SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I am happy for you. For me, every day is a gift.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8532 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I was thinking just now about an old saying:
We all have our time in the sun.

For many years I have assumed that I did have my time in the sun and that that part is over.
But no, my time in the sun was never in the past, not a single minute.

All of the the changes in my life the last six years like returning to the Lord, my health problems and miracles therein, the grandchildren, good finances, old age, all of these things surely is my time in the sun.

Thank you Lord for the revelation.

It is truly amazing the things God allows us to see and do when he is first. Enjoy the sunlight and gather your smiles and Love.

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking just now about an old saying:
We all have our time in the sun.

For many years I have assumed that I did have my time in the sun and that that part is over.
But no, my time in the sun was never in the past, not a single minute.

Plenty of folks on Sig Forum are happy you're still around and maintaining your tan........

Posts: 136 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
May God continue to shed his light on you Lbj. So great to hear. Keep on, keeping on brother!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
3 weeks ago I had another CT scan and no spread seen, as well as no advancement in sizing of existing ones, so all good.

Blood tests etc all more of the same the last several years.

Plus I had another pacemaker check and no usage, battery still at 100% since a couple of months it was put in over 5.5 years ago.
The battery life is shorter but that is only because of the length of time that has passed.

Pretty amazing things still happening.

Praise God!

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31427 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Praise God, indeed!

Q

Posts: 26447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Good News !

Posts: 1352 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Every once in a while I go back to page 1 of this thread and remind myself that it started back in 2016.

God bless, my friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12344 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of the the changes in my life the last six years like returning to the Lord, my health problems and miracles therein, the grandchildren, good finances, old age, all of these things surely is my time in the sun.

I am happy for you that you've come to the place of seeing these are the good old days.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Great news, Tom! What’s happening with your cars nowadays? I remember a special order Mustang…Shelby? Seems like you had another car that was pretty special as well. Still enjoying driving?

Posts: 13294 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
3 weeks ago I had another CT scan and no spread seen, as well as no advancement in sizing of existing ones, so all good.

Blood tests etc all more of the same the last several years.

Plus I had another pacemaker check and no usage, battery still at 100% since a couple of months it was put in over 5.5 years ago.
The battery life is shorter but that is only because of the length of time that has passed.

Pretty amazing things still happening.

Praise God!

This is great news, glad to see a positive update!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37992 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Every once in a while I go back to page 1 of this thread and remind myself that it started back in 2016.

God bless, my friend.

This is the sort of positive I appreciate in this thread and forum in general. Thank you!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12436 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the good news!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LBJ

Great news I’ve been following this thread for sometime. You are a inspiration to use old farts with health problems. You never quit, you just keep on kicking. Smile

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the positive report!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I so enjoy hearing great news, congratulations LBJ! It sounds like your strong constitution to fight your health problems along with top medical care have won out. Great news re your whole family!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7110 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Lbj. Keep rocking it and yes. Praise God!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19223 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
That's great news! What a blessing!

I've been following all of the twists and turns since the beginning nearly 7 years ago. An amazing an inspirational journey. Thank you for sharing with us.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23306 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Great news!

Posts: 1956 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Fantastic news!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post