliked internationally for appearing cocky
YUUUUUUUUGE swing and a miss with THAT statement!!! IDGAS if a player or team is cocky. What I care about is their attitude toward the country they are representing. If you're a Communist, National Anthem kneeling BITCH, then YES...THAT is the beef I have with the "team". RapiHO could be the cockiest player on the face of the planet IF...IF...she had respected MY country, MY flag, and MY National Anthem.

They can FOAD and the media can make as many excuses for them as it wants.

The article does get it right in the last several paragraphs...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sadly, Rapinhead will be offered an analysts role with one of the lib networks so we have not seen the end of her bs quite yet.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Megan VapidHo.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Sadly, Rapinhead will be offered an analysts role with one of the lib networks so we have not seen the end of her bs quite yet.
Oh , I've seen the last of her . I can promise you that .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The purple pinhead will die of self inflected wounds.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I wonder how long it will be before they demand another pay raise.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My response would be, “We’ll give you a raise as soon as y’all beat that boys Jr. High team.”

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Sky News Australia pulls no punches. "If you're woke and lose, it's not a good combination" Big Grin

343 - Never Forget

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I wonder how long it will be before they demand another pay raise.

How about a pay refund?

USWNT Generated $3.25 Million In Revenue But Will Take Home Over $7 Million In Equal Pay Revenue Split With Men’s Team

quote:

The USWNT financial numbers are in, and the women are due for a big payday despite an early exit from the Women’s World Cup.

Last year, the US Soccer Federation, the USWNT, and the USMNT came to an agreement that the women’s and the men’s team would split their revenues equally after US Soccer recouped their fees. The main reason for the historic deal was because everyone felt that FIFA’s pay structure was unfair to the women.

Via ESPN

U.S. Soccer, the women’s national team and the men’s national team came together for a historic and first-of-its-kind deal: The two teams would pool their FIFA prize money together and then split it equally among both teams. Although FIFA prize money is still unequal, the teams have chosen to split it equally.

For this Women’s World Cup, FIFA is offering a total of $150 million, compared to $440 million for the Men’s World Cup last summer.

According to Sportico’s Emily Caron, the USWNT will take home over $7 million despite bringing in $3.25 million in revenue thanks to the newly formed revenue split.

“some USWNT math: the U.S. will take home $3.25 million for its round of 16 exit. that’ll be added to the $13m the men’s team earned in Qatar. 10% of the $16.25m total will go to U.S. soccer + the remaining $14.625m will be shared equally between both squads (~$298k per player),”

After fans reacted to her analysis, Caron pointed out that the men’s team agreed to the equal pay deal and would have benefited from it in year’s past when they didn’t qualify for the World Cup.

Link

Once again, women fleece the men because #equality. Be sure to thank a simp for "empowering women" while fucking over their fellow man.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
IMHO. the USWNT had every opportunity to grow their sport, make it more attractive to a larger audience, and generate more income.

However, they chose to flip the middle finger at their country, go totally woke, and become a platform for a fringe.

How did that work out for you?

343 - Never Forget