SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Glad to read this, Boss. Great news!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Great news, LBJ!

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Truly wonderful news, lbj!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Been a rough go recently but I seem to be OK now.

Last March I ended up with a nasty bout of cellulitis in my right leg and was hospitalized for a week. They had a hard time controlling it with infused antibiotics but eventually they got it under control.

Then I had a CT scan right after the hospitalization and it showed a spread of benign tumors in my lower abdomen with regard to the lymph system.

Got re-scanned in June and it showed those getting smaller so they withdrew the benign tumors thing and attributed it to lymph system drainage from the previous cellulitis in the leg, so that's good.

Cancer still present everywhere but still held in place and no further spread.

Therefore, back to the same old same old.

I think my last infusion was number 177 or 176. It's hard to keep track at this point.

I'll just keep on praising God and the chips can fall where they may. Big Grin

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This thread is over 7 years old. Keep fighting the good fight LBJ!

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Great to see you post Lbj. Sorry about the rough go but glad to hear you are better now. Keep on keeping on brother. You are an amazing example to all here. Your courage, attitude and faith are truly inspiring. Keep it up brother. Continued prayers.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hard to keep the tough old baby down. God Bless you. And Happy Independence Day, lbj.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see you and glad you're still fighting.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Last March I ended up with a nasty bout of cellulitis in my right leg and was hospitalized for a week. They had a hard time controlling it with infused antibiotics but eventually they got it under control.
Big Grin

Glad they got it under control, LBJ. I learned about cellulitis the hard way years ago when I failed to properly treat a bug bite on my ankle. I noticed a red area around the bite on a Friday afternoon. By Sunday morning, I was at the emergency room with a 2" wide red streak up my entire leg.

Keep on fighting!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Keep on keeping on, lbj.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You sure have been through a lot. Do you take vitamin D3? Here is a video of Dr. Holick that would be called the father of vitamin D3 due to his 40 years in studying vitamin D3.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Stay strong lbj! Diet good, stress low, sleep a lot, keep the blood moving, lots of water, smiles and laughs, and keep the big man close.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6968 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest video by Dr. Berg on certain genes that can affect the absorption of vitamin D3.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Great news. That cellulitis is no joke, I spent four days in the hospital with it in my lower leg about fifteen years ago.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about you LBJ, hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Well I will certainly "second" that! Merry Christmas LBJ !!!

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Not the greatest update here but I had a fairly decent sized stroke and the doctors are baffled I am doing as well as I am. Therefore once again, The Almighty God gets the credit.

The doctors are calling me the luckiest person on the planet. But I say blessed.

They say I should have paralysis and I don't.
They say I should have slurred speech and I don't.
They say I should have major vision problems and I don't.

I had this stroke 2.5 weeks ago while sleeping. I was getting some nice feeling head rushes in my brain while dreaming and woke up as those faded and then I had a headache worse than the two headed boy at the circus ever had.

I didn't have any other symptoms so I waited 2 days to go to the ER as the headache would not abate.

CAT scan showed the stroke and they feared the kidney cancer may have spread to the brain and or a mass was present. An MRI showed neither but I did have some blood spots.
My head still feels like some lead weights are present on my brain on the right side of my head kid of upward of my ear and towards the right side rear of my head.

The symptoms I do notice are colors are faded about 30% especially greens and grays.
Also I seem to have trouble recognizing faces some, especially on TV and in person, sometimes it takes a half second or more to recognize someone if I was wasn't expecting them to approach me.

The doctors say it should have been so much worse given the location and size of the stroke on the scans.

I get exhausted easily mentally and physically so I will end this post:

Praise God Almighty early and often!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad you're still with us!
Considering this thread is over 8 years old, I'd say you're a mighty blessed man!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you weathered the stroke so well. I hope for continued recovery.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Wishing you the best, take care.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post