SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Speedmaster or Submariner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speedmaster or Submariner? Login/Join 
Cursed be he who moves my bones!
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
They have a quartz version, you mean?

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at a Seiko Marine Master?

Quality equal to Rolex, 1/3 the price, but the dial is not sapphire, although there is a sapphire crystal available.

Seiko's top tier is VERY high quality.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
No, but that's a nice looking watch.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
They have a quartz version, you mean?

https://www.swisswatchexpo.com...GqvCnE5owaAhYa8P8HAQ

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
The Rolex is a lot classier watch. If you want a watch with a busy dial like the Omega, I'd go for a Breitling over an Omega every day of the week.

Having looked at the current offers from Breitling all I can say is they've gone completely ghetto. Giant faces with lots 'O bling seems to be the thing. Both Rolex and Omega are quite understated in comparison.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
The Rolex is a lot classier watch. If you want a watch with a busy dial like the Omega, I'd go for a Breitling over an Omega every day of the week.

Having looked at the current offers from Breitling all I can say is they've gone completely ghetto. Giant faces with lots 'O bling seems to be the thing. Both Rolex and Omega are quite understated in comparison.

And speaking of overpriced, they seem to think they're ETA movements are far more precious than everyone else's. That's before noticing there's another price for the strap and another price for a tang buckle.

Posts: 4426 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Breitling? No, thanks.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I am not generally a fan of chronographs, but the Speedmaster looks good. So many are so busy and crowded.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53238 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, but that's a nice looking watch.

Another high bang for the buck watch brand is Sinn.

You might benefit from checking them out.

Some day I will buy a Seiko Marine Master.

I currently own a couple Rolex - Sub Date 16800 and a Yacht-Master. Had a two tone Daytona with the new movement, but sold it because gold isn't my thing.

Posts: 2844 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Follow your heart and get your grail, you won't regret it. Also, there is a no date Sub to be had. Check in at Rolex Forums, they have solid sellers. JHE is even a member there.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Follow your heart and get your grail, you won't regret it.

That is the best answer without a doubt, if you settle you will regret it.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3645 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
I think I'm gonna go with that titanium and blue Speedmaster. The steel speedys and the steel submariners will always be around. The titanium/blue speedy is an unusual find at that price, I think.

Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Ordered it. Ships tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get it.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ordered it. Ships tomorrow. I'll post pics when I get it.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Very cool! Enjoy!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I'm gonna go with that titanium and blue Speedmaster. The steel speedys and the steel submariners will always be around. The titanium/blue speedy is an unusual find at that price, I think.

Excellent choice!

As an aside I really wanted an Omega "space watch" back in the day but on a married junior officer's pay simply couldn't swing it. WSent with a Seiko that had a similar look (this in 1975). later in life discovered the LeMania 5100 movement and Sinn watches. Love 'em!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the Steinhart website. Look at the Nav B Chrono stainless with the blue hands and black face. Had one for several yrs. I intalled brown leather strap. Has ETA 7750 movement. Great price for eta chrono movement. I bought mine for around 800.00 a few years ago when the Euro was down compared to dollar. Great luminescence. Shipped from Germany no problem Make sure to deduct big european tax when figuring price then convert euro to dollar. My attempt to post picture not workable.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of showpro
posted Hide Post
Showed up this morning at 9:30 AM. I gasped when I saw it. The pictures, even from Omega, didn't do it justice. Really beautiful. I'll try to take my own pics and do a better job.

And it's flawless. Like a brand new one. With 1.5 years of the original warranty left.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Showed up this morning at 9:30 AM. I gasped when I saw it. The pictures, even from Omega, didn't do it justice. Really beautiful. I'll try to take my own pics and do a better job.

And it's flawless. Like a brand new one. With 1.5 years of the original warranty left.

Congrats dude! Way to go.

Posts: 11432 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congrats man. I'm envious.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Outstanding! I love it when a good plan comes together!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post