SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

You don't get educated anymore you get indoctrinated. Frown

Well, it essentially means the same thing. The problem today is what our kids are being indoctrinated in.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30285 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

You don't get educated anymore you get indoctrinated. Frown

Well, it essentially means the same thing. The problem today is what our kids are being indoctrinated in.

Education = HOW to think

Indoctrination = WHAT to think

Two totally different things

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8314 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
These kinds of 'teachers' are involuntarily conspiring to make a pretty compelling argument for putting video cameras in all classrooms.

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
^^^
Could the time be riper to push for this?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8306 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mrs DF was advocating for cameras in the classroom a few days ago. I thought they already had them.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29596 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://nypost.com/2021/09/01/...-no-honor-roll-push/

NYC Dept of Education:

new DOE guidance warns that “recognizing student excellence via honor rolls and class rank can be detrimental to learners who find it more difficult to reach academic success.” Even grades can negatively influence “future student performance.”

DOE’s geniuses want to emphasize “contributions to the school or wider community, and demonstrations of social justice and integrity.” Staff should “eliminate practices that penalize students who have been marginalized based on their race, culture, language and/or ability.”

As with de Blasio’s entire crusade for “equity” in the schools, it boils down to a war on excellence that includes the drive to cancel Gifted & Talented classes, admissions screening for middle schools and even the testing that ensures the city’s elite high schools remain top-notch.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't even begin to describe how insane this shit is

The most twisted part is that the kids who need the most help will get negatively impacted more in the long run

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
demonstrations of social justice and integrity

So they are giving students credit for going to riots and looting.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I can't even begin to describe how insane this shit is

The most twisted part is that the kids who need the most help will get negatively impacted more in the long run

Not unless you're goal is to have a bunch of stupid people...

An ingnorant and uneducated population is easier to govern and control than a smart one.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8314 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
These kinds of 'teachers' are involuntarily conspiring to make a pretty compelling argument for putting video cameras in all classrooms.

As a teacher, I would loved to have a camera in the classroom.
The administration was spineless and would go “paws up” when a studen5 or parent complained. Plus, some ofthe crap that went on would be exposed.
Oh, wait. Maybe that’s the reason that they don’t do it.
As an aside, there is a policy where parents can opt out of photographs. I had a field trip to plant trees, then had to go through all the photos to delete a number. Damn, some of those were the best.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
OANN is reporting that due to 'vaccine mandates' they could lose up to 200m police officers

they just can't help themselves can they...

Posts: 53074 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

OANN is reporting that due to 'vaccine mandates' they could lose up to 200m police officers
I'm a little confused (it happens to me, a lot). Who is the "they?" As in, who is going to lose the police officers?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30536 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I'm a little confused (it happens to me, a lot). Who is the "they?" As in, who is going to lose the police officers?

Seattle

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11238 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Going to school is the extension of and live portion of social media for students these days. My daughter who is a school counselor for high school kids says 60% of her case load are kids with gender issues. Timmy wants to be referred to as Theresa or as her and wants to use the girls bathroom or vice versa. Then when someone does not refer to them by their preference they instantaneously become offended and a victim of bigotry and immediately run to her office to file a complaint against the offender.

My daughter says much of this comes from social media and is the current trend. The parents have to be notified that their son or daughter want to be referred to as the opposite gender. Need to come to the school fill out a form consenting to the kids wish. The school can only enter it as a note to their file. It cannot become official unless the parents go through the legal process to actually change their name. They can do nothing in Minnesota about the bathroom situation anyone can use whatever they want.

The public education system is a complete and total disaster.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8501 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot urge folks enough - find a way to home school or pay for a selective private school. It will be expensive initially - but far more valuable than a college faux-education.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I cannot urge folks enough - find a way to home school or pay for a selective private school. It will be expensive initially - but far more valuable than a college faux-education.

100% THIS

Our local schools have already admitted that they lost 22% of their students to parents who are homeschooling their children instead.

