SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
We certainly lost a good one, RIP Rush you will certainly be missed!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I have had Paul Harvey and Rush talk to me since I was born almost 70 years ago.

I came here to say just that. Paul Harvey was getting kind of lonely up there. Two giants who are both missed today.

On a lighter note, when I first started listening to Rush in the early 90s, I used to get such a kick out of his reporting on environmental issues and he'd start it out with the Andy Williams Born Free with machine gun fire and chainsaws in the background. First time I heard it I had to pull off the road I was laughing so hard. At the time, we in Montana were getting hammered by the tree huggers and wolf reintroduction whackos, so that bit really hit home for a lot of us.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
How many can say they left their fingerprints on millions?
He lived a full life and loved truth
I'll never forget him for that!

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1308 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here is a great tribute from Tammy Bruce, lesbian, former feminist and leftist, and now ardent conservative:

quote:
Tammy Bruce

10h, 14 tweets, 3 min read
In the 90s I was a host on a talk radio station in LA, the same that aired Rush. I was president of LA NOW, & the liberal wkend host when he visited the station. He was so vilified by my then-crowd, I expected a monster. Instead, I met a remarkable, kind and encouraging man... 1/

He was gregarious & generous when we met. He shook my hand & I was shocked that he was nice & genuinely curious about my radio work and activism. I realized I was going to have a fascinating conversation 2/

There were many events during this time as a radio talk show host that changed me. It was my first job in the medium starting in 1993. My meeting Rush & our conversations made me realize the left had been lying to me about many things... 3/

Rush was not a monster, he wasn’t evil, he did not mean people harm, he wasn’t a bigot, or any of the other smears lobbed against him by my leftist associates. I liked him very much, and while we disagreed on many things (then) he was nothing has he had been painted 4/

In my conversations with him, we talked about the issues and despite the disagreements, he also took time to give me advice about hosting, style, connecting w the audience, etc. He encouraged me and gave me advice that made a huge difference in my career… 5/

He approached me and everyone else as separate individual worthy of respect and with a desire to help and inspire. Regardless of the fact that I stood for everything he stood against. It was a generosity of spirit you would never see on the left 6/

The impact of realizing that I’d been lied to about Rush was significant, but that as a conservative he represented more of what I felt was valuable & important was a revelation. He made it possible to even consider that which is what made him so dangerous to the left 7/

During this time as an activist leftist, it was talk radio, the audience, & meeting Rush Limbaugh that was the undeniable trigger making it possible for me to rethink my alliances & eventually leave the leftist establishment 8/

It wasn’t just Rush, but I’d also been lied to about conservatives in general, realizing that by speaking with callers every day who were conservative & responding fairly & w curiosity to my arguments on the air. Rush made that medium, & experience, possible 9/

My leftist associates begged me not to go into talk radio. I eventually realized they were so opposed because of what I would learn. That leftist effort to deny access to ideas & info continues w even more vitriol & punishment for those who dare to challenge leftist lies 10/

Rush created the potential of the medium, and set the tone for entertainment, analysis & education. Honest conversations open to everyone is anathema to the left which is why they’re obsessed w creating fear & the cancel culture 11/

The ugliness of the left will be seen throughout today & the days to come in response to the death of Rush, an American titan & defender of conservative values. The left is ugly & horrible but it is exactly their nature & should serve to remind you the importance of our fight 12/

The good news is, Rush not only changed our lives by helping us understand the imperative of freedom & generosity, but he now serves as an even more essential example for all of us 13/

Rush may be gone, but now it’s up to all of us to continue his commitment to our great nation. Thank you sir, for the time you took with a arrogant & smug LA leftist feminist, one of the millions of lives you changed for the better.

Link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We lost one of the great ones. I use Yahoo to drill into a couple of sites each morning over coffee. Ironically his passing doesn't even rate a mention there.

Posts: 1963 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rush was not a monster, he wasn’t evil, he did not mean people harm, he wasn’t a bigot, or any of the other smears lobbed against him by my leftist associates. I liked him very much, and while we disagreed on many things (then) he was nothing has he had been painted

As with Tammy Bruce learning the lies about Rush, those same lies also apply to his fans and followers.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
We lost one of the great ones. I use Yahoo to drill into a couple of sites each morning over coffee. Ironically his passing doesn't even rate a mention there.

Rush knew what would happen upon his passing, but he was a special kind of brave that could endure what they will do to him and his legacy.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 90's somewhere my dad kept telling me about this guy on the radio named Rush Limbaugh that I needed to listen to. It was a busy time for me and I really did not listen to the radio much but I gave him a try. I was hooked. Been listening when I could ever since.

Yeah, he was like a family member. In fact, my wife had tears in her eyes most of the day yesterday. He will be missed.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One of the best friends I ever had yet I never met the man. Stumbled onto Rushs show back in 1993 and tried to never miss it. Thanks for a tremendous education Rush.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Michael Ramirez's classy memorial to Rush:

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Premiere Broadcasting has decided there will not be a replacement for Rush, there will be Rush reruns “until the audience gets tired of Rush”.
Guest hosts, likely Mark Steyn, Todd Herman, and Ken Matthews will introduce segments.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but that is not something I would listen to. I’d rather have live commentary—if it’s from someone of the quality of Mark Steyn—than dated (even if witty and incisive) leftovers from our dead hero.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yeah I agree. Sorry, I likely won't listen to a minute of that. Give me Mark Steyn, please.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t know about the rest of you, but that is not something I would listen to. I’d rather have live commentary—if it’s from someone of the quality of Mark Steyn—than dated (even if witty and incisive) leftovers from our dead hero.

I agree completely.
I was hoping to hear today that Mark Steyn was the heir to the EIB golden microphone.
Bummer...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Premiere Broadcasting has decided there will not be a replacement for Rush, there will be Rush reruns “until the audience gets tired of Rush”.
Guest hosts, likely Mark Steyn, Todd Herman, and Ken Matthews will introduce segments.

Doc,
If I may ask, where did this come from?

And like others here, I don't want any part of that. The little bit I did listen to today with Todd Herman hosting left me cold sorry to say.

Wonder if there is some viable way to let PremierNetworks.com know, along with Snerdy (https://www.facebook.com/BoSnerdley/ -- I'm not a FB user) and Kathryn that this is the WRONG tact to take.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
No one can replace Rush and many will listen for many a year to come. You might be surprised yourselves. As most know only the names regularly change not the messages.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Here’s the link, from the WSJ: Link

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to believe Limbaugh would leave without setting up a way for the legacy he built to continue in some form.

In this thread, I suggest an expanded bench of subs carrying on, each day a fresh take on current events. Some subs will spin their wheels, some would shine but the framework already exists to keep this party going. There is no reason the EIB couldn't continue to thrive.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
That's surprising, and disappointing. I figured there would be a successor; maybe Mark Steyn, maybe someone else. But, as good as Rush was, recycling his broadcasts is not the way to go.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Here’s the link, from the WSJ: Link

Thanks Doc.

But color me skeptical as I don't trust the WSJ let alone others like the NYTimes.

I'll wait to hear direct from Kathryn, Bo, or some other reputable source. I agree with Ripley that this sure doesn't seem a path Rush would endorse.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post