SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
^^^
That is the standard uniform for the coming hootenanny. Cool

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nice shotgun!

It appears that things are heating up a bit all over.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Here in Wis. thousands of people in need of medical attention are going without as the hospitals were told to cancel most everything and prepare for the CV onslaught. It hasn't happened. 2500 cases statewide and of those 400 required a hospital stay. 46% of those are in one city , Milwaukee. The hospitals are empty. Our complete ass of a governor makes Biden seem smart. This whole thing has been as mistake as far as shutdown has been a huge mistake.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Even the rich and famous can't catch a break: Tom Brady was thrown out of park by a Tampa recreation worker

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Good point. Though if I were a user of the park or part of the nonprofit, I'd be way tempted to call the City office and say, "you made this mess, you come clean it up." Or I'd send the city an invoice for the time spent by others cleaning up the sand.

Please don't take this as slagging all City employees, but more than once I have marveled at folks who appear to have no clue or care using nice newish shiny equipment. I could easily see a city employee coming with a loader to dig out the sand and tearing the living crud out of the concrete skate park in the process. The invoice sounds like a *much* better idea, but I doubt that they'd ever see a dime.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
De Blasio’s social distancing tip line flooded with penis photos, Hitler memes

"Mayor Bill de Blasio’s critics let him know how they really felt about him ordering New Yorkers to snitch on each other for violating social-distancing rules — by flooding his new tip line with crank complaints including “dick pics” and people flipping the bird, The Post has learned.

Photos of extended middle fingers, the mayor dropping the Staten Island groundhog and news coverage of him going to the gym have all been texted to a special tip line that de Blasio announced Saturday, according to screenshots posted on Twitter."

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Apparently Pittsburgh did a San Clemente, personally, they should've dropped off more sand at the city hall.

quote:
Was sand dumping at Pittsburgh City Hall in retaliation to shuttered skateboard park?

Someone dumped sand in a revolving door at Pittsburgh’s City Hall Thursday night, hours after city officials reported that a public works crew put sand in a shuttered neighborhood skateboard park to prevent repeated break-ins.

Public Safety spokesman Chris Togneri said police were investigating the sand dumping in a doorway at the Grant Street entrance to the City-County Building, Downtown. He declined to comment on the possibility that the two incidents were related, citing an ongoing investigation.

It’s unclear whether the dumping was captured by city cameras.

Public Works Director Mike Gable on Thursday afternoon said a crew dumped sand into a skateboard park in Polish Hill to stop kids from breaking in and skating. The facility has been closed, along with other city recreational facilities, to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. Gable said people were cutting a lock and jumping a fence to get in.

The news produced criticism from social media posters, who called the move unwarranted.

Someone on Craigslist Pittsburgh advertised free sand at the Polish Hill park for “sandboxes, gardening, or to stage a reenactment of ‘Raising Arizona.’ ”

“About the sand,” it said. “I left it in a public park so we can remain socially distant. All the sand you can haul is at Polish Hill Skate Park. Grab it 24/7 and go. I’ll take this post down when it’s gone.”

Pittsburgh took its cue from California, which dumped tons of sand into a San Clemente skate park to keep people out, but that didn’t deter the dirt bike riders.

https://triblive.com/local/pit...red-skateboard-park/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Apparently Pittsburgh did a San Clemente, personally, they should've dropped off more sand at the city hall.

[QUOTE]Was sand dumping at Pittsburgh City Hall in retaliation to shuttered skateboard park?

Someone dumped sand in a revolving door at Pittsburgh’s City Hall Thursday night, hours after city officials reported that a public works crew put sand in a shuttered neighborhood skateboard park to prevent repeated break-ins.

Bravo Zulu! Cool

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
It appears that some of the elected officials of PA have finally grown a set and are defying the Queen of PA & his pet trannys ridiculous lockdown orders.

Yesterday several county DAs, including the DA of the county that the state capital is in, have issued statements saying they will not prosecute citizens for violating lockdown orders, or any businesses for reopening in defiance of the lockdown.

The state senators of several districts and some county commissioners have also declared that their counties are lifting lockdown restrictions & businesses will be opening at least on a limited basis.

Yesterday evening two county sheriffs issued statements declaring the lockdown orders unconstitutional, and have stated they will refuse to enforce them.

This is probably just the beginning & I'm sure we'll hear from more counties today or Monday.

Good times!

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday several county DAs, including the DA of the county that the state capital is in, have issued statements saying they will not prosecute citizens for violating lockdown orders, or any businesses for reopening in defiance of the lockdown.

It's about time somebody started to stand up against these dictators. Good for them!

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The health department has turned out to be the real gestapo in most places. They will make sure that anyplace that opens early will get their business license and tax ID yanked.

The “save one life” dimwits are bypassing calling LE because they know that the health department have no rules and are controlled by lefties.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Our Secretary of Health is a transvestite. I have a hard time taking any medical advice seriously that comes from a doctor who cuts his dick off, then declares he's a woman.
Eye bleach warning!
https://www.google.com/search?...ne&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Colorado restaurants face government response to their opening of dining in. The restaurants mentioned are only a couple of the ones who have violated the order and reopened. Note that the Governor has exempted restaurants in Denver International Airport and hospital restaurants to allow dine in.

