SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That won't make one single bit of difference.

As the Krimson Kenyan so famously spewed, elections have consequenses.

There is no honor with the leftists, and no such thing as a gentleman's agreement with these insects. If Ginsburg dies while Donald Trump is in office, we will have another conservative on the court, and all the pissing and moaning and cries of 'unfair' from the leftists won't mean dick.

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
You can bet that, were RBG to leave the Court after 31 Dec 2019, the Left WILL invoke the Merrick Garland incident and insist that the precedent of not confirming a Justice during a Presidential Election year be honored.

flashguy

Once they have control of the senate, then they can insist on it. Until then, they can stick it up their ass and spin on it.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can bet that, were RBG to leave the Court after 31 Dec 2019, the Left WILL invoke the Merrick Garland incident and insist that the precedent of not confirming a Justice during a Presidential Election year be honored.

flashguy

I'd argue it wasn't a lame duck presidency and that means a lot. After eight years then it is a guaranteed change in presidency. So year 7 and year 3 are way different in my mind. At this point PDJT was elected by the will of the people and is likely to be president for 5 more years. BHO had half a year as a lame duck, not even close in comparison.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd argue it wasn't a lame duck presidency and that means a lot. After eight years then it is a guaranteed change in presidency. So year 7 and year 3 are way different in my mind. At this point PDJT was elected by the will of the people and is likely to be president for 5 more years. BHO had half a year as a lame duck, not even close in comparison.

While I agree, the LEFT will not agree with you, and will bring up the Garland incident. They are not known to be rational. God knows what Biden might say to help.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
quote:

flashguy

Once they have control of the senate, then they can insist on it. Until then, they can stick it up their ass and spin on it.

This.

Don't think for a second that they wouldn't do the same were they given the same opportunity. As it is, they have been foaming at the mouth for an opportunity to stack the court by expanding the number of justices anyway. How is that suggestion any less contemptible? Assholes.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I said they'd "insist", not that they'd win. The "optics" would not be favorable, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
If RBG kicks (which is the way I think it’s going) the GDCs will demand!! that the election take place before an appointment.
Fuck ‘em.
The Rs have the senate and that’s the way things roll when you have control.
Tough shitski.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That won't make one single bit of difference.

There is no honor with the leftists, and no such thing as a gentleman's agreement with these insects. If Ginsburg dies while Donald Trump is in office, we will have another conservative on the court, and all the pissing and moaning and cries of 'unfair' from the leftists won't mean dick.

I agree, Mitch has a lot of short comings but, he plays hardball when it comes to filling court seats.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mitch has already stated that if there were to be a vacancy in 2020 he would fill it.

"‘Oh We’d Fill It’: McConnell Vows Senate Will Confirm SCOTUS Pick If Vacancy Opens During 2020 Election"

https://ijr.com/mitch-mcconnel...ll-scotus-seat-2020/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

I'd argue it wasn't a lame duck presidency and that means a lot. After eight years then it is a guaranteed change in presidency. So year 7 and year 3 are way different in my mind. At this point PDJT was elected by the will of the people and is likely to be president for 5 more years. BHO had half a year as a lame duck, not even close in comparison.[/QUOTE]

B
I
N
G
O

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
<snip>
Not all of the recent picks have followed the script.

Both of President Trump’s picks have.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"Krimson Kenyan," LOL!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Donald should get on Twitter & say that he's now accepting applications for an expected vacancy in the Supreme Court.

Then sit back & laugh his ass off as the libs go nuts.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
<snip>
Not all of the recent picks have followed the script.

Both of President Trump’s picks have.

I heard Mark Levin say Kavanaugh was a terrible pick and will be a terrible SC Judge. I didn’t hear him say why as he was on the car radio and I had to get out of the car at the time. Mark Levin generally knows what he’s talking about.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
I hate everything that RBG stands for, and strongly feel that having her leave the Court is what's best for the country. Many of you have said that cancer sucks and you would not wish it on anyone, not even RBG. I agree with that totally, however I didn't wish cancer on her! She got cancer (several times) without any wishing from me or anyone else. If, as many believe, the only way to get her off the court is for her to die; then so be it.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
quote:

flashguy

Yup. Don't GAF. Treat maggots the way they're supposed to be treated.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
I hate everything that RBG stands for, and strongly feel that having her leave the Court is what's best for the country.

Not looking to parse things however, I think Sotomayor has her beat in terms of extreme liberal advocacy. RBG has been reduced to a caricature and figurehead of the left media machine, particularly from the LBGQXD crowd given her pre-nomination roll in gender laws. Sotomayor and Kagen have been the ones carrying the water for the left on the SCOTUS.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine a worse hell on Earth. A job you are compelled not to leave until you're dead.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
I said they'd "insist", not that they'd win. The "optics" would not be favorable, though.

flashguy
One of the talking heads on FOX the other day had the best advise I've heard so far on this issue...."Never take strategy advice from the opposition."

And consider if McConnell didn't pursue confirming another justice next year. The left would then use the open seat on SCOTUS as a huge motivational push to get more lefty voters to the polls in 2020 to unseat Trump so he never got an opportunity to put another justice on the court. No, McConnell and Trump should do whatever it takes to confirm another justice if Ruthie doe kick off. Jam another confirmation down their throats and move on to the next battle.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post