SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I listen to him every chance I get, not every day but a few times a week here and there usually, this really really bums me out. Frown

This guy MADE conservative talk radio.

It was so sickening to see all these so-called "tolerant" leftists on social media platforms openly celebrating and chuckling about this news. These people are ghouls and it really pisses me off to see them beat us over the head about how noble and tolerant they are yet they do this stuff every time. Mad

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
God bless him. What a voice for two Generations now. Hope he beats this. I'm not ready to lose him.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I actually corresponded with him over the CRCT cheating scandal.

In 1994, I had shot his staff a note over some misprinted calendars we had contracted out by an outside vendor. He had made the calendars out to be the school district's fault, when it was the printer's fault.

Rush PERSONALLY replied to me, thanking me for clearing it up. He's a nice guy. He actually apologized for causing me any undue stress and it was good radio for him at the time.

Then a decade later the CRCT scandal hit. He and I spoke about it in length and he was very accommodating with my wishes to remain anonymous because of the legal problems.

I truly hope he beats this. I really like him.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I caught the tail end of a segment today where Mark Stein said something about what Rush was going through, and I had no idea what he was talking about. As has happened many times, SF is where I find out.

I really hate that, as I hold RL in very high regard. I pray something miraculous happens and he overcomes it.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I wish him, and his family the best. He's been a powerful conservative voice in the media for a long time, a good portion of it, seemingly, on his own. I hope he manages to stick it out the way Ruth Bader-Ginsburg has. We need guys like Limbaugh as long as we can have them and as long as they can fight. Keep fighting, Rush.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like others here, Rush's announcement was a gut punch to me. I've listened to him for years, sometimes on the morning drive, sometimes during the day depending on where my job took me and if I could find out when he was on.

He was a touchstone during these years, defining and refining political discussion that was reassuring that others felt like I did.

I'll be praying for Rush daily, hope others will add their prayers for the man who has been a beacon of light in a darkening world.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Followed Mark Steyn's suggestion and sent Rush a note of prayers, appreciation, and best wishes via his website's top left "Special Notes for Rush" option.

Been a listener since his KFBK Sacramento days when I was residing in NoCal.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This guy MADE conservative talk radio.

To go even further, IMO Rush is the most influential person in conservative politics, even more so than Reagan. He took what belonged to William Buckley and George Will and gave it to the common man, without the pomp and circumstance. He gave conservatism a whole new identity, exposing the ideas to a much wider audience and IMO, paved the way for someone like Trump. To me, he is much more than a radio personality.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
President Trump to award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom

Trump also said he hoped Limbaugh would be able to attend that night's State of the Union address

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
President Trump to award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom

Well deserved.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ial-medal-of-freedom

Rush Limbaugh to attend State of the Union address, receive Presidential Medal of Freedom soon, source says

By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh is expected to attend President Trump's State of the Union address Tuesday night, where the president is to announce that Limbaugh will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom in the coming months, a source told Fox News.

The conservative radio legend told his millions of listeners Monday he was diagnosed with "advanced lung cancer" and would miss some shows in the coming days and weeks for treatment.

A specific date for the Medal of Freedom ceremony was unclear. The medal is considered one of the nation's highest civilian honors.

“Many people do not know what a great guy & fantastic political talent the great Rush Limbaugh is. There is nobody like him. Looking for a speedy recovery for our friend!,” Trump tweeted in support of the radio giant Monday evening.

“This day has been one of the most difficult days in recent memory, for me, because I’ve known this moment was coming,” the conservative media juggernaut said on his show. “I’m sure that you all know by now that I really don’t like talking about myself and I don’t like making things about me… one thing that I know, that has happened over the 31-plus years of this program is that there has been an incredible bond that had developed between all of you and me.

“So, I have to tell you something today that I wish I didn’t have to tell you," Limbaugh, 69, told his radio listeners. "It’s a struggle for me, because I had to inform my staff earlier today. I can’t help but feel that I’m letting everybody down. The upshot is that I have been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.”

Limbaugh began the “The Rush Limbaugh Show” in 1988 and has since earned a variety of awards and honors. He’s a five-time winner of the National Association of Broadcasters Marconi Award for “Excellence in Syndicated and Network Broadcasting,” a No. 1 New York Times bestselling author and a member of the Radio Hall of Fame and National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame. He also was named one of Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People in 2008 and one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2009.

Limbaugh has been named to Forbes Magazine’s 50 Most Powerful Celebrities in the United States list, received the William F. Buckley, Jr. Award for media excellence, won the “Defender of the Constitution Award” at the Conservative Political Action Conference [CPAC] in 2009 and was invited to stay in the Lincoln Bedroom of the White House by President George H. W. Bush.

He also was an honorary member of the House of Representatives Republican freshman class of 1995.

Fox News’ Brian Flood and John Roberts contributed to this report.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers:

From a Lung cancer Survivor

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I started listening to Rush about the time President Clinton entered office. I don’t get to listen as much these days but his efforts are still very valuable and greatly appreciated. Praying for his full recovery.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Rush is going to the State of the Union Address tonight!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Now I definitely will watch tonight. Thanks for the update.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

Now I definitely will watch tonight. Thanks for the update.

Screw the MSM and their coverage of the SOTU. I'll watch on Newsmax TV via Roku. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Did they say he had stage 4 cancer at the State of the Union?

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Wow, powerful moment.

Rush looked truly surprised.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Melania just awarded him the medal live at the SOTU! Rush deserves it and I pray he has a full recovery.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Rush looked truly surprised.
That was my impression as well.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Nancy couldn't bring herself to clap for Rush. Fucking whore.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post