SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Glad you are still kicking! I don't post a lot but I always read your updates.



"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson
 
Posts: 1611 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
May God Bless
 
Posts: 12267 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about you in that thread about members we haven't heard from in a long time.

Great see you posting


_______________________________________________________
And no, junior not being able to hold still for 5 seconds is not a disability.



 
Posts: 13184 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Great to read your post Lbj. Prayers sent. Keep rocking it brother.



"Practice like you want to play in the game"
 
Posts: 21941 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Always glad to see you post a good update!




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 18857 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cope:


If you (or others in the medical field) have the time and inclination to share info about "the new improved pacemaker"


The new pacemaker is a Medtronic MRI SureScan DTPA2QQ Cardiac ReSynchronization Therapy Defribillator.

About all I know is it's a 4 wire system pacing both sides of my heart where the old Boston Scientific one I had was a 2 wire system pacing only one side of my heart.


____________________________________________________
New and improved super concentrated me:
Proud rebel, heretic, and Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal.


There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

 
Posts: 31479 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
quote:
Originally posted by Cope:


If you (or others in the medical field) have the time and inclination to share info about "the new improved pacemaker"


The new pacemaker is a Medtronic MRI SureScan DTPA2QQ Cardiac ReSynchronization Therapy Defribillator.

About all I know is it's a 4 wire system pacing both sides of my heart where the old Boston Scientific one I had was a 2 wire system pacing only one side of my heart.


Thank you kindly for taking the time to share this info. Mom sent me a photo of the scar near her collar bone, and I cannot imagine you enduring that without general anesthesia. Frown


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1924 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Seems we can endure more that we think we can when one's life is on the line.

That's how it was with me.

A couple times during the 3 hour surgery all I could think of was "are we there yet"?


____________________________________________________
New and improved super concentrated me:
Proud rebel, heretic, and Oneness Apostolic Pentecostal.


There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

 
Posts: 31479 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Seems we can endure more that we think we can when one's life is on the line.

That's how it was with me.

A couple times during the 3 hour surgery all I could think of was "are we there yet"?

Ain't that the truth. Glad your ticker is still ticking Tom!




"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995
 
Posts: 18048 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:


I am amazed at how quickly ten years rolls on down the river. Simultaneously, I bet it has been a lengthy decade for you. Still astonished by your durability.


----------------------------
Time Makes Us Wise.

 
Posts: 1924 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Hi Boss! So great to hear from you!


-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
 
Posts: 9117 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Glad you checked in, Tom, and really happy to read that you’re doing alright. Sorry you had to had to endure a conscious pacemaker surgery, but it sounds like whatever they gave you to bite on was all you needed Wink


_______________________________________________________
despite them
 
Posts: 14948 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cope:


The new pacemaker is a Medtronic MRI SureScan DTPA2QQ Cardiac ReSynchronization Therapy Defribillator.

About all I know is it's a 4 wire system pacing both sides of my heart where the old Boston Scientific one I had was a 2 wire system pacing only one side of my heart.


When I had my OHS in 2013 they placed 2 pacing wires in my heart with the wires dangling from my chest. I "crashed" once and they had to pace me - felt like a ball-peen hammer hitting my heart 65 times a minute. Lasted 1 day. When I was discharged they pulled those wires out, similar to pulling a catheter out of my weiner. Felt good and bad at the same time......
 
Posts: 226 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)

© SIGforum 2026