SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
The Bishop Of Death
posted Hide Post
There will also need to be an extradition hearing at some time in the near future.

Under Construction

Posts: 362 | Location: Western North Carolina | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The fact that green shirt has been charged with anything given the footage will act to suppress further involvement by those who hope to defend private property and personal safety. This will only lead to more destruction and a Leftward advance. These politicians and their bureaucratic henchmen are traitors to the constitution and their oath. I'm certain the charges won't stick. The politicians/henchmen know it won't stick. The point is to discourage and suppress.

I think that's right.

The Kenosha police are holding a press briefing that's just starting.
They say it will be investigated and then be turned over to the DA.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24166 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The fact that green shirt has been charged with anything given the footage will act to suppress further involvement by those who hope to defend private property and personal safety. This will only lead to more destruction and a Leftward advance. These politicians and their bureaucratic henchmen are traitors to the constitution and their oath. I'm certain the charges won't stick. The politicians/henchmen know it won't stick. The point is to discourage and suppress.

The charges will be pushed by their leftist D.A. and he will do so to appease the mob. After all his job is at stake. He will file the charges and scream about social inequity. The kid will be prosecuted to the fullest extent. The kid may be acquitted but in the end the left will use their failure to prosecute as a tool to further divide to population just like they did with Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
How fooked is this poor kid?

He's only 17 with an AR, from IL, getting into it with rioters in WI.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since he is 17, won't they also go after the lawful owner of the rifle he was in possession of?

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:

I keep hearing in TV interviews of local people directly impacted by these riots in their Portland neighborhood that they oppose the violence, but support BLM. Do they really know anything about BLM?

I believe that many today have no clue about what blm (Burn Loot Murder) is REALLY about; only believing what they hear on the news about the 'peaceful protests' nonsense.

Also, I would speculate that many spout off about how they support blm just to make sure people don't think they are racist. Again, according to the mainline 'media,' to oppose or even question blm makes one a racist. To go even further, to NOT immediately and enthusiastically endorse and support blm equates to racism.

Fox News had as their top story earlier today about how a bunch of militants went into a restaurant in Washington, DC, demanding that everybody raise their fist to 'support blm.' To do otherwise would likely provoke violence.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/blm...ists-in-viral-videos

quote:
Frederick Kunkle, a Washington Post staff writer, posted a video Tuesday on Twitter that showed a crowd of protesters gathering closely around a woman, identified as Lauren Victor, as she sat outside on a sidewalk. The group demanded she raise her fist in solidarity as they chanted at her, “White silence is violence,” and, “No justice, no peace!”

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bossman:
Since he is 17, won't they also go after the lawful owner of the rifle he was in possession of?
Don't know, that's why I'm asking...

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 6220 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bossman:

That very question makes me wonder about the other fellow holding the pistol.
I wonder how old he was. What's the age to have a pistol in Wisconsin?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1545 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:

21 to purchase, but he looks older than that to me.

NRA Benefactor

Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What? The statement comes for the Lake County, Illinois Clerk of Court records.

The statement:

Which I find very interesting because he immediately attempts to contact the police for help after the events. In fact, he was on his way directly to them when the second shooting happened.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:

He looks college age, but apparently didn't learn much. Having a pistol and chasing after a kid with an AR15, I don't know what kind of results he was expecting.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16722 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

He looks college age, but apparently didn't learn much. Having a pistol and chasing after a kid with an AR15, I don't know what kind of results he was expecting.

They intimidate and back down people so easily because of numbers they anticipate nothing different from anyone they go after. His trying to remove himself from the area only emboldens them, not unlike jackals after a prey. Hunting in groups...

Since most people avoid violence, or will act accordingly to avoid harm, and rightly so when you have 10, 20, 100 to one against you. They never expected he'd get to the trigger on them, skateboard guy was wrong, permanently.

Posts: 23540 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yikes, watching the Kenosha Press Conference is surreal...seems to be a lot of CYA going on. He is mentioning how the rioters are organizing, but also mentioned that there were requests to deputize certain citizens who possess firearms to help keep the peace.

He referenced the group that Kyle supposedly belonged to as being one of them.

Man, this sh#tshow could end up being the gold standard for all sh#tshows in the future.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...more-troops/2328775/

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Anyone else impressed that this kid was able to take these guys out while in the midst of getting attacked and falling on the ground?

And he did it with a rifle....This kid is like John Wick!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
Man, this sh#tshow could end up being the gold standard for all sh#tshows in the future.

I am afraid you're 100% correct.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/news...-wisconsin-protests/

Kyle Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was taken into custody in Illinois on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide. Antioch is about 15 miles from Kenosha.

In the wake of the killings, Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers authorized 500 members of the National Guard to support local law enforcement around Kenosha, doubling the number of troops sent in. The governor’s office said he is working with other states to bring in additional National Guard troops and law officers. Authorities also announced a 7 p.m. curfew.

Rittenhouse, identified in court papers as a lifeguard at a YMCA in Lindenhurst, Illinois, was assigned a public defender in Illinois for a hearing Friday on handing him over to Wisconsin authorities. The public defender’s office had no comment.

Posts: 19602 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Comically the Kenosha Police Chief is saying it's unfair to answer questions about an event when all you have is snippets of cell phone videos...

Apparently it's enough for the DA to charge the 17 yr old with First Degree Murder.

Reporters focusing on "militia members" and the National Guard raising the tension...no mention of the violent thugs who are burning/smashing/looting.

