SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
For our Chicago brothers fighting this, thank you for putting your asses on the line. Prayers for you to be safe.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
It's no longer about protecting "stuff." It's about tamping out insurrection. It's no longer about protecting your home; it's about protecting your neighborhood. I texted a neighbor today and instead of using the term "Home defense," I now used the term "Home/Neighborhood defense rifle."

My, how things have changed this year. I have at least four neighbors I can depend on in the neighborhood. There are three houses in the neighborhood that have BLM flags or yard signs.

Hell has frozen over. My wife is now interested in learning how to use firearms and wants her concealed carry pistol since she commutes into Portland every day.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
For our Chicago brothers fighting this, thank you for putting your asses on the line. Prayers for you to be safe.

Double that.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Benny6,
How many of those neighbors with BLM signs actually buy the party line BLM is selling or have they put out the signs to let the insurrectionists know not to burn down their house?

Hell, I’ll admit that I have not been spending as much time in my front yard and letting it look a little crappy this summer to make my home less attractive in the hopes that any potential insurrectionists In my neighborhood might overlook my property.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Shortly after 0000hrs local time, they converged downtown. (twitter/facebook live is most likely the organizing force behind this)

Does law enforcement/CPD monitor social media for these scum?

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Benny6,
How many of those neighbors with BLM signs actually buy the party line BLM is selling or have they put out the signs to let the insurrectionists know not to burn down their house?

Hell, I’ll admit that I have not been spending as much time in my front yard and letting it look a little crappy this summer to make my home less attractive in the hopes that any potential insurrectionists In my neighborhood might overlook my property.

One neighbor has the LGBT flag hanging with the BLM fist sign on the lawn. The other neighbor has a "Stop the Donald" sign as well as the BLM sign. The other neighbor has that Amerian flag with all the tag lines, like "BLM, Women are in charge of their bodies, Nobody is illegal" etc... That neighbor just goes with the flow, I believe. They don't put much thought into it.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Has anyone read facts about who has been paying for any of this? Are there paid rioters, or paid expenses? Who paid for stone deliveries? Anything?

Seems like the thing for LE to look up later after a few arrests and research.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-p...ar-fireworks-n770169

Andy Ngo Reveals How Antifa Rioters Get Out of Jail and Keep Terrorizing Portland Night After Night

On the 72nd straight night of violence in Portland, antifa rioters again targeted the Portland Police Association (PPA) — which they had lit on fire the night before — and turned the streets around it into a war zone. They erected barricades, lit fires on the street, and fired mortar fireworks at police officers, wounding two of them. In a memorable exchange, a man on the street assured antifa rioters that they should not worry even as they were getting arrested. Andy Ngo, editor-at-large at The Post Millennial, explained why this man reassured them, and why antifa rioters can keep themselves out of jail to return to the streets, night after night.

Rioters regrouped at Kenton Park, and a smaller mob made its way back to the PPA where police arrested 16 rioters.

Yet the police also reported that “In an effort to deescalate, police left the area” for a time. When they did so, rioters “moved back out onto Lombard Street, blocking traffic with dumpsters, pieces of fencing, and other items. Some small fires were lit in the roadway. Those in the street were warned to move to the sidewalk. After some time, they moved aside and reopened the street.”

It seems rather odd that the police would leave the area “in an effort to deescalate” after all the violence they had seen. Yet something else rather telling took place on Sunday night.

A video shows a man reassuring rioters as they got arrested, “We already made some contact for you, stay quiet. … Don’t worry. We already call, we already made a few phone calls. Don’t worry, guys.”

Andy Ngo, editor-at-large at The Post Millennial, noted that “Antifa rioters in north Portland have access to more than $1.3m in bail money, as well as pro bono lawyers. This is one reason even the extremely violent suspects get released so quickly to riot again.”

Antifa has a vast apparatus to enable the riots, complete with fundraising, cars to equip rioters, and complicated urban warfare tactics. While there is no single official antifa group, a wide network supports these violent actions in Portland, Seattle, and elsewhere.

the riots are likely to continue until rioters cannot get bailed out of jail quickly and easily.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Antifa,BLM and rioters are just useful idiots. Never forget who the puppet masters and co- conspirators are.

