SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
At some point government must take seriously its job. Having riots every night is a complete and total failure of government. This will become a clever attempt to blame LE for the total failure of government. I reject that and can see this for what it is.

It’s not like he shot her or began wailing on her. He acted out of extreme restraint in my eyes.

Yeah, as strikes go that one looked pretty mild to me. I understand the ROE problem, but damn! I heard this morning that the county DA - the same guy who refuses to prosecute rioters who destroy private and public property and routinely assault officers - is going to prosecute Officer Budworth. I also heard that the PPB expects a bunch more officers to resign if he's convicted.

Not if he's convicted. They quit.
quote:
All off the officers, sergeants, and detectives who were on the Rapid Response Team (RRT) - accounting for about roughly 50 members - met Wednesday and voted to resign, the bureau said. Despite not serving on the RRT, they are still sworn PPB members and will continue with their regular assignments.

Portland Police Acting Chief Chris Davis said he feels the resignations were a culmination of a lot of things, including responding to the near-nightly civil unrest in the city.

The resignations were announced after a member of the team, Officer Corey Budworth, was indicted on criminal charges—accused of using excessive force during a protest. Davis acknowledged this likely was a factor in Wednesday's decision.

https://katu.com/news/local/al...-team-vote-to-resign

Ah, I guess I mis-heard the report. Thanks for the clarification.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
If I understood the story on Fox the officers are quitting the riot team, not the force. There are around 350 officers that volunteer for riot team.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do LEO's typically get additional hazard pay for riot duty? (on top of the OT they would earn)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Cops need to stand up for themselves and demand a seat at the table. They have every right to tell legislators what we are willing to do and what we wont do. If LEO's don't get off their asses they will lose their qualified immunity. If cops think the republicans and democrats will come up with a fair compromise they are insane and they will deserve what will happen in this country.

Teachers demanded a seat at the table during covid and they took unfair advantage. Crime is increasing everywhere and cops are hiding out, as they should be. If cops quietly sit on their hands hoping the likes of Tim Scott and Schummer can find compromise they are foolish. The police Unions need to be working together. Then need to demand more training money, better pay, better equipment, along with QI and a seat at the table when discussing tactics and risk management. I don't want to hear what the chiefs of police say about training and tactics. I want line officers who actually fight crime making these decisions not the usual political yes men that Mayors bring out at press conferences.

Good luck with that. It ain't happening, at least not in Chicago. The Mayor in Chicago absolutely hates the FOP president and won't even talk to him. The rank and file have been without a contract for years but what the mutant on the 5th floor doesn't realize is that the longer she delays signing a contract the more she will have to pay out in the end. As long as it's illegal for the police to strike, there is not a lot they can do other than become firemen.

Illegal really doesn't matter anymore. Plenty of things out there are illegal and no one is doing anything about them. Walk off the job and see what happens. Admin ain't gonna come out of their high back leather chairs and get anybody.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll make you a friendly five dollar wager that if the Chicago coppers walk off the job The Mutant would do everything she could, spend every taxpayer dollar to fire them. She hates cops but especially hates the Union President and is doing everything she can to get rid of him. She epitomizes what is wrong with America.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is every single Chicago LEO walked off the job? What would she do then?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Easy! Chicago would celebrate the new holiday Juneteenth by rioting, burning neighborhood drug stores, looting Targets, iPhones stores, and go for a new record for weekend killings.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do LEO's typically get additional hazard pay for riot duty? (on top of the OT they would earn)

Maybe in union states.

Our guys don’t even get overtime most of the time. Federal guideline is 171 hours in a 28 day cycle before OT for police. Work 10 x 12 hour days in a row and then have a break to cool off…no overtime unless you hit that magical 171.

We were talking about the quitting the riot squad thing yesterday. Our consensus was they would try to fire us. Here you are voluntold, and the “pulls” happen frequently. Nothing like what some of the cities to the west have dealt with though. I don’t know if they would succeed in firing, we do have civil service protection, but I think they’d try.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
It’s beginning to look like “reality is imitating art” now. Frown

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of hazard pay for us LEO's anywhere.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:

Maybe in union states.

Our guys don’t even get overtime most of the time. Federal guideline is 171 hours in a 28 day cycle before OT for police. Work 10 x 12 hour days in a row and then have a break to cool off…no overtime unless you hit that magical 171.

We were talking about the quitting the riot squad thing yesterday. Our consensus was they would try to fire us. Here you are voluntold, and the “pulls” happen frequently. Nothing like what some of the cities to the west have dealt with though. I don’t know if they would succeed in firing, we do have civil service protection, but I think they’d try.

Yeah that is a scary possibility of being fired but so is defending yourself and then being charged with a crime to appease the democrat voting base.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Walk off the job? Why would we do that?!?
All we have to do is what we're required to do. Answer radio, drive to job in a safe manner, write paper or code the job out, leave.
Lather, rinse, repeat until check-off.

Didn't write any tickets?
No sir, didn't see anyone violate traffic laws!

Don't think for a second that it's not being done as we speak.
It's not being lazy, it's self preservation in some of these cities.
They have handcuffed and hobbled Law Enforcement in places like New York, Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle... Not only that, but if officers do something that "looks bad", the people in charge (mayor, chief/superintendent, city council, media...) want to hang the officer from the highest tree. Hey, no contact with the public lessens my officers chances of getting a complaint filed against them!

In the end, who actually suffers? The decent people in that city! Two days ago, Chicago had a whole family... A whole family... that was robbed at gunpoint on the Mag Mile. That's not sad, that's fucking pathetic.
Not the mayor, who has more armed guards around her, her wife, and her house than most people on here have police in their towns.
https://www.chicagocontrarian....os-summer-of-anarchy
(About the 7th or 8th paragraph down)

I've posted on here a few times on places to come to, places to eat here in Chicago.
I can't, in good faith, do that anymore. Why would I subject you to being a victim in a city (and state) that makes it very hard to have the ability to protect yourself?

Things may be bad here in Chicago, but IT AINT PORTLAND OR SEATTLE!
We haven't been in a constant battle with rioters for over a year.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8349 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That's terribly sad, but I get it. Stay safe CPD

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It's all a ploy by the left to eliminate local and state cops and institute a federal police force. It must be stopped.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
At work all the TV's are tuned into CNN. All I've seen this week is insurection, insurection, insurection. Look at these brave Capitol Police dealing with the riotous thugs, how brave, how beautiful. We need to hunt every one of these treasonous bastards down and ship them up the river.

Hey CNN, remember, the last 13 months of rioting? The 30 people killed; the billions of damages; the cops beaten, maced, lasered; the people getting attacked for the crime of eating dinner while being white?

I just want to rip one of our TVs down and scream at the hypocrites. Zero people were killed by the idiots on 1/6, not a single life lost. A few million in damages were caused, but that's less than a Tuesday night during the George Floyd Memorial Riots. You laser focus on a two hour temper tandrum, but ignore a year straight of rioting, death, and destruction. For anyone without their heads stuck in the sand the hypocrisy is obvious. Where was your worship for the police getting their asses kicked every night for a year by these rioters?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
It's all a ploy by the left to eliminate local and state cops and institute a federal police force. It must be stopped.

flashguy

federal police force

You mean Gestapo.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

federal police force

You mean Gestapo.

Fun Fact: There are presently 64 federal police agencies in the USA.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

She would probably get Pugsley to call out the NG.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And then complain about having armed, uniformed soldiers in the streets of the community?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No bullets in their guns.