SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59)
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 161
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I also went to the ER recently and... (Bad News Bears pages 4, 37) (Bad Ass Family Photo page 49) (CT Scan Update page 59) Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
LBJ -

You and your family are in my thoughts. I wish for you the best possible outcome and look forward to reading about your recovery.

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My prayers for you and your family. Kick this things ass.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers inbound.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you think you're going into an MRI screening at any point, take along a pair of the Surefire earplugs. VASTLY superior to the foam ones they give you.

I'm thinking we may need to have an informal SigForum meeting at one of the team's games there!!

Posts: 2814 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

Smile

Yep, Lasher and Van Smack circa 2002.
Both lived long lives just shy of their respective 16th birthdays.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lbj,

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31446 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
If you think you're going into an MRI screening at any point, take along a pair of the Surefire earplugs. VASTLY superior to the foam ones they give you.

I'm thinking we may need to have an informal SigForum meeting at one of the team's games there!!

No MRIs I think.

That would be fun.
We used to be called the Colorado Ice but now we are the Colorado Crush.

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear lbj. Hoping for the best.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DubiousDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Nope, got bad news this morning.

I have renal kidney cancer, the mass is the size of an orange and I have probably had this going on for the last 10 years.

I have another couple CT scans coming ASAP, one of my brain and the other for the upper part of my thorax that the original CT did not cover.

Assuming I can pass those scans plus a bone scan, I will be having the kidney removed forthwith.

So Bad News Bears unfortunately.

I had a kidney removed for cancer 2.5 years ago and there were 3 tumors. It was done Laparoscopically so my recovery time was pretty short. I've been getting yearly CT scans of my abdomen and chest and so far everything is clear. They CT the chest because if the cancer were to spread that would be the most likely place or so I'm told.

Good luck to you.

P220
P239 (.40)
SP2340 (.40)

Posts: 200 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: July 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
Stay strong and positive. We are praying for you and your family.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1058 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DubiousDan

I had a kidney removed for cancer 2.5 years ago and there were 3 tumors. It was done Laparoscopically so my recovery time was pretty short.

Good to hear it has worked out so far. Great news for you.

Today is the bone scan. There is not much to it I think. I get a shot, then come back 3 hours later for the scan. This should be the end of the tests for now.

I hope I passed the scans from yesterday.
I am already tired of the medical appointments.

What a week for sure.

My hernia and kidney removal surgery is scheduled for about 20 days from now.

It appears that my brother and sister want to fly in for the surgery. I could tell them not to come for it and disrupt their lives, but I am learning that I need to give my loved ones the space they need for their own ways of dealing with this.

More life lessons for me.

Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
lbj, it is very good news that your sister and brother will be there for you. It is also very important that your wife have a support group with her before, during and after your surgery. The very best to you and your wife.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Today is the bone scan. There is not much to it I think. I get a shot, then come back 3 hours later for the scan. This should be the end of the tests for now.

I hope I passed the scans from yesterday.
I am already tired of the medical appointments.

Fingers crossed for you.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Connecticut Shoreline | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
I'm praying for good news from your bone scan, LBJ!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7288 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Sir. I hope and expect to hear good things from you.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Deo Fiducia Nostra
Picture of SigEd
posted Hide Post
Praying and hoping for the best.

SigEd

P220ST .45ACP
P229 .40SW
P229 9mm
P239 9mm
P232SL
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 468 | Location: Franklin, TN | Registered: May 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Today is a big day and we will find out the results of the scans.

I am up a bit early and clearly nervous.
The doctor visit is set for 10AM Mountain time today.

Yesterday's bone scan did not go as planned.
I got the injection at 11:30AM and went back for the scan 3 hours later. The place I went is not far from me so I decided to go by myself and give the wife a break.

I got on the table of the scanning machine and then it broke down. I ended up driving across town to another hospital to complete the test.
My wife was taking a nap and so I drove the 20 minutes myself. In my emotional state, it was certainly an inconvenience but I really had little choice.

Strange thoughts and scenarios fill my mind. I constantly run the different combinations and permutations in my head of what we might find out this morning.

It seems a little selfish and self centered to be so worried about myself.
Then again, it's the only life I have.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
LBJ -

I am just seeing this now - prayers to you for healing, to your doctors for wisdom, and to both you and your family for faith and calm.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Good thoughts and prayers for you, since first seeing this thread.

No, not selfish ! You are not so.

Please hang in there. You will make it.

These tough times are tests, but you will succeed.

We are all thankful for you and your life Smile

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why I feel the need to write about all this happening when most people in a similar situation seem to be able to handle things in private.

Perhaps I need to see this in print and help me work things out.
At the margins, maybe what I write and think will help someone else out who is going through the same thing.

My family seems to be handling things well IMO, though I cannot say exactly what they think and feel and the inside.

My mother died last March. It does appear to me though it is a good thing she is not here to have to experience the possibility of outliving one of her children.
I cannot imagine the horror of such.

The natural order of things is for the younger folks to bury the older folks and not the other way around. But we all know this.