SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Federalization of the police is the end game. When it comes, the leftists will cheer it and soon after we will be in a world of shit. Then Orwell will be right on the money, if a few decades late.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Thats the elephant in the room. 13% of the population commits 90%+ of the violent crime. How is it "racist" to point out that fact?
Actually, that's the common talking point, but even that's not accurate. Blacks represent about 14% of the population, but not all black folks are out committing crimes. The real number is likely more along the line of <5% of blacks that actually commit violent crime. So the segment of the population committing the bulk of all crime is a very small sub-set that even most black people can't stand.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Thats the elephant in the room. 13% of the population commits 90%+ of the violent crime. How is it "racist" to point out that fact?
Actually, that's the common talking point, but even that's not accurate. Blacks represent about 14% of the population, but not all black folks are out committing crimes. The real number is likely more along the line of <5% of blacks that actually commit violent crime. So the segment of the population committing the bulk of all crime is a very small sub-set that even most black people can't stand.

Good point.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Bigdeal makes an excellent point. I would be interested in hearing from some of our Police Officers what they felt the actual percentages are.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
As a criminal Magistrate, on duty 4 nights a week, almost every Felony charge - EVERY night I work, is a black suspect. +98%. EVERY shift.

And the victims? Yup. Other blacks. "..probably <5% of blacks committing crimes.." I don't know where you sourced that stat, but it is extremely unlikely that figure is correct. Just based on what I see locally.

And in 20 years spent as an Investigator, the vast majority of the robberies and +200 Homicides I worked were committed by blacks. Again, the victims in the Homicides? Also black.

It is a subculture that glorifies violence. And demeans those who work and obey the law. Thats my opinion, based on 26 years experience investigating, apprehending and prosecuting felony cases in State Court. First hand experience. Not hearsay or "I read somewhere". YMMV. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Bigdeal makes an excellent point. I would be interested in hearing from some of our Police Officers what they felt the actual percentages are.

I began my career in law enforcement in the mid-1970's (retired in 2008), and the Rand Corporation had studies that showed definitively a very small subset of the community (OFFENDERS) commit the vast majority of the crime. This applies in virtually every community, regardless of how that community is made up ethnically. If the community is composed of "People of Color", the subset of regular offenders will be "People of Color" and victimize the overwhelmingly law-abiding "People of Color" living nearby.

The problem isn't skin color, it's normalizing criminal behavior so people believe that because chronic (recidivist) violators look like those they usually victimize, they shouldn't be held accountable since they must be the same. Right? Roll Eyes

Is racism responsible for crime? Of course it is! The racism of low expectations and the racism/divisiveness of the "My team vs Your team" mentality.

"Community activists" have done a stellar job of convincing white people that all poor people (of color) are mentally incapable of respecting the rule of law or following rules in general. The "de-fund the police" narrative seeks to takeaway any and all protections good people in neighborhoods (the majority) have from offenders (the small subset/minority), and empower the later even more. Having worked in these neighborhoods for more than 40 years as a cop and as an investigative/expert resource for defendants in criminal cases, it makes me sick to see this.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a criminal Magistrate, on duty 4 nights a week, almost every Felony charge - EVERY night I work, is a black suspect. +98%. EVERY shift.

And the victims? Yup. Other blacks. "..probably <5% of blacks committing crimes.." I don't know where you sourced that stat, but it is extremely unlikely that figure is correct. Just based on what I see locally.

And in 20 years spent as an Investigator, the vast majority of the robberies and +200 Homicides I worked were committed by blacks. Again, the victims in the Homicides? Also black.

It is a subculture that glorifies violence. And demeans those who work and obey the law. Thats my opinion, based on 26 years experience investigating, apprehending and prosecuting felony cases in State Court. First hand experience. Not hearsay or "I read somewhere". YMMV. Regards 18DAI
I think you misunderstood my assertion. The comment that the vast majority of all violent crime is committed by black people, I believe is well proven. My assertion is that those crimes are committed, for the most part, by a small sub-set of the total black people in this country. I think it is also well established that many of these sorts of crimes are committed by the same group of repeat offenders. I just don't think its fair to hang the vast majority of violent crime on the entire black community. Obviously the percentage of black folks committing crimes in a particular area is going to vary based upon multiple variables (Ex. Urban or Rural).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Using my "all I need to know about inner city crime and police I learned on The Wire" mojo:

Consider that the leftist politicians in the inner cities are always looking for ways to excuse criminals, wouldn't it follow that the criminals are providing contributions to the same politicians? Or, there is a system by which the politicians create situations where their decisions can help the criminals launder their money into "legitimate" investments? Whatever the actual mechanism, the politicians have to benefit somehow from all this, otherwise they would not be doing it.

