SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
What do you do? It doesn't look like a clear-cut situation. Shooting should be a justified response to an impact weapon, but he isn't quite threatening enough. And he's got company.
quote:
YouTube video of ANTIFA attacking pedestrians. What do you do with the guy with the baseball bat? I intend to use this video in my use of force training block..

It's a great video for promoting discussion of both sides of the argument.

Maybe so. But in Portlandistan and other Dhimwit run crapholds, the 'law' is meaningless. The Mckloskeys clearly had the law on their side. Didn't matter. DA prosecuted them. They can likely afford it. But fighting it would financially ruin most people. And Rittenhouse was CLEARLY defending himself. But the law doesn't matter. DA is prosecuting him for murder. And they set his bail at $2 million. He's 'lucky' in that there are people donating to his defense. But if you have to defend yourself from one of these politically motivated prosecutions, it could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Maybe even a million.

These prosecutions are intended to send a message. We're supposed to bow down before our ANTIFABLM masters.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Artie, it says right at the beginning of that statute that deadly force isn’t justified.

Good catch; I quoted the wrong provision. I've fixed it.

For purposes of clarity; being followed isn't enough. Being pushed to the ground and repeatedly prodded with the bat in that situation, I believe, would be enough.

A

Here is the next paragraph of the statute which addresses justified use of DEADLY force:

(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

Florida identifies forcible felonies in 776.08:

776.08 Forcible felony.—“Forcible felony” means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

Also relevant is Chapter 782

782.02 Justifiable use of deadly force.—The use of deadly force is justifiable when a person is resisting any attempt to murder such person or to commit any felony upon him or her or upon or in any dwelling house in which such person shall be.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
What do you do? It doesn't look like a clear-cut situation. Shooting should be a justified response to an impact weapon, but he isn't quite threatening enough. And he's got company.
quote:
YouTube video of ANTIFA attacking pedestrians. What do you do with the guy with the baseball bat? I intend to use this video in my use of force training block..

Correct legal response? Probably exactly what they did.

What the boiling blood yearns for? Fire up a crew served weapon and turn the whole mob into a red mess on the pavement.

Sadly, however tempting that may be, the very best response is what neither Kyle Rittenhouse nor these guys did - Don’t be there. As much as I feel for the good people in Portland, stay away and let them either destroy it completely or grow up and change their politics. The same is true of a number of areas in my home state of CA. Sad, but it is what it is.

@HayesGreener: If this is one of the videos described in this article https://www.americanpartisan.o...ntifa-reality-check/ posted by dewhorse on page 148, the miscreants had pepper sprayed the pedestrians and were using industrial strobe lights on them. In the absence of laws allowing one to just cut loose on anyone and everyone in a mob when assaulted by a mob, one would be in a very tough spot.

ETA: Yet another really annoying thing about this type of attack is one is basically forced to either (a) Hope they are actually well trained and regulated useful idiots and will just try to harass you enough to get you to shoot them and not full blown nutjobs like the trash taken out by the (deputized) US Marshals in Lacy, WA or (b) start blazing away knowing that you’re in for a hell of a legal fight if you survive the gunfight.

Posts: 6915 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man, Feets of Flame made my morning!
He was high steppin' pretty good!
I've been waiting for one of these jackwagons to set themselves on fire.
Just knew it had to happen.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please SigForum members, don't play with fire unless you know how to dance Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Wealthy NYC woman busted in BLM rampage

Her father is Markus Kraebber, an Upper East Side child and adolescent psychiatrist who teaches at the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry.

In 2016 the family paid $1.8 million for their 16th-floor apartment on East End Avenue. The family also owns a 1730 home — featuring four fireplaces, according to property listings — in tony Litchfield County, Conn. “This girl should be the poster child for white privilege, growing up on the Upper East Side and another home in Connecticut.

“I wonder how her rich parents feel about their daughter. How would they feel if they graffitied their townhouse?”

I wonder how they will feel when she graffiti's their townhouse?

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/...469332983668737?s=20

I am so going to hell for laughing....

You will have lots of company - I just watched that edit on loop. No one died and dumba** paid the idiot’s dues.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
In the event you need to drive into Portlandistan

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Wealthy/upper middle class idiots being at the forefront of these movements is nothing new.

