SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speedmaster or Submariner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speedmaster or Submariner? Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're happy, showpro!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
You guys are making me look at watches again! I'm 50/50 on picking up an IWC Ingenieur.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
VERY coincidentally, I believe I'll be ordering a new Speedy today. In fact, I really want/wanted the no-date Sub. But I cannot get past those wide lugs and the lost graceful transition to the bracelet. The watch is amazing, but there's no question to me that was a design misstep.

Rolex is capable of design missteps for sure (read: the Explorer 39 with the lack of lume on the numerals and the short hands --- all fixed on the current model). I'd bought that previous thinking "Rolex must be right on this, and I'll get used to it".
They weren't (and admitted it with the fix), and I sold it at a healthy loss. In fact, I may have to re-enter Rolex ownership with the new Exp39 as it is all fixed up. And you cannot argue the amazing quality of the watch. The bracelet is better than any Rolex I'd ever owned in the past. Any watch I'd ever owned even.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Here it is, just a Nexus phone pic:

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Enjoy.

Michael

Posts: 1137 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
That is stunning. I'm deeply envious.

Posts: 2654 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I love the blue face. I had to add some blue to my collection a couple weeks ago. Smile

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm also a fan of the blues.. Congrats on that beauty and love the leather band also!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I'm also a fan of the blues.. Congrats on that beauty and love the leather band also!

Thanks! I'm thinking of also buying the titanium bracelet. But the leather band is growing on me. It has an awesome clasp that puts like zero stress on the leather. Should last a looooong time.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
ShneaSIG the DateJust is beautiful!

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
quote:

Thanks! I'm thinking of also buying the titanium bracelet. But the leather band is growing on me. It has an awesome clasp that puts like zero stress on the leather. Should last a looooong time.

Leather looks gorgeous, but man, it sucks when it's hot and humid! All of mine are on metal bracelets.

-ShneaSIG

Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I need to see if I can find a dealer that can sell me one at a discount. The Omega Boutique price is ridiculous.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Beautiful watch, congrats!

I need to take a picture of the watch I got a few weeks ago and post it up. Not quite the same level as yours, but I love it and get compliments routinely.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
ShneaSIG the DateJust is beautiful!

Thanks! It's the 41mm "Datejust II" - more contemporary proportions, same amazing watch.

If I were to just own 1 watch, it would be my 36mm Datejust.

-ShneaSIG

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I need to see if I can find a dealer that can sell me one at a discount. The Omega Boutique price is ridiculous.

It's crazy how spendy the OEM bracelets can be, but sports watches need a bracelet!

-ShneaSIG

Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Thanks, HuskySig! Post the pic!

Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

It's crazy how spendy the OEM bracelets can be, but sports watches need a bracelet!

The titanium is especially spendy.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I've switched a little while ago to the leather. Way more comfortable and lightweight. The metal is attractive but just doesn't do it for me...

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
SCHWEEET!! Nice pickup. Cool

quote:
Here it is, just a Nexus phone pic:

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post