Lester Freeman always said follow the money...

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just don't think its fair to hang the vast majority of violent crime on the entire black community.
I agree completely. However, the "community" has a choice, either to acknowledge that fact, and either accept the situation or police their own "community," or to have that policing imposed upon them by the rest of the greater populace that finds violence unacceptable. The greater populace, obviously, can choose to reject or accept violence as a part of their daily existence, and ignore/forgive those that break the social contract. This latter is what it appears the "enlightened" are striving for.

Posts: 6474 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Uniform Crime Reporting for 2019 straight from the database of the nations Fan Belt Inspectors

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Portland's mayor now says that having no police at a recent riot was a mistake.

ya think Roll Eyes

what an idiot. He changed his mind about no police response after an entire neighborhood let them know that they were terrorized for hours with no police response.

Freaking idiot.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the problem will continue until someone remembers how to run a bastard out on a rail, tar and feather a son-of-a-bitch, or hang someone from a tall oak tree in front of a courthouse.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
Every night on the news ( must fight a constant urge to vomit while I watch) I see one story line after the other, day after day, NEED MORE POLICE!
Bus driver shot in the face downtown, union leader says "we need more police on the buses".
Murder, assault,robbery, and car jackings downtown, alderman has a "high level" meeting, result of meeting, we need more police.
Murder, assault, rape,robbery on the L platforms and trains,"we need more police".
Cities reaction, handcuff the police.
Don't chase suspects on foot, don't chase suspects by car, don't lie to suspects. Stand back now that the CPD and the City are being sued for traffic stops, guess how that will end.
They ALL WANT more police, FOR WHAT!
We all hear the chant " Blacks are arrested in a much greater number than whites" must be racist, can't have this,forget that Blacks commit vastly more crime than whites. Cities solution, Don't arrest black criminals.
I have no sympathy for the downtown business owners or the downtown residents. They all constantly vote Democratic, let them hide and shake in the corners of there homes and businesses.
States Attorney Foxx who is an insult to any other demographic ( except Minnesota and California residents)was re-elected by over 200,000 votes in the last election, that alone tells the story of the city.
Hopeless!

They don't WANT "police", what they WANT is scarecrows, and a whole mess of them. That's going to work out for about a week, until they figure out it's a "hands-off" approach.
Oh, they NEED police, but at this stage of the game, who wants to be the police? Especially here!
(The pickins' is a slim from the pool of new people that are coming on the department today, and we're hemorrhaging officers left and right. In order to keep up with our attrition rate, we're going to have to lower the bar a lot)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
[W]e're going to have to lower the bar a lot

Funny how that works out, isn't it? Roll Eyes

But for the clueless, it's not only the Defund the Police crowd that is responsible; they are only the most recent—and effective so far. Over the years I've seen countless bizarre and unreasonable expectations expressed by other groups and individuals.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Portland's mayor now says that having no police at a recent riot was a mistake.

ya think Roll Eyes

what an idiot. He changed his mind about no police response after an entire neighborhood let them know that they were terrorized for hours with no police response.

Freaking idiot.

He's preparing to run for governor.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am finding this discussion riveting because when I was a teacher I formed my opinion on under achieving students based on anecdotal evidence that I gathered.

The strongest indicator I found for academic and social success was a strong family. The highest example of this is the "traditional" family.

Expectations of success in school fostered in the home created students who knew my role as teacher was one valued by their family.

What struck me about BigDeal's assertion was that a small percentage of a percentage were the REAL problem. I found that to be true as well. A few students were the cause of repeated "major" incidents.

Reading the responses from our LE members seemed to support this idea. I believe that the breakdown of family precipitates many of the criminal issues we see in society today.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe that the breakdown of family precipitates many of the criminal issues we see in society today.

100% agree and this all began with the social welfare programs of the 60s and we have been heading toward the abyss ever since.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Rsbolo, you are right. When I was policing 1-2% committed 95% of the crime. And most of the 1-2% was from the black community. There was some white trash in that group, but mostly it was blacks. And in 18 years I recall only one white person being murdered- the rest was BLK on BLK gang/dope shit.

My grandparents were teachers and they could tell the bad seeds by second grade. And were right more often than not.

And I agree, a whole intact family plays a huge role in wether a child does well in school or not.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Even in the criminal population, only a few are trouble makers. I worked at a state prison for years and 10% of the population caused 90% of the problems. Same with people on probation and parole.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One part of having a strong family providing support in many ways, is for the breadwinners to earn a reasonable living. If the dad and mom cannot buy or even rent a decent place to live, typically things are going to go downhill for the kids.

Sending our manufacturing jobs to China and elsewhere is a YUGE part of the problem. Thank the globalists for this, and the spineless politicians as well.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post