Officials moving forward with cease-and-desist order for Colorado restaurants that re-opened

By: Ryan Osborne Posted at 1:49 PM, May 07, 2020 and last updated 1:49 PM, May 07, 2020

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — The El Paso County Health Department on Thursday said it was moving forward with a cease-and-desist order for two restaurants that re-opened this week in violation of the statewide safer-at-home order.

Karen's Kafe and Stephanie's Bar and Grill, both owned by Karen Starr, re-opened in Calhan on Wednesday morning.

"We didn’t do this to break the law. We didn’t do it to be malicious," Starr told Denver7 on Wednesday. "(The closure) was supposed to be two weeks, then another two weeks, then another two weeks."

While restaurants have been allowed to offer pickup and delivery, no date has been set for when they can resume in-restaurant dining. The cease-and-desist order hadn't been officially issued as of Thursday afternoon.

Starr, a Colorado Army National Guard veteran, said she's lost more than 90% of her sales since the dining room was forced to close. She said to-go orders bring in just 10% of a normal day's take.

The restaurant owner said the state's decision on which businesses get to reopen and which one don't make some small business owners feel like second-class citizens.

Starr said every time the governor loosens the order, it's to help big business.

"There's no end to, 'Oh well, now the movie theaters and this place and that place can open, but forget about you little places,'" she said. "Well, what makes anybody better than anybody else? We're still Americans fighting for our freedom to take care of our family, and when I say family, that's me, and that's them. It's the people who come in here and depend on us to be their extended family for a place to eat."

ETA: governor's order exemptions

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The health department has turned out to be the real gestapo in most places.

Yup, and health “authorities” at all levels are the ones who are actually driving most of the measures that are being so damaging to the economy and personal lives. As I keep saying, the desire to influence other people, i.e., make them do what we want them to, is probably the strongest human motivator there is. People in health departments usually don’t have such power, but in this crisis they’ve found that they’ve been given it, and they like it.

As I also pointed out before, something I discovered a few years ago when the idea of a serious pandemic was being considered and exercised, no one had given any real thought to how quarantines would be imposed, and much less to what they would mean. Now, to our pain and dismay, we are seeing the results of giving that power to people who have no good idea of how and why to impose things like quarantines.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
People in health departments usually don’t have such power, but in this crisis they’ve found that they’ve been given it, and they like it.

^^^^^^^
I am sure they like the power. Prior to the quarantine they did have considerable power with health violations. With the quarantine it is almost lifted to the level that the IRS possesses.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this has been addressed in any of the Wuhan fu threads, but it is interesting that Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Virginia are chief offenders as far as over-reaching states. These three states were the crucial battleground states in the 2016 presidential election, Michigan and Pennsylvania being Trump's most important ones.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I kind of get ruining the economies to make people dependent on the govt teat, therefore voting for more handouts. What does infuriating a good bit of your population do?

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
What does infuriating a good bit of your population do?

It depends on how much of the population is a “good bit.” Whatever else may be motivating these measures besides a sincere—however misguided—effort to do right, some of the political motive may be precisely that: to infuriate part of the population and prompt those people to push back. And if the pushback becomes obvious and forceful enough, that can increase the divisiveness that the Left in particular has been promoting for years.

If I were an old, vulnerable veteran suffering the effects of Agent Orange exposure who saw that some people won’t do things such as wearing masks to help avoid infecting me with the disease, I may start asking who they are. If a politician comes along with the answer that only right wing extremists care so little about my health that they won’t inconvenience themselves even to that extent, perhaps I could be influenced to drop my traditional support for conservatives and follow all the earnest young leftists who tell me I should vote for the Democrats.

The fact is that creating divisions within society has often been an effective way of increasing and hardening the support for one faction. In 2016 that (may have) backfired on the Democrats, but it’s probably succeeded more often than it’s failed. German Nazis used that tactic during their rise to power: demonize the Jewish and other parts of the population, and the rest are more likely to vote for and otherwise support those doing the demonizing. That was the classic example of that tactic, but there have been literally countless others throughout history. One that continues to this day is the effort to eliminate our gun rights. Those efforts prompt some of us to fight back, but as long as we’re in the minority and a majority believes they’re in danger of being gunned down in the streets, the stronger that belief, the better.

In this case, though, I’m not sure whether infuriating part of the population is a deliberate political move or just clueless bumbling. It may be some of both.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't assume everyone is infuriated. If I have learned one thing during this fiasco - it is that there is a frightening number of Americans who are more than willing to surrender individual (and collective) liberties and freedoms in exchange for the veil of safety and security.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, our good little Comrade outlawed protests in New York-

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...tests-allowed-in-nyc

Somewhere here on S/F there's a meme about "we haven't tar-n-feathered politicians in a while, and it shows".
So true!

I hope New Yorkers wake the hell up!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post