SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way, lbj.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12187 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Saw this a few days ago and was hoping it'd turn out to be nothing. This certainly isn't the update I expected or wanted. Can't imagine what you're going through, but I know you have a good outlook and wonderful wife to help you through whatever comes.

I'm confident that you'll have good news for us soon when after your next appointment.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this. Prayers sent to renew your strength.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6995 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Geez, I am stunned by the incredible numbers of members posting support.

Thanks.

I thought most had forgotten me from the way back time when I was more active here on the site with Admin duties.

Wow.
You offered support through a few bad times and I never forgot it. Even way back when I first came aboard here you were good to me. You went to bat for me when I got ripped off in the classifieds that one time and you just sent emails of encouragement when I had "one of those days".

You're not exactly forgettable. Smile

Posts: 45438 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Geez, I am stunned by the incredible numbers of members posting support.

Thanks.

I thought most had forgotten me from the way back time when I was more active here on the site with Admin duties.

Wow.
You offered support through a few bad times and I never forgot it. Even way back when I first came aboard here you were good to me. You went to bat for me when I got ripped off in the classifieds that one time and you just sent emails of encouragement when I had "one of those days".

You're not exactly forgettable. Smile

I remember those Admin Duty days as well. I totally agree with Mark. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7664 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
lbj,

I'm still a mere neophyte in this forum, but know that you are very highly revered by all of us here. Prayers are with you and yours, my friend.

And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power...to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. - Mark 16:15
And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up... - James 5:15

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the news, prayers already sent your way.

Posts: 1845 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:

How many people remember this:

And now, for the rest of the story Big Grin :

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about our trouble, my sincere hopes and prayers for your coming out if it in good shape.

Posts: 2402 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a full recovery and no pain.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That girl kicked me off that bench too.

I had the brain and upper chest scans this afternoon.
I got a bit emotional during the scans themselves in the sense of praying during the procedure and all sorts of thoughts going through my mind.
I had a tear fall out of each eye from the outside corners during the process.

The scan only lasted about 10 minutes but it seemed time stood still while thoughts filled my head. I was thinking about me, thinking about my family, and praying for us all.

I have a bone scan tomorrow and then Thursday we will get the results.

I also saw the doctor who will be doing the hernia repair after the kidney is removed and he told me how that will go. I will get some sort of mesh put in.

We talked a bit about the cancer and he said it is encouraging in the sense that the kidney mass being so long in place and not finding much in the way of spreading in the first scan that if 10 years old, the mass attached to my kidney may be encapsulated and to hope for that.

All but the bone scan is done, so it is make or break time regarding what is found or not found.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
You'll be fine. We all can't be wrong.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Hoping those head and chest scans come back clear lbj.....stay strong, prayers inbound.

Posts: 3126 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Today has been an emotional one, more so than yesterday.

Yesterday was the shock and acceptance day, today is the day it all hits home in the sense of the possible ramifications for me and my family.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31433 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear lbj, prayers out to you. You will make it through.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
uber-geek
Picture of rwdflynavy
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your family LBJ!

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." ~George Mason

chartprepping.com Retirement Planning and Random Musings from a Military Perspective

Posts: 3391 | Location: Big Lick Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hang in there lbj.

Sending as many good vibes as possible your way.

Posts: 2491 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post

Smile

Posts: 45438 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMan226
posted Hide Post
Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping that it's contained/encapsulated in the kidney only.

"Don't say a prayer for me now, save it til' the morning after".

Posts: 464 | Location: O.C. SoCal | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post