SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I put Savage in the same camp as Beck, for the most part ‘never Trumpers’.

I’d think there’s simple jealousy too. Savage has not been friendly to gun owners or hunters.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Savage is jealous of everyone else. Everyone. This asshole's narcissistic personality is so big that, even when they get around to DSM-X, they won't be able to fill it.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

"I think I speak for, oh, pretty much everyone when I say STFU you absolute d-----bag." tweeted journalist Megyn Kelly.

I believe Dan Bongino had some similarly unambiguous language for Savage.

Honestly, I thought that asshole was off the air long ago. I'm actually shocked that he still has an audience large enough to keep him on the air.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
I pray for a miracle here, he’s one of the good one’s. I’ve been listening to him since high school, I think he’s the best. He’s made it through some tough times before this, always faced it, no excuses. Oh, fuck savage

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Savage is jealous of everyone else. Everyone.

Yep, everyone, even his audience, and has to use his microphone to let his hate be clear. I'll listen to the first minute or seconds of his show to take some comfort in knowing there is a little constancy in the universe.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It's only once in a great while he gives us an update. I appreciate that he does as I get curious as to what's happening with his cancer. I remember back in 1993 I was out in my shop working on my racecar and listening to the "Oldies" station. Same 20 songs over and over and I was sick of it. For some reason I flipped over to the AM dial and started searching for something to listen to. Some how stopped on Rush's show. Hardly ever listened to FM after that. I thought WOW! heres a guy who thinks like I do. Been a loyal fan ever since. He taught me how to think and look at politics. Love the man.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've been much less of a fan of Limbaugh than many of you. These remarks by Michael Savage, however, are beneath dignity.

Lou Gehrig did not talk for a living; Rush Limbaugh talks for a living. You give a man of such a talent a very large audience, and he's talking about perhaps the most momentous event of his life, sure, he's going to talk. Naturally, he's going to talk. Someone like Savage must know this, in which case he is just being cruel with his remarks- either that, or he is no credit to his profession if he's truly that ignorant. Let's see how Savage handles an open mic when his time is before him.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I never minded Savage's crusty old angry demeanor.
But went off the rails full anti-2A a couple of years ago bashing AR15's (having no clue what they were) > I CUT HIM OFF COLD right then and there ~ never giving him a second thought.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I know he has guest speakers from time to time, but any discussions on who might follow him in that show?

Yeah, it would be weird to have The Rush Limbaugh Show without Rush, but he's spent to much time and energy building up that following and brand to just let it pass into the night when he's no longer up to doing it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm sure there are ongoing discussions behind the scenes but Rush would not likely want to talk about it on-air until he's on one of his last shows and ready to turn it over to a successor.

My bet would be on Mark Steyn.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
^^^ I'm sure there are ongoing discussions behind the scenes but Rush would not likely want to talk about it on-air until he's on one of his last shows and ready to turn it over to a successor.

Agreed. Of all the guest hosts over the years Steyn has risen to the top.

As far as others go, who either already have their own show or make the occasional media appearance, none have enough of THAT special "thing" to garner any support from me in this regard.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Steyn would be great and would be my choice. Except I don't think Mark Steyn would want to do it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Except I don't think Mark Steyn would want to do it.

You could be right, but look at it this way:
As a writer, occasional host and a TV guest he's just one of dozens.
As Rush's replacement he would instantly be the biggest name in talk radio and he'd be set for life. And he could still write and be an occasional TV guest, as Rush did.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

You could be right, but look at it this way:
As a writer, occasional host and a TV guest he's just one of dozens.
As Rush's replacement he would instantly be the biggest name in talk radio and he'd be set for life. And he could still write and be an occasional TV guest, as Rush did.

Well, I really hope he takes it if offered down the road. I listen to Rush as often as I can as my daily schedule permits me, but if I know that Mark Steyn is guest hosting that day, I will go out of my way to listen. His wit and his way with words is just a pleasure to listen to.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've gotten the impression for several years now that Mark Steyn was being groomed to take over when Rush retired, or in this case now when he passes.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have heard Rush say, on several occasions, that he doesn’t want his radio show to become a pity party over his cancer battle. He just doesn’t talk about it. He obviously felt his loyal listeners deserved an update on his condition, and he gave them one. Savage IS indeed a “douchebag.”

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Let's be clear, Rush Limbaugh is, not was.
He says he's on "second base", a lot of good things can happen from second base.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Interesting isn't it how this exchange with Rush's audience and Savage's audience illustrates why Rush is king and Savage is small in spite of his life accomplishments? Savage used to be really great many years ago. Something happened though and he waxed resentful and bitter. He thinks his legitimacy is dismissed by lesser men. It might have been but how he has dealt with it is off-putting. I stopped listening to Savage over 15 years ago because of it all. Rush is king because he knows his place and is comfortable there.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I'm of the opinion that ALL of the greats owe their existence to Rush. I very clearly remember 1989 when Rush put everything on the line to start a Conservative Talk Show on the radio. He STARTED the trend. I would listen and be amazed that everything I and my Conservative friends had been saying for the last 30 years was being said over the air!

Savage is just jealous - pure and simple. He doesn't have the class that Rush has and never will.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I've been a huge fan of Rush since I first heard of him back in '89. His keen political insight, sense of humor and genuine good nature has made him an icon in talk radio. I used to enjoy his TV show back in the day.

Prayers to you Rush! Hang in there buddy. I'm hoping you will round third base and steal home plate in the coming months. America needs you!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post