They must have shipped the reporters in from Portland.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kyle Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was taken into custody in Illinois on suspicion of first-degree intentional homicide.
Good luck making that stick. What a load of horse shit. Maybe I could see charging the kid with something, but intentional 1st degree murder? After watching the myriad of video evidence? What a complete load of shit! It appears the attempt to railroad this kid is well under way.
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
Reporters focusing on "militia members" and the National Guard raising the tension...no mention of the violent thugs who are burning/smashing/looting.
Narrative baby. Gotta maintain that narrative at all costs. Its all they've got to try and use against Trump, and they know it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm no lawyer but I think they overcharged. I've read that the AG for WI is a former lawyer at Perkins Coie....lefties get their tentacles in everywhere.

Article from Shipwreckedcrew at Red State.
(Videos at link)

Breaking Down The Videos Of The Two Shooting Incidents In Kenosha -- Self-Defense?

The YouTube video below, which seems to be a capture of a more than five-hour-long “live blog,” shows the best vantage I’ve seen of the sequence of events leading up to the first shooting Wisconsin.

As is almost always the case, the “hot takes,” which hit Twitter in the first minutes after an incident such as this, are almost always wrong.

If the video isn’t qued up in the correct spot, advance the time stamp to 3:59.00. Everything happens between 3:59.00 and 3:59.45.

Wisconsin is an “Open Carry” state. You may lawfully carry both a handgun and a long-gun openly without a permit. So the fact that the shooter is carrying a long-gun in public is not criminal activity on his part.

The first fact you see from the video is that the shooter was chased by the person he shot, and as they passed through the parking lot of the boarded-up gas station, the “victim” threw something at the shooter. There are reports that the item thrown was an unlit “Molotov Cocktail,” but you can’t know for sure from the video.

It seems like the shooter points the rifle at the “victim” at that point but does not fire. He instead turns to run again, and the “victim” continues to chase him. At that point, you hear the gunfire start, but you can’t see what happens. You hear a single shot, then four shots in rapid succession followed by three more shots in rapid succession. It seems like there is only one firearm, but I can’t be certain from the audio.

Here is a video that supposedly shows the car lot being vandalized a few moments before the first shooting incident.

The shooter was apparently attempting to protect this business, and the “victim” was one of the individuals in this group damaging cars. I have seen Twitter comments claiming that the “victim” and others were preparing to start lighting some of the cars on fire when the shooter stepped in to intervene. What happened during that initial intervention is not recorded on video anywhere that I have found, but that confrontation ended with the “victim” chasing the shooter out of the car lot and down the street. That is where the YouTube video at the top first captures the two, leading directly to the first shooting in the gas station parking lot where the “victim” was killed.

The nature of that first confrontation in the parking lot is important to the overall event. If the shooter was threatened with violence, and then chased down the street to the gas station, he very likely has a strong case for self-defense. The “victim” is the aggressor, and the nature of their initial confrontation will establish the extent to which the shooter can claim he feared serious injury or death if he had not defended himself in the way he did. The actions of the “victim” in the car lot will also be significant. If there is video of him engaging in violent acts of vandalism that the shooter observed, the case for self-defense improves as well.

Again, under Wisconsin law, the shooter had not committed any illegal act by being present on the streets of Kenosha carrying a loaded long-gun. No criminality can be inferred from that action. I read in a Twitter post that there are 600,000 deer hunting licenses issued in Wisconsin each year, and the presence of long-guns in communities all over the state is ubiquitous.

As for the second shooting episode, the shooter is clearly attempting to get away from the people who are pursuing him. Who all those people were will be difficult to establish with certainty, but there are numerous videos with audio that captured what they were yelling.

This is the video that has been most widely circulated.

There seems to be little question about whether the shooter had anything to fear from those pursuing him. One individual managed to catch up to him and appears to try to hit him in the back of the head with some object. He evades that person and continues to run down the street, but then seems to stumble and fall. You can clearly hear someone yell, “Get his ass” at that point. The shooter gets himself into a seated position facing back at the people pursing him. The closest pursuer manages to run over the top of him, with both of them going down, but the shooter maintaining possession of his long gun. At that point, at least three different pursuers closed in on him from three different directions — all closing to within approximately 10 feet of him. A second individual attempts to grab the long-gun away from the shooter, but he still has the shoulder strap around his body.

It is hard to tell from the video, but it seems like the second individual is shot as a result of the long-gun discharging while they both have their hands on it, with the muzzle pointed at the second individual. He “runs” only a couple steps before he goes down in the street, and he does not move again during the remainder of the video while he is in the frame of the camera.

The shooter fires a few more shots as the people who were pursuing him all scatter in different directions. The shooter then regains his feet and begins a more “tactical” retreat, walking backward while facing the direction that his pursuers had come from.

Several police vehicles can be seen arriving in the next 30-45 seconds, and the shooter makes contact with the first vehicle to arrive.

The videos certainly seem to capture many elements of what would be deemed a “self-defense” use of deadly force. The fact that the shooter was in possession of a deadly weapon is not an issue under Wisconsin law. The details of the initial confrontation between the shooter and the first “victim” will play a meaningful role in the evaluation of the incident. But if the shooter was placed in reasonable fear for his life, or that there was a threat of serious bodily injury to himself or others posed by the actions of the first “victim,” it is quite possible the first shooting was justified self-defense since he was being pursued.

If true, the individuals who mistakenly chased him down the street, under the wrong impression that he had done something illegal in the first shooting, are “on their own” legally. They have no “right of apprehension” for a crime that did not occur. The loss of life with regard to the second “victim” is regrettable, but he placed himself in a position to be vulnerable to the shooter’s perceived need to protect himself a second time.

Life lesson – don’t chase someone who has a gun if they have just used it.

https://www.redstate.com/shipw...w/2020/08/26/905992/

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I'll be very curious how Antifa/BLM respond tonight in Kenosha. The Guard is coming in. I assume they'll do their normal fireworks display and shaking of fences, but I wonder if they'll try to up the BS?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post