SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I thought he sounded a little tired in his initial monologue and update on the treatment which is totally understandable. I had chemo years ago and it was no fun and I'm sure less aggressive than the treatments Rush is undergoing.

I thought he sounded much stronger in his second and third hours today.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
...I thought he sounded much stronger in his second and third hours today...

Well, he is 69 now. It probably takes him a little longer to get cranked up, but he's pretty darned amazing, illness and all.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have learned more than one can imagine from him. As Rush says there are no degrees from the EIB. Can't imagine him not being there everyday. We pray for him daily.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
I have learned more than one can imagine from him. As Rush says there are no degrees from the EIB. Can't imagine him not being there everyday. We pray for him daily.

Concur! An American conservative institution!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mdblanton:
I thought he sounded a little tired in his initial monologue and update on the treatment which is totally understandable. I had chemo years ago and it was no fun and I'm sure less aggressive than the treatments Rush is undergoing.

I thought he sounded much stronger in his second and third hours today.

Michael

He was really struggling this morning and the details of his suffering was just more than I could handle, so I didn't catch the last 2 hrs.

I guess it was especially painful to me because I've listened to him for decades and he seems like family. Besides, my brother, younger by 5 years, is now going through the same thing.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:

Concur! An American conservative institution!

A National Treasure

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've been listening to him since 1988. He is older than I by enough that I knew the day would come that I'd have to listen to the radio without him for longer than I care to. There are others that I'd be content with but Rush will leave a huge vacuum when he is no longer broadcasting. This illness of his is vexing for sure.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brazos Dan:

He was really struggling this morning and the details of his suffering was just more than I could handle, so I didn't catch the last 2 hrs.

He did sound bad early but as others noted, he picked up steam as the show went on. I don't want to read too much into his tone at the start, kinda dark? He was on his game by the end.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Cancer-stricken talk radio legend Rush Limbaugh provided listeners a somber update on his condition Monday after recent scans showed “some progression of cancer,” which he said is “not dramatic” but still a step in the wrong direction.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...der-a-death-sentence

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I know of two people close to me who have had metastatic (stage 4) lung cancer who are probably going to live for many years because of very recently developed medicines (and lots of prayer).
I'mm sure Rush has the best of medical care and medications.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Saddens me. I don’t listen regularly, but his is the only radio talk show I listen to, and that started back in 1989, when the show was first picked up by an Arizona station. I honestly believe that he deserves much of the credit for the “Republican Revolution” in 1994. God Bless him and keep him going as long as possible.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
He is taking the latest downturn in his cancer condition with grace and courage.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'm grateful he's still around and I'll take any day that he's still with us.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I go back at least to the early/mid 90’s listening to Rush. I try to listen as much as possible, depending on work & what I’m doing.

I listen to others, WISN in Milwaukee has great local talent. Regardless, there is NOBODY that can fill his chair & show. It’s not that I’m a total ‘ditto-head’, still run things through my filter.

I do think he really can ‘read the stitches on the fastball’ when it comes to politics. The way he was talking yesterday, he’s already past the date he thought he’d be off the air.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
1989, while he was at WABC NYC, I went to dinner in te Spanish Tavern, Mountainside NJ. Rush was next to us eating by himself. He joined us for dinner He was a newby in NY at the time and they were a show sponsor, so his meal was gratis, he was very grounded and acted like a regular guy and the wine flowed on his non-tab, as well as deserts.
I have tried to call him to reminisce the episode on the air, never could get thru, but he repeated one of our stories in his Homeless Update the next day mentioning having dinner with us on the air.

My 5 minutes of fame.....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Been listening to Rush since his Sacramento days. When we could, we'd listen while working at the Nuclear Shipyard at Mare Island (Vallejo, CA). He had quite a following even back then.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Praying for Rush's recovery. The guy that sat next to me at work turned me on to Rush in 1993 or possibly 1994, before the 1994 election. I've followed politics since the '72 election, but Rush has almost always given good insights and background that I might have missed.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rush has spent 30 years in the public eye promoting conservative ideas and exposing the lies, hypocrisy and evils of the left, all the while being relentlessly criticized and pressured to water down his message. His passing will leave a void in the conservative movement that will never be filled. It will be like losing an entire army in the war against leftism and that’s no mere exaggeration.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Rush is really trolling "Jeffrey Toobin" now. He's on a roll! In the bumper rotation:
-Beat It (Michael Jackson)
-Bang a Gong (T-Rex)

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Michael Weiner Savage, the narcissistic SOB, reached a new low. Mad

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...baughs-cancer-update

Radio host Michael Savage ripped for comments after Rush Limbaugh’s cancer update

By David Aaro | Fox News

Radio host Michael Savage took heat on social media earlier this week for comments he made after Rush Limbaugh's emotional cancer update.

"Limbaugh's crying about his cancer on air! Worst 15 minutes in radio history!" Savage wrote on Twitter. "Spilled a large coffee all over counter and floor. I PROMISE MY AUDIENCE THIS- I WILL NOT DRAG YOU DOWN WITH ME! Best wishes RUSH, but stop and leave the stage with dignity."

"Compare this to Lou Gehrig in Yankee Stadium," he continued.

Limbaugh announced in February that he was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

On Monday, he provided his listeners with a somber update on his condition after recent scans showed “some progression of cancer,” which he said was “not dramatic” but still a step in the wrong direction.

“From the moment you get the diagnosis, there’s a part of you every day, OK, that’s it, life’s over, you just don’t know when,” Limbaugh said. “So, during the period of time after the diagnosis, you do what you can to prolong life, do what you can to prolong a happy life. You measure a happy life against whatever medication it takes.”

“It’s tough to realize that the days where I do not think I’m under a death sentence are over,” he continued.

The comments by Savage drew heavy backlash from users on social media.

"As a nurse practitioner working in bone marrow transplant, his updates are uplifting and wonderful. Many patients are unable to voice their true feelings and I his words will help others that are in a battle for their lives," one user wrote.

"I think I speak for, oh, pretty much everyone when I say STFU you absolute d-----bag." tweeted journalist Megyn Kelly.

"Were you hacked or are you just awful?" added Rita Panahi, a columnist for the Australia-based Herald Sun.

“The Rush Limbaugh Show” first aired in 1988 and has earned a variety of awards and honors. The longtime American radio personality received the Presidential Medal of Freedom during Trump’s State of the Union address only a few days after telling listeners of his diagnosis.

Fox News' Brian Flood contributed to this report

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post