SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Comforting to hear a friendly voice.
He sounded a little rusty first thing yesterday,
he was on full song by the end of today.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I cherish ever day he is on the air.
I just wish the country wasn't in shambles and he/we could be talkin with more optimism.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Yeah, I cherish ever day he is on the air.
I just wish the country wasn't in shambles and he/we could be talkin with more optimism.

Ditto buddy!

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
I have a certificate from Dan's Bake Sale.

Friend was there and grabbed it for me. I was out there the week before and was disappointed, so he took care of me on that. Smile

I was there too.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I don't get to listen to Rush as much as I used to due to circumstances at work, but I check his website a few times each week to read the highlights. I'm concerned that Rush hasn't hosted since February 2nd. With all that's going on in the world today, I have to think his health is really starting to fail or else he'd be sitting behind the Golden EIB microphone comforting us with his wise words. Frown

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I hope you are not correct.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think it’s inevitable that we are going to hear of Rush’s passing sometime soon and you’ll get to see the “tolerant” Left in full celebration mode in the media and on social media.

You know, the ones that constantly lecture us about “hate”?

Roll Eyes

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Rush has 'Treatment Weeks' followed by potential 'Broadcast Weeks' on a rolling schedule. I believe the definition of week is likely not fixed and dependent on how he's feeling post-treatment. Further, I sure as his condition advances, the weeks he's away from the microphone will likely grow in length.

I recall hearing that the last week or so was a 'Treatment Week' for Rush and it seems he's approaching 12 days on hiatus right now having missed 8 Broadcast Days. Also, Rush being behind the Golden EIB Microphone is dictated by how he's feeling and his opinion re: his ability to deliver the program at his high standards. I also recall Mark Stein saying something to the effect of 'Rush is having a tough time of it' recently, which could explain the 12 day absence. That said, it's not unexpected that he'll have good weeks and bad weeks, so hopefully he's experiencing minimal discomfort during the tough times.

Rush has indicated that he's already far exceeded all expectations, and been blessed with the time he's had, but regardless, his time remaining with us is in the Lords hands.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Seeing this thread show up today spooked me. Glad that nothing seems to have changed with his health.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Seeing this thread show up today spooked me. Glad that nothing seems to have changed with his health.

Sorry, just a concerned listener making an observation.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rush has indicated that he's already far exceeded all expectations, and been blessed with the time he's had, but regardless, his time remaining with us is in the Lords hands.

Yep. Every moment is a gift.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I listen every day and don't recall there being a treatment week before his recent absence.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've noticed Rush's extended absence with an increasing dread. I've lost two close friends to cancer this year (Well, 2020. It still feels like this year). They both went out similarly. They fought and remained positive until the cancer disabled them. Once they couldn't interact anymore they deteriorated exponentially until the end came. We may have heard the last of Rush on his show. I hope not but understand the inevitability given his last remarks on his state. He lived a risky lifestyle for lung cancer. I always knew this was probable but hoped it would be further down the road if at all. God bless him with peace and welcome him into His presence.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Decades long listener myself. Don’t see anyone else to fill his microphone.

All the best for him & the family. It sounds like he already made it further than estimates.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Decades long listener myself. Don’t see anyone else to fill his microphone.

All the best for him & the family. It sounds like he already made it further than estimates.

Lung cancer is horrible.

My BIL who never smoked a day in his life started to get a weird cough and tickle in his throat and went and got it checked. Lung cancer. He lasted less than a year from diagnosis to his passing. Frown

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Lung cancer is horrible.
My BIL who never smoked a day in his life started to get a weird cough and tickle in his throat and went and got it checked. Lung cancer. He lasted less than a year from diagnosis to his passing. Frown

I had an uncle (Mormon) who never smoked a day in his life get it and demanded a biopsy to see what was going on.

Turned out he worked in an aeronautical brake factory and his lungs were full of asbestos.

He also lasted about a year.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Been listening to Rush since he fall of 1992. I keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers and hope a miracle happens.

He is one of a kind.

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I tuned in late today and heard Rush talking. I felt relieved until the stand in host stopped the recording. Dread reclaimed my thoughts.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My wife and I listen everyday and yesterday we were hoping to hear his voice. No such luck. We were discussing how our dear friend Rush must really be going thru a tough time right now. It's been about 2 weeks. I say dear friend even though we have never met him. WE feel like he is part of our family. He is always in our prayers and one bit of comfort is knowing he will be with our Lord when that sad day comes.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Unless I misunderstood, when Mark Stein signed off today he said Rush returns tomorrow!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post