SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Same here. This is a non issue for me especially if it helps cut down on your work Para.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mutiny:
I didn’t receive any prompt, so I went looking at my profile and realized it was already filled completely.

I was feeling left out too..
Auto-fill must have kicked in and filled it all in including my phone #.
No idea when I did that.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All evening I've been getting emails from members who can't figure this out.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
As soon as I saw the prompt I figured it had to do with the classified situation.
Thanks para for saving the classifieds!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
I will admit.. I thought it was due to my mobile browser app.. but it took all of 3 seconds to realize that a change had been made, requiring additional info.

Posts: 13991 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
I had to jump through a hoop or two. I was directed to confirm by approving an email to an address I scrapped due to spam long ago. Figured that part out, reactivated the email, had the cert reply sent again and all was well. I wanted to avoid spamming admin if I could.

The security push of the last 2 months has made me very tolerant of efforts to make it harder for scammers, foreign government, and quasi government efforts to breach security.

Posts: 4012 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Confused for a moment but with all that’s been posted lately about the scammers I figured the required fields of city, state, and country were a result of the thieving SOB’s. Wasn’t a minute to figure that and fill in the required spots. Thanks for watching out for us.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the prompt and updated my info but I'm retired and no longer have access to my work email. When I tried to update my profile with my current hotmail email address it wouldn't take so what's the solution?

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
I received the prompt and updated my info but I'm retired and no longer have access to my work email. When I tried to update my profile with my current hotmail email address it wouldn't take so what's the solution?

Post this in the Office section of the forum and someone will be along to fix it . Same happened to me and suddenly it was all fixed.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:
Email me at the address in my profile. Email me from the address you want to use, and include your forum username when you email me.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting United States and Canada at the top of the list unlike the websites that make you scroll through most of the alphabet to click on USA.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
All evening I've been getting emails from members who can't figure this out.

Maybe explain that it's part of the new Sigforum IQ test required for all participating members. Smile

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
got the prompt,
filled out what it needed and added/edited stuff that I should have done long ago,

curious, if you (para) audit, and the person logs on at work , and the work computers go thru a different state, will that kick a member out?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I was prompted just now. hit submit and it told me my country was missing, so I filled that in. No problem.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Updated successfully

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Just updated mine. I got scared last night when I was trying to log in using my phone and I got the prompt. All good now.

Posts: 1884 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Done.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1049 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updated.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
I was required to enter the city, state, and country.

Posts: 1295 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Didn’t realize I’d never entered USA as part of my location. Updated and smooth sailing.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post