SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 158 159 160 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, brother.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11126 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Remarkable; I've kept up with this thread over the years and can only conclude you've got more reasons to live than die-and I hope it stays and you enjoy life and respectable health until then.

Posts: 5774 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The neurologist ran some tests and the echo cardiogram showed a clot or a vegetant on one of the wires that plug into my heart from the pacemaker. No hole in my heart though.

I was hospitalized last Thursday through Saturday.

I had some Tee something test where a camera went down my throat to look at the back of my heart at said wires.

While it confirmed the echo cardiogram results, it is still undetermined whether it's a clot or a vegetant from a blood infection.

Whatever it is, it's an instant stoke if it beaks loose.

I'm now on a blood thinner called Eloquis and we will see if this thing dsisolves over the next couple months.

If it doesn't dissolve, they will have to remove the pacemaker and wires to remove it.

Ugh.

Anyway, nothing to do but praise God in the meantime and wait.
And I am fine with that.
The Lord is good.

When I was in the MRI 3 or 4 weeks ago, this song was playing.

It's the piano version of Here I Am To Worship.
Enjoy.
https://www.bing.com/videos/ri...15DCCFC&&FORM=VRDGAR

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Hope is dissolves/resolves itself quickly, Tom

quote:
A Vegetant is a term used in medical contexts to describe a type of benign tumor or growth that resembles vegetation. It can occur in various parts of the body, such as the skin, blood vessels, or sinuses.

I sure didn’t know.

Posts: 13381 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's the piano version of Here I Am To Worship.
Enjoy.
https://www.bing.com/videos/ri...15DCCFC&&FORM=VRDGAR

Beautiful. So calming. Thank you.

Posts: 27024 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a TEE procedure prior to a Cardioversion last fall. Had a sore for a while afterwards.

I have been on Eliquis since then and told I will probably be on it for the rest of my life. I am at elevated risk of stroke because of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and AFib.

Your faith had joyful attitude inspire me.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
Tom, you are truly a remarkable human being.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18040 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
The marvels of modern science. I hope it resolves with the blood thinner.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5407 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Gee, I'm only one pill away from having to get a daily pill organizer for all my medications.

Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I'm at two organizers; morning and evening. But it also includes vitamins & supplements.

You'll know you've reached the 'big time' when you have the organizer with four rows - morning, afternoon, dinner & bedtime. Big Grin Eek

Posts: 9098 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, my friend.

Posts: 45436 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday lbj

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23422 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday!

Posts: 27024 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
Never thought I'd make it to 69 but here I am.

Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Happy Belated Birthday, Boss.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8573 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Another belated birthday wish!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post