SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Looks like listening to Clay and Buck on podcast from iheart radio is the only way I can get it in my area. Out of morbid curiosity, I TRIED to listen to Dana's new show yesterday. Made it through the first 30 seconds. She sounded like she belongs on The View.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Didn't take in the inaugural show yesterday. Not ever having heard of Clay Travis I looked up his bio this morning. WTF!? Are they resurrecting the old Hannity and Colmes formula? This guy is no conservative or constitutionalist from what I read. A "reformed" Obamaite? (Among other sites, Politics section here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Travis... and yes, I don't trust this site either).

Buck Sexton I found underwhelming when he hosted on the Rush show. Much MUCH better were Jason Lewis and Mark Steyn.

So what are you folks initial impressions? Roll Eyes

Should Eric Harley and Gary McNamara of Red Eye Radio be the better choice to listen to?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was ok. Glad they only paid homage to Rush, instead of working old clips into each segment like before. They both sound conservative, but the show had a sports cast vibe to it because of Clay. I'll tune in for a few more shows to see if they find a groove.

Andrew Wilkow is on from 12-3 on Sirius, so I'll spend my lunch hour with him from now on.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well I listened for 15 minutes this morning. Felt "flat" and turned the show off. Maybe I'm not giving them a chance. Maybe their "style" just doesn't resonate with me. Whatever.....

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but the show had a sports cast vibe to it because of Clay
It also had that vibe because of the SCOTUS ruling against the NCAA, which was announced yesterday.

I seriously wouldn't draw any conclusions based on one day of programming.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I listened today. It was pretty boring.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All these people attempting to fill Limbaugh's shoes will be compared to Limbaugh by his faithful fans and all of them will fall short of the mark, because the only satisfactory host has passed from this existence.

Posts: 107583 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Seems Kathy Griffin has received the karma she so wished on Rush.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03...-griffin-lung-cancer

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Yeah, a couple days after that broke, KG moans about the controversy of her severed Trump head pic drove her to overindulge in pills. So she's an attention whore but who isn't in show biz? Whatever the case, her legacy won't even be an asterisk.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The second guy behind a great leader never survives the process...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Seems Kathy Griffin has received the karma she so wished on Rush.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03...-griffin-lung-cancer

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8885 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:... So she's an attention whore...

Well, not sure about her seeking attention...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^

The day after her cancer was publicized, she comes out with her pill problem after the Trump head kerfuffle (sorry, no link saved) so I think, yeah, maybe...

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post