I think those numbers are conservative.

Surely, the rest of the country is experiencing this phenomenon also. I honestly couldn't be happier to see a whole generation of woke school teachers laid off. We need a complete overhaul of our education system, but it isn't likely to happen in time for any children in the system. It took generations to get this bad, can it really be fixed overnight?

Outside of the past 100 years, what has happened historically? My understanding is that well off families hired a teacher or sent children to private school. Everyone else home-schooled, or possibly did a co-op type education in the community.

A truthful documentary of education through history would be interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Dear world,

I quit.

Ramsey County attorney says he won't prosecute most felonies arising from low-level traffic stops

https://www.startribune.com/ra...fic-stops/600095042/

Ramsey County Attorney John Choi on Wednesday announced that his office will no longer prosecute most felony cases arising from low-level traffic stops, an effort aimed at reducing racial disparities in the criminal justice system.

Choi rolled out the new policy, which he described as a nation-leading collaboration between the county and cities within its jurisdiction, with the stated hope of building trust between law enforcement and communities of color. In St. Paul, Black motorists are four times more likely to be pulled over than white motorists, he said.

"We do not want to incentivize that type of policing," Choi said at a news conference Wednesday.

Police critics have long argued that "pretextual" traffic stops — in which officers use minor traffic or equipment violations as legal justification for pulling over someone they wish to investigate — lead to racial profiling and inequitable law enforcement. Calls for reform amplified in Minnesota after the deaths of Philando Castile and Daunte Wright, two Black men killed by police during traffic stops for equipment violations.

A growing body of research also argues pretextual stops do little to curb crime, Choi said.

Under the new policy, his office will decline to prosecute felony cases — such as those involving illegal possession of drugs or firearms — if evidence is discovered during a traffic stop for a nonpublic safety violation like expired tabs, objects dangling from mirrors or a burned-out taillight. The policy makes exceptions for cases that endanger public safety.

The County Attorney's Office will also not prosecute cases resulting from vehicle searches conducted without probable cause — which Choi said he hopes will discourage officers from using minor infractions to obtain consent to search individuals without suspicion of criminal wrongdoing.

"Nonpublic safety stops have caused unnecessary trauma and disparities for people and neighborhoods who for generations have had to have the talk with our children about surviving these incidents," Ramsey County Board Chairwoman Toni Carter said. She and other local leaders, including officials from east metro cities that have implemented or are exploring complementary policies, joined Choi at the news conference in a show of support.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12301 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://cwbchicago.com/2021/09...-overridden-too.html

So... blm, right?
Well, not if you're a 7yo girl or the 6yo sister.

Long story short- and the Detective is a friend of mine, as well as having a few friends on "Felony Review" in the Cook Co States Attorneys Office.

ASA screwed up and didn't lock in the Witness statements, witnesses refused to come back in and get re-interviewed (probably another few-hour long process). So the State's Attorney's office basically rejects the charges. (Call went up the chain of command in the ASA's office, then back down to the poor ASA working this case)

Detective goes off, yelling at the ASA- (not verbatim, but in essence) "if you're going to just reject charges like that, why the fuck am I here? I can be home with my family, you're fucking useless... (Knowing the Det, he probably went off on them in Spanish as well)

The Commander finds out after a late night phone call, gets pissed and "overrides" the ASA's rejection. (This includes getting it signed off by a judge) The Commander is in the office, doing what he has to do, Det walks in and basically said "fuck this, I'm done." And asked to get transferred from a Homicide Team in Violent Crimes to working property crimes (handling Bullshit thefts) by his request.

Our twat of a States Attorney gets wind of this, and calls assclown brown, our superintendent of police... Because it's going to be an embarrassment to Foxx, they get the ball rolling to "override" the original "override", and assclown brown calls the Street Deputy (highest ranking member of the Department on the street- think "Officer of the Day" in the Military) who gets another judge to sign off on the second "override"...

