SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear the new and if it helps ease your mind into the future, having a nephrectomy typically resolves the cancer issue. You'll have necessary follow up care however the surgery itself takes care of the problem and there are very little impacts on your lifestyle besides the obvious things that might put your remaining kidney at risk.

Posts: 4254 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Best wishes sir.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Dang, I hope it's local and loosing the kidney takes it all. Prayers sent for you.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10993 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better lucky than good
Picture of r2mach1
posted Hide Post
Wow sorry to hear about the bad news! Stay strong, thoughts & prayers heading your way.

Class III FFL/SOT firearms dealer

Posts: 3645 | Location: Fort Morgan, Colorado | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I hope you have a speedy cancer free recovery, LBJ.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34419 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis---Stay Positive and Stay as Calm as possible
Prayer has been said for you and your Medical Team...

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Damn. Not what we were hoping for. Still better to know than not and certainly glad you're getting it taken care of now.

Prayers inbound for a speedy recovery.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16317 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Well damn. Not what I was hoping to hear.

Good luck, LBJ, take it one day at a time.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8887 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Tumors found "incidentally" and without symptoms are typically less aggressive by nature, have a better prognosis and easier to treat.

Let's Pray for one of those and that it is confined to the kidneys.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

On a bright note, my pulmonologist had to reschedule some appointments last year. It turns out he had kidney cancer and had it removed. He's doing fine now.

We'll hope for the best!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure hope things turn out OK for you LBJ.

Posts: 13117 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I hope the upcoming CT scans are clear. My prayers and best wishes for successful treatment.

Posts: 2694 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear these results. I will pray for clear scans of your upper chest and head.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear the results, prayers sent for a successful outcome.

Posts: 4567 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping you join the ever growing number of cancer survivors. Modern medicine can do wonders.

Posts: 2556 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear your test results. Hope things go well with your further scans and with your treatment.

Posts: 15157 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Hoping for a full recovery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
lbj, My prayers for a speedy recovery.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6167 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to reading "kidney removed, all clear" asap.

Posts: 13843 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this and our prayers are with you and your family.

Posts: 2095 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post