SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Uncle Gus: Now that's a fire!.......Roll Charlie around, he'll be alright.......

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/...469332983668737?s=20

I am so going to hell for laughing....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
https://twitter.com/NuanceBro/...469332983668737?s=20

I am so going to hell for laughing....

You are certainly not the only one. Big Grin

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
"Stop, drop, and roll"....

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The soundtrack makes it. Big Grin

I like This angle.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
BTW, what's with the freakin' umbrellas?

He's a good video showing one of the uses.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh shit. That's going to be the meme of the year right there, I'm calling it now. That high-stepping nitwit just became internet famous and his widdle tootsies probably haven't even stopped smoking yet.

On a sober note: I really, really hope the children stop playing with fire and nobody on our side gets tagged with anything like that. Hope they're wearing Nomex gear, but I'm guessing it's not all that likely.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Those Police Officers who put out the flames on that asshole are far better men than I. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not as bad as a riot but it shows the decay in our society,and lack of respect for the laws and officers. Video at link.

Street racers shutdown SR 167 early Saturday morning and surround responding Trooper. Auburn Washington.

https://komonews.com/news/loca...rly-saturday-morning

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wealthy NYC woman busted in BLM rampage

https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/...sted-in-blm-rampage/

Her father is Markus Kraebber, an Upper East Side child and adolescent psychiatrist who teaches at the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry.

In 2016 the family paid $1.8 million for their 16th-floor apartment on East End Avenue. The family also owns a 1730 home — featuring four fireplaces, according to property listings — in tony Litchfield County, Conn.

But Kraebber has joined in street protests for years before allegedly taking part in Friday night’s march.

She is now facing a maximum of four years prison on her top charge of first-degree riot.

“We don’t have much political power right now, being youths, but this is something we can do,” she told The New York Times in 2014, explaining why she joined a Manhattan rally on behalf of Ferguson, Mo., police-brutality casualty Michael Brown.
see also
Black Lives Matter protesters smash NYC Starbucks window in stunning video

She was a 14-year-old student at the elite Hunter College HS at the time.

Now, she is a history undergrad at Rice University in Houston, according to her Facebook page — where the most recent photo, from June, shows her grinning ear to ear while holding a goat.

As a member of the Rice Young Democrats, she helped work on Beto O’Rourke’s 2018 failed bid to unseat Sen. Ted Cruz.

She donated $121 to the Rice Young Democrats PAC.

“Does Beto make you feel this way too??? THEN GO VOTE!!!” she captioned a Facebook photo showing her looking up, earnestly, at the candidate.

Clara Kraebber didn’t have much to say when reached by phone at her second home in Connecticut Friday night.

“No — not right now — I don’t want to talk about it,” she said of her arrest.

“This is the height of hypocrisy,” one law enforcement source who was at the protest told The Post.
“This girl should be the poster child for white privilege, growing up on the Upper East Side and another home in Connecticut.

“I wonder how her rich parents feel about their daughter. How would they feel if they graffitied their townhouse?”

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
YouTube video of ANTIFA attacking pedestrians. What do you do with the guy with the baseball bat? I intend to use this video in my use of force training block..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6igdVh2OoA

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
What do you do? It doesn't look like a clear-cut situation. Shooting should be a justified response to an impact weapon, but he isn't quite threatening enough. And he's got company.
quote:
YouTube video of ANTIFA attacking pedestrians. What do you do with the guy with the baseball bat? I intend to use this video in my use of force training block..

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
What do you do? It doesn't look like a clear-cut situation. Shooting should be a justified response to an impact weapon, but he isn't quite threatening enough. And he's got company.
quote:

It's a great video for promoting discussion of both sides of the argument.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6igdVh2OoA

Great video. Shows how difficult this is to deal with legally. ANTIFA is smart with their tactics despite the appearance of disorder. If you were to turn and shoot the guy who shoved you to the ground, you’d go to jail (especially in Portland) as the aggressor who should have kept walking. On the other hand, the moment you fall to the ground and Bat man pops your jaw, your face is wrecked for life. This reality forces people to be victims of the mob.

Our best long term way forward is a change in law. If approached by a violent mob, any action you take should be viewed as legal self defense. That would discourage mobs and put responsibility on the assholes who willingly participate in them. But we aren’t there as a society, and right now we are forced to be the victim because there is no legal right answer for how to respond.

Great video, really paints the picture well of what we’re dealing with. If I were in that situation I have no idea what to do.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great video. Shows how difficult this is to deal with legally. ANTIFA is smart with their tactics despite the appearance of disorder.

Yep. They have 'training' sessions on how to go right up to the line without crossing it. Once they pushed the guy to the ground, they did indeed cross it. But the PANTY-FA gang KNOW that any retaliation will be vigorously prosecuted by the DA in Portlandistan.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.

Basic Florida Use of Force Statute:

776.012 Use or threatened use of force in defense of person.—

(1) ...SNIP...

(2) A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

Here in Florida, I'd have shot the guy who pushed me to the ground, I'd have shot batboy, and I'd have been prepared to shoot anyone else who didn't promptly retreat, because I would "reasonably believe(s) that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony."

Try that shit here and it will be ON.

ETA: Of course, this is exactly why this shit isn't happening in Central Florida and is happening in Portlandia.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Artie, it says right at the beginning of that statute that deadly force isn’t justified.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
Artie, it says right at the beginning of that statute that deadly force isn’t justified.

Good catch; I quoted the wrong provision. I've fixed it.

For purposes of clarity; being followed and yelled at isn't enough. Being pushed to the ground and repeatedly prodded with the bat in that situation, I believe, would be enough.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Bullshit.

The guy with the bat made contact with it at least twice in the first 15 seconds.

The first on the upper arm I might ignore, the second from behind crosses the line, especially give the disparity in terms of people involved with the attacker.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post