This place is a fucking joke. A big, old floppy clown shoe wearing joke.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Dear world,

I quit.

Ramsey County attorney says he won't prosecute most felonies arising from low-level traffic stops

https://www.startribune.com/ra...fic-stops/600095042/

Ramsey County Attorney John Choi on Wednesday announced that his office will no longer prosecute most felony cases arising from low-level traffic stops, an effort aimed at reducing racial disparities in the criminal justice system.

Choi rolled out the new policy, which he described as a nation-leading collaboration between the county and cities within its jurisdiction, with the stated hope of building trust between law enforcement and communities of color. In St. Paul, Black motorists are four times more likely to be pulled over than white motorists, he said.

"We do not want to incentivize that type of policing," Choi said at a news conference Wednesday.

Police critics have long argued that "pretextual" traffic stops — in which officers use minor traffic or equipment violations as legal justification for pulling over someone they wish to investigate — lead to racial profiling and inequitable law enforcement. Calls for reform amplified in Minnesota after the deaths of Philando Castile and Daunte Wright, two Black men killed by police during traffic stops for equipment violations.

A growing body of research also argues pretextual stops do little to curb crime, Choi said.

Under the new policy, his office will decline to prosecute felony cases — such as those involving illegal possession of drugs or firearms — if evidence is discovered during a traffic stop for a nonpublic safety violation like expired tabs, objects dangling from mirrors or a burned-out taillight. The policy makes exceptions for cases that endanger public safety.

The County Attorney's Office will also not prosecute cases resulting from vehicle searches conducted without probable cause — which Choi said he hopes will discourage officers from using minor infractions to obtain consent to search individuals without suspicion of criminal wrongdoing.

"Nonpublic safety stops have caused unnecessary trauma and disparities for people and neighborhoods who for generations have had to have the talk with our children about surviving these incidents," Ramsey County Board Chairwoman Toni Carter said. She and other local leaders, including officials from east metro cities that have implemented or are exploring complementary policies, joined Choi at the news conference in a show of support.

One of my lawsuits was from a matter just as stated above.
The judge didn't like cases originating from traffic stops, and had a finding of "not guilty".

Dope dealing, gun toting felon gangbanger and his scumbag lawyer got a nice little check from the city...

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Every night on the news ( must fight a constant urge to vomit while I watch) I see one story line after the other, day after day, NEED MORE POLICE!
Bus driver shot in the face downtown, union leader says "we need more police on the buses".
Murder, assault,robbery, and car jackings downtown, alderman has a "high level" meeting, result of meeting, we need more police.
Murder, assault, rape,robbery on the L platforms and trains,"we need more police".
Cities reaction, handcuff the police.
Don't chase suspects on foot, don't chase suspects by car, don't lie to suspects. Stand back now that the CPD and the City are being sued for traffic stops, guess how that will end.
They ALL WANT more police, FOR WHAT!
We all hear the chant " Blacks are arrested in a much greater number than whites" must be racist, can't have this,forget that Blacks commit vastly more crime than whites. Cities solution, Don't arrest black criminals.
I have no sympathy for the downtown business owners or the downtown residents. They all constantly vote Democratic, let them hide and shake in the corners of there homes and businesses.
States Attorney Foxx who is an insult to any other demographic ( except Minnesota and California residents)was re-elected by over 200,000 votes in the last election, that alone tells the story of the city.
Hopeless!

Posts: 4605 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Thats the elephant in the room. 13% of the population commits 90%+ of the violent crime. How is it "racist" to point out that fact?

I pointed out that there is a "13% problem NOT a gun problem" in this Country on a local gunboard. My post was removed and an anonymous mod sent me a PM to "Watch the racist comments.." BULLSHIT! I won't go back there.

Ok to knock the Police on the same board too BTW. Until the amount of crime committed by the dems major voting block is addressed, the situation will not improve. Prosecutors refusing to to their jobs will not solve the problem. Just exacerbate it.

The dems hate "profiling" by LE, because it works. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post