Fidel Castro was from a fairly well-off family. Lenin was born into a wealthy, international noble family.

In fact, it’s normally those “types” that have the free time to dream up stupidities, the resources to focus on those ideas and not starve, and also the connections to actually get others to join them.

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
That Dances with Fire LOSER made my day. Big Grin Thanks!

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Twenty more feet and Police officers would have been on fire.
Three Molotov cocktails were thrown in addition to the high grade fireworks.

Two rioters got hot feet.

Here is a video from a different angle.
https://twitter.com/bymikebake...541079732862976?s=21

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Great video. Shows how difficult this is to deal with legally. ANTIFA is smart with their tactics despite the appearance of disorder.

Once they pushed the guy to the ground, they did indeed cross it.

True, but did you notice the guy who shoved the victim to the ground immediately blended into the crowd afterwards? So if the victim wanted to protect himself, the perpetrator is already gone.

That’s my fear with the bat....what if there’s a crowd pushing you around, not yet exceeding the threshold of lethal force justification for self-defense, and then somebody steps out with a bat and brains you?

Being surrounded by a mob is a perilous situation. We need clarity from our judiciary. It should not be impossibly difficult to interpret what the right response is. Right now leftist DAs will crush you if you fight back. If you are unfortunate enough to be caught in a mob, there is no right answer. So we have to cede entire sections of our Metropolitan areas to them.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U-Haul Trucks Set Ablaze By Protesters Owned By Black Man Who Placed ‘Black Owned’ Sign Outside. He’s ‘Livid’

https://www.dailywire.com/news...tm_source=whatfinger

A Rochester man is “livid” after his business was targeted by protesters ostensibly outraged over the death of Daniel Prude, a black man who died about a week after an interaction with the Rochester Police Department (RPD), back in March.

As more violent rioting took place Saturday night, lasting into early Sunday morning, protesters torched a store that encompasses a U-Haul service — a store owned by a black man — leaving at least three of the vehicles destroyed by the alleged arson.

WHEC News 10 journalist Charles Molineaux captured photos of the destruction and the business owner, Jesse Barksdale.

According to the photos, it appears Mr. Barksdale placed a “Proud to be Black Owned” sign outside the business, which was clearly ignored by rioters allegedly protesting racial injustice.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
No one is given a pass from these commie fucks.
They did the same thing not far from where I work.
In an area that is and has been a black community for as long as I can remember.
But it is the same area where gunfire is in season year round and no one says anything so there's that.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
If people would take even a glance at history they would know that putting up an "Eat me last" sign never does any good.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tequila with lime
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by slosig:

Sadly, however tempting that may be, the very best response is what neither Kyle Rittenhouse nor these guys did - Don’t be there. As much as I feel for the good people in Portland, stay away and let them either destroy it completely or grow up and change their politics. The same is true of a number of areas in my home state of CA. Sad, but it is what it is.

The thing is when they run out of victims in the city they will move out to the suburbs. We can't defeat this enemy by running from it. We have to face it and destroy it.

We're getting nearer everyday to the point where this turns into a violent and nasty civil war fought by both sides. That's what it will take to stop this.

The law is becoming less and less meaningful everyday as it is used to empower the wicked and enslave the just. When the just decide the law is truly a dead letter, that's when it happens.

Thank you President Trump.

Posts: 8366 | Location: KS, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
It might be smarter to take a charge for firing into the air or ground (to slow MFers down) before letting a mob, including an asshole with a bat, close in on you, before it's too late, or just run, but don't let yourself get in that situation in the first place.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Notice it was a police officer who extinguished that piece of shit's foot. Why--most likely because as much of a piece of shit as that guy was, the cop wouldn't have been able to sleep at night if he hadn't.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
It might be smarter to take a charge for firing into the air or ground (to slow MFers down) before letting a mob, including an asshole with a bat, close in on you, before it's too late, or just run, but don't let yourself get in that situation in the first place.

Simply pulling your gun to defend yourself will get you 50 years in Portland.

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Fear for life = open fire.

What the current sham of a justice system does after that though can only be expressed in probabilities.

Not that I'm telling anyone here anything new, just feeling the need to vent.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post