Barr says Dem refusal to condemn violence cowardly, suggest liberals 'tearing down' America

https://justthenews.com/govern...iberals-tearing-down

Liberals 'really represents a Rousseauian Revolutionary Party that believes in tearing down the system,' attorney general tells Mark Levin

Attorney General William Barr is slamming Democrats who refuse to condemn the violent riots rocking America this summer, saying far left extremists are on a mission to "tear down" U.S. institutions key to democracy.

"Many of them are just cowards and are afraid from, you know, about a challenge from the left," Barr said in an interview set to air Sunday night, referring to Democrats who haven't condemned the riots. "So for them, it's careerism."

Barr told the FoxNews show Levin, Life and Liberty hosted by Mark Levin that liberal extremists driving the riots have made politics a religion, and their mission is to destroy those who oppose them.

"They view their political opponents as evil because we stand in the way of their progressive utopia that they're trying to reach," he said. "And that's what gives the intensity to the partisan feelings that people feel today, because for them, this pilgrimage we're all on is a political pilgrimage."

He added that the far left "really represents a Rousseauian Revolutionary Party that believes in tearing down the system, that what's wrong about America today all has to do with the institutions we have, and we have to tear them down."

Barr added that the extremist -- whom he called Bolsheviks --have begun engaging in "urban guerilla warfare."

"The way the guerrilla...hides out among the people as a fish in the ocean...what they do is they are essentially shielding themselves or shrouding themselves in First Amendment activity," he said. "They go into the demonstrations, which are exercising First Amendment activity, and they insinuate themselves in there to shield themselves. That's where they swim. And what they do is they hijack these demonstrations and they and they provoke violence."

The attorney general also commented on the hostile treatment he received last month before the Democrat-led House Judiciary Committee.

"I said during my hearing: 'Can any of you just come out and say it's not OK to burn down federal courthouses?' I mean, they talk about the rule of law. They talk about the importance of the federal legal system to protection of civil rights. Well, the heart of that is our court system. And they're not willing, not one of them piped up to say, 'No, it's not OK to be burning down federal courts,'" he said

As for all the times Democrats interrupted him during the hearing, Barr said: "I think they were afraid to have me speak. And so they decided to burn up all the time and not give me any time to answer. So I quickly caught on to the tactic."

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
It seems no one ever taught these protest folks not to touch a hot stove.

Ow.....Ow ..... Ow Roll Eyes

Posts: 7256 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, Seattle city council just voted to defund the SPD.

quote:
SEATTLE — The Seattle City Council on Monday approved proposals that will reduce the police department by as many as 100 officers through layoffs and attrition.

The action was supported by demonstrators who have marched in the city following the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis but was strongly opposed by Mayor Jenny Durkan and Police Chief Carmen Best.

The measures approved will cut about $3 million of the department's $400 million annual budget this year.

Seattle currently has about 1,400 police officers and the reductions fall far short of the 50% cut to the department that many Black Lives Matter protesters are seeking.

This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Video at link.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/loc...AWJHTFMLGS4LOFBXYDE/

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ They just sentenced dozens of black men to death per year as well as a handful of women and children. Well done Seattle, JFC.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Andy Ngo's story confirms this is a far larger conspiracy of Leftism than is being reported. This indeed is their effort to overthrow the nation by weaponizing its freedoms.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

All of you that are in the danger zone dealing with this crap, my thoughts and prayers are for your safety.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
SEATTLE — The Seattle City Council on Monday approved proposals that will reduce the police department by as many as 100 officers through layoffs and attrition.

Sheeeeit, they won't have to do anything to reduce their force by 100, there's probably already that many trying to leave of their own accord...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CPD Sig and I believe Bulldog. Take care of yourselves and watch your 6 in Chi-Town.

Posts: 4057 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a native Chicagoan, it makes me sad and angry to see this.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Being an American Patriot, it makes me sad and angry to see this.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Sheeeeit, they won't have to do anything to reduce their force by 100[...]

I suspect not. Problem is, this signifies to all the local law enforcement that Seattle doesn't have their back, and at the same time telling the rioters that it's open season. This is almost guaranteed to spread to the suburbs here now.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Well, Seattle city council just voted to defund the SPD.

My county just had a ballot measure to INCREASE funding of police/Sheriff. It passed easily. Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post