SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Judge Ryan did 11 years active duty in the Marines. I like it.

Back to this shit about it being a womans seat. We have a female marine (she looks kind of like a woman, but I'm not sure) running against Mitch McConnell here in Kentucky. OK, sorry that I mention that she's ugly. She says, in her own words, she's left of anyone in Kentucky. The mere fact that she is/was a Marine means very little to me, given the barrage of ads on TV and the internet. She might be OK, maybe I'm wrong for not being more impressed, but given the current experience with McConnell's opponent, I'm not.

Its not fair to point out that it was a man's seat before Slick appointed her, or was in the past. Now its a woman's seat and only another biologically female can be appointed to it. I guess.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18392 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
More potential pics.

Top Five Candidates For Nomination to Ginsburg Seat on the Supreme Court — No Men Allowed

Judge Amy Coney Barrett, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.

Joan Larson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

Alison Eid, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

Judge Diane Sykes, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

Judge Margaret Ryan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

Judge Ryan did 11 years active duty in the Marines. I like it.

https://www.redstate.com/shipw...ourt-no-men-allowed/
Now you guys are just plain crazy! Razz

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
The salt is flowing.

The fruits are threatening to burn down congress if they don't get their way.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...burn-it-down-threats

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Love to see em squirm. That woman child libtard's tantrum just delights me. I find myself feeling a foreign emotion, glee. Like I wanna skip down the hallway giggling.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6991 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a very strong suspicion that the Pres. and the GOP Senate have been working on this for weeks/months.....it was inevitable the RGB would die in a short timeframe. Now it is just time to put the wheels into motion. It can't be too fast for me!!

Posts: 6636 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
This is a TikTok link, so some of you may not want to click on it, but if you want an ear-to-ear grin, have a look. Here's a gal who is a self-described "Bisexual horticulturist with ADHD", expressing her umm frustration and panic about the death of the crone.

https://www.tiktok.com/@distel...66506757&source=h5_m

Big Grin

Pic removed for sigfreunds convenience. [QUOTE]

It's like 2016 all over again. Thanks for posting that. That made my day!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken226,

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Gee, I would really like to see a few more photos of that screeching woman in a thread that I'm checking into to follow what is happening as a result of the death of a Supreme Court justice. Can someone help me out here?

And a real treat would be a couple or three of the Obamanation and BJ's wife. Come on, people: Get with it.

Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47439 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
On a forum I frequent, one of the others posted photos of the memorials accumulating at the Supreme Court Building. I commented "Justice Ginsberg will be missed by many." A later comment replied "Justice Ginsberg should be missed by all" I wrote what I meant.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like Collins is out. Kind of surprised. Apparently she does not want to be reelected. No matter. There are 54 republican senators. We can lose 4 and still have Pence make it 51. I'm thinking Collins, Murkowski, Romney for sure.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Collins and Murkowski have already come out saying they want to wait until after the election . Unfortunately I don’t see it happening this year.

Posts: 1775 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Gee, I would really like to see a few more photos of that screeching woman in a thread that I'm checking into to follow what is happening as a result of the death of a Supreme Court justice. Can someone help me out here?

And a real treat would be a couple or three of the Obamanation and BJ's wife. Come on, people: Get with it.

Roll Eyes

I guess I'm not supposed to use the "quote" button when responding to someone. Sorry.

I'll edit out to pic, for your convenience. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ken226,

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are 54 republican senators.

Q

Posts: 26649 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Its not fair to point out that it was a man's seat before Slick appointed her, or was in the past. Now its a woman's seat and only another biologically female can be appointed to it. I guess.
I think appointing another female to the seat is a politically good idea. It's not a requirement, but can remove one of the objections sure to be posited. I'm sure a well-qualified and satisfactory choice will be made, with appropriate philosophy.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Thread drift.

So the nuts at Democratic Underground are talking about packing the court. I can’t find a really good answer other than FDR tried and failed, and that we’ve held the number of justices for 150 years or so.

It’s not in the constitution, so where would they start? 2 seats? 5? 10? Double it? Where does it stop.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3623 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's much more difficult to accuse a woman of rape, as these lying insects did with Kavanaugh.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107930 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
WaPo headlines Scalia v. Ginsburg.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Love to be a fly on the wall behind the democrats closed doors. Some real PANIC!!!! The stealing of the election just got ramped way up. Now it's not only the presidency it's the Supreme Court . The corruption is going to be intense.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Why do the good always die so young?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4622 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well it looks like Collins is out. Kind of surprised.

She said she believes the nomination should wait until after Jan. 2021, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she won't ultimately vote yes to confirm if the vote comes up beforehand.

After all, she didn't say she would vote no; only that she thinks it should wait. Seriously, how could she justify voting no to confirm a perfectly qualified, female judge?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30515 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, it's much more difficult to accuse a woman of rape, as these lying insects did with Kavanaugh.

And with somebody like Amy Coney Barrett, squeaky clean, and a believer that life begins at conception. Her views on abortion just might sway Mitt Romney, a very staunch pro-life advocate, who has in the past mentioned this trait would be ideal for any of his SCOTUS choices